Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

0 last night! Lets see if I can keep it going.

Ditto, but I am not optimistic! Last night was pathetic display of bargaining with myself.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Feel better Kblue!!!!

Monday - 0 :bigsmile:

Can't remember the last time I had one of those then again I haven't been trying for 0's. Looks like it won't be 0's all week though as we've got a get together for my Uncle's birthday tomorrow and we always have wine. I'm going to be good though and get both work outs done before going :smile:

It'll be a 0 tonight even though we're making home made meatballs with pasta.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you shooting for zeros! You are inspiring!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

0 last night! Lets see if I can keep it going.

Ditto, but I am not optimistic! Last night was pathetic display of bargaining with myself.
    Heh...me too. Which basically meant I ended up just eating the calories I normally would have drank.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those of you who had a Monday with 0. Thanks for the well wishes on my bad day.

Kate, hope that you feel well soon.

I need an intervention!!

Monday, my zero turned into 3 Corona lights and 1/2 Miller light.

Tuesday, the brain is already tuning in for something tonight but I think I will remain strong. As many of you have mentioned, let the bantering back and forth in my brain begin.

I just spent $450 at Sam's Club and $175 at the local grocery store. I am sad that no liquor was involved.

The 23rd is the MN state fair with my gf. We'll be packin' vodka in our bags and drinking lemonade with it. Then, the following Monday is a 6-hour kayak ride down the Kinnic river landing at Muddy Waters Blues restaurant and bar. Ahhhhh, life is good. However, I am going the wrong way on the scale.

I think I just need the summer to end soon. But, then, we have Ocktoberfest to consider...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Warning rant ahead

I am soooo angry :mad: and bummed.:sad: My Fitbit fell off this morning when I was moving a box of notebooks. Someone found it and left me a note at my desk to see if it was mine but then he set it out for all to see since he wasn't sure it was mine. Basically right before I found out and ran over to get it someone else took it. Stupid thief. They can't use it unless they already had one and have a charger base for it. Most people didn't even know what it was. I just don't get why someone took it. I left a note asking for it back but I doubt I will get it back. I felt naked all day and today and tomorrow are my 15,000 steps and 25 ish flights of stair climbing days and now I can't track it.

Rant over. frustration firmly entrenched.

I think alcohol is the only thing that may tame this savage beast within.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That really effing sucks, Robin.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ummmmm, nice co-workers Robin...stupid f'n basturdz...I would be as super pissed as you

Sliver lining is that you didn't break down and cry like me. You did what a logical, reasonable lush would do and turned to liquor.

Monday, 3.5 beers
    Tuesday, 2 red wine

Tomorrow and Thursday are my 3 to 11 shifts so there should be no booze after. However, there are times I fool myself with this logic. Or, lack of...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    That blows Robin. Stupid thiefs. Remember karma; they'll get theirs.

0 for me last night! That makes 1.5 for the week! Trying for 0 tonight too. That open bottle of SB has been calling to me all week.....
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Man that totally stinks Robin! I too would have broken down in tears and THEN I would have hit the alcohol!! I cover all the bases!! :ohwell: Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will return it, especially once they figure out it is essentially useless to them....

Plus side for me: 2 nights in a row of zero's!! WooHoo!!! Going for 3 more nights...we'll see...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-I am so sorry people can be really douchy sometimes! Hopefully you get it back!!! xo
    Congrats ladies on the zeros and to those who drank I was right there with you. :drinker:

Last night was a martinin and 8oz of wine and I had popcorn and almond butter for dinner....Lazy Lazy Katie but husband was working overtime, he had leftovers and I just didn't feel like making anything for myself.
    Tonight-wine
    I can't believe its only wednesday, for reals, BOOOO...this week is dragging!!! And I have decided to take the WHOLE entire week off from working out...I'm gonna enjoy it and do my best to stay within calories...so far so good. But I can't tell you the last time I didn't workout for an entire whole week, so I shouldn't feel too guilty right?! :huh:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry Mama Lush, I really don't understand what is wrong with people these days.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0 :smile:

Tonight will probably be wine for my Uncles birthday unless I'm just not feeling it. Switching days today and doing my hour on the bike today and Chest and Back with a bike ride tomorrow since Gram is getting me at 12.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone would swipe your fitbit, what a lowlife!
    I meant to have 0s but the other half came home and cracked a beer, and then there was grilling, and Breaking Bad watching and I had 3 miller lites...maybe tonight I can go for 0...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Katie, hang in there with the no exercise. I know it's driving you crazy.

Well another 0 for me as well. Of course I'm all pissy because I want to see results on the scale already..even though it's only been a couple of days...and I actually gained a damn mofo pound! :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sydney, I hear ya on the scale...because Lord know when your drinkin' the chit the scale laughs

I'm back to logging calories and have budgeted 2 glasses of wine for after work (if needed to decompress). The evening shifts are usually better. All the corporate stiffs and brown-nosers are gone. This is my last long week. I am so happy not to have to work full time.

Kate, I feed an Army and love a day off from cooking!! I hope you start to feel better. Can you do some gentle stretching, warm heat and ibuprofen?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    somebody anonomously returned the FitBit to my desk this afternoon around 1:00. They put 12000 steps on it yesterday and 2300 on it today before they returned it.

I am so glad I have it back.

today is Doug's birthday so good food tonight with wine.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Robin - Glad that your fitbit was returned!

Syd - Scales can be very unnerving. You let it know who is boss.

Kate - Hope you feel better too!

Kim - Sounds like a good plan logging wine ahead of time. Let me know how that works for you.

I have been rather busy. Went to a "Carnival of Madness" concert Friday night with a sister and daughter. The bands were Cavo, Halestorm, Chevelle and Evenescence It was the deadest concert I have ever been to. Got to park in VIP for free and our cheap $11.00 lawn seats got upgraded to $45.00 covered seating. They even closed the lawn and had the lawn police patrolling, which kinda pissed me off because I love lawn seats for outdoor concerts because I like to dance and wander around. Needless to say I only had 2 double vodka/sodas and we were rebels and danced on the lawn :laugh:

Saturday and Sunday went on a Georgia mountain wine tour. Visited six wineries. Georgia actually has some nice wines, some crappy ones too, but more good than bad. Some design their wineries to mimic chateaus and the architecture looks very European and if you have a good imagination, or have had enough wine, you can envision you are traveling abroad.

Monday - 2 glasses of wine
    Tuesday - 2 glasses of wine
    Wednesday - 1 Jack and diet, 1 vodka drink
    Thursday - haven't thought that far ahead yet.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yay robin! I'm glad the thief returned it at least.

Good to see ya Diana and nice to know you've been busy in the fun sort of way. I have several wineries just a few miles from my house and I do my best to stay away from them. I'm lushy enough as it is :tongue:

0 again tonight. I'm feeling kinda blah and just need to crash, I think. :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    if you have a good imagination, or have had enough wine, you can envision you are traveling abroad.

Ha, ha, alcohol makes a lot of things seem better. In Chicago, they have the same concept at Ravina. Lots of lawn dancing there and no police.

Sydney, hope the mood improves...maybe a walk on the beach?

Robin, glad that you got it back...kind of icky they wore it. Not sure where on the body it goes, but the mind wanders over here.

I'm finishing 7.2 oz of wine before I go to bed. I accidently took a patient's checkbook home with me tonight. I was supposed to give it to secuity. Thing is, she was 83 and kind of confused. I might have gotten away with it. Unfortunately, I had to drive back and hand it over. Darn Scruples!!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin - Yay!!! So happy you got your fitbit back!!

Syd - Hopefully a good nights sleep with shake the blah's...:tongue:

Well, I am hanging my head in shame....:blushing: Couldn't even make it to 3 days without drinking...geez...Worked 12 hours yesterday, got home, chatted with hubby a bit. Then he said he was going to make a drink and did I want one?? Could I be strong and say no? Well, obviously not - just one glass of wine but still.....:noway: Oh well, tonight is a new, drink free night....