Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kim I hear you on the car accident law suit taking forever. We were in a major accident a few years back (with major injuries and all) and it still took over 1yr to settle!! Good luck!
    xo
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My 0 streak is over.
    Several vodkas last night.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    My 0 streak is over.

But you had a GREAT run Girl! xo
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    My 0 streak is over.

But you had a GREAT run Girl! xo

Yes, impressive run!!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Called to make the kayak reservation and learned it's a 6 hour paddle and about 13 miles...they frown on alcohol on the trips. WHAT? Who does that? Freakin' tree huggers #!*^#.

This just made me laugh - my husband always says that any place or person that frowns on alcohol should be illegal!! :drinker: This isn't the prohibition era!! :laugh:

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident and the arbitration - boo :huh:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - a beer and a shot
    Team loss
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    2 mini champagne bottles at dinner and 2 scotches at home. Bed somewhat early then up early to get a work out in before I go for my dress fitting. I'm feeling damn good right now :bigsmile: It's amazing how much easier it is to control the booze when you're mentally feeling better :smile: with that said though, the fiancé better have a scotch waiting for me when I get home.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-12 oz cab
    Friday-12 oz cab
    Tonight- going to a friends for dinner so either some wine or vodka drinks
    Tomorrow- late lunch with some friends from highschool so some drinks I am sure
  • nisijam5
    Options
    4 cosmos, 1 mojito, 1 mai tai & 3 watered-down pom vodka sodas. Went out to dinner and then to the neighbor's birthday party. The band was good and the company even better.

Tonight is going to be a zero because I am tired of feeling like chit the next day.

Rock the dress Kat!!!

Shout out to Zip.

Amcanzo, you are married to a smart man!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

I agree that it should never be wrong to have alcohol. We went to concert at a fair a few years ago and were shocked and dismayed to find out that is was a dry fair. never again. (Phil Vasser and Sarah Evans were great though)

I had a little victory yesterday. I went grocery shopping and as I was walking thru the liquor aisle I had this little war waging in my head.

Bad Robin, "Hmmm I think I want something to put in my coffee tomorrow."
    Good Robin, "..... no not the Bailey's it is too caloric...... no Disorno is to sweet..... "
    Bad Robin, "I could just use vodka......."
    Good Robin, "No you have been busting it so hard on eating well all week why are you thinking about any of it. Just walk away and put that apple schnapps down,........... you don't need appletinis this weekend."
    Bad Robin ,"Okay Okay good Robin..... you win."

And I walked away. So here I sit with plain coffee this morning.

Have a great day ladies.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Haha at the good vs bad conversation with yourself. I have those too.

0 last night but I ate like caca yesterday. Gunna try to be good until I leave for Maui this week :happy:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Just spent $127.00 at the package store. I was out of practically everything except rum which I haven't been in the mood for. Sipping on a Limoncello martini...so yummy! I almost ruined it when I looked up in the database the calories for Limoncello, but realized I don't really care at this point. I will work it off tomorrow.

Syd - You did have a good run.

Robin - Good Robin :smile: Plain coffee ain't so bad.

Have a good weekend lushes!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm having a zero night, zero night...whoot, whoot
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I think I had enough for the whole lush board last night :noway: Normally I would spend today with more drinks to keep the hangover at bay buuuuut weird thing, I don't want any alcohol just a yummy grinder which hopefully my stomach will let me enjoy. Have a great Sunday lushes :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    mmm..grinders. I haven't had one in ages.

0-Friday
    0-Saturday

0 today I hope. 3 more days. I can do this.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - oh the Jack & cokes.…
    Team win!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Fiancé asked if I wanted a drink so we both had beers to celebrate ordering our new 65 inch TV =] I had Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin .... so good, Fall in a bottle :smile: Deciding whether I want to work out when the fiancé does, it would be kind of awesome seeing over 6000 calories burnt for the week and would make me feel better. Ok, I've convinced myself, I'm going to ride for an hour :glasses:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    It is positively amazing what a good sweat does for a hangover. I feel fine now :smile: and I torched some cals :glasses: Time to relax the rest of the night :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly my expected lushy weekend wasn't so lushy after all :flowerforyou: Had one rum & diet on Friday and that was it! Saturday we discovered sweet tea vodka which we mixed with low cal lemonade - yummy! Had a few but didn't get all crazy :bigsmile:

Sunday - just one drink when we got home Yay!! :love:

Have a great Monday fellow lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I see ALOT of moderation over the weekend, yay everyone!!!
    Friday-walked to grab dinner at Appalachian Brewing Company...after already having 3 shots....think I had 4 1/2 beers there? Ordered a salad for dinner so that's good right :wink:
    Saturday-Lunch with the inlaws then back to their place for the night. 3 beers at the restaurant, 3 beers and 1 glass of wine back at the house.
    Sunday-3 1/2 beers
    Tonight-not sure yet. I'm switching up my exercise routine for the next 4wks, which means yoga is coming back I miss it so much I just need to find the motivation to get down the basement, tonight is the first night....wish me luck that I still have motivation when I get home :smile: