Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Friday and Saturday were lushy. Friday I had 6-7 glasses of wine, but our hot tub was involved, so I passed out in my chair next to the hot tub. Damn mind erasing hot tub....

Saturday we went to our friends' and my friend started drinking her fantastic homemade sangria at 11am. I held up pretty well and only had 2 glasses of sangria over the course of much of the day so I could still feed and take care of the baby. After I switched to the bottle, it was on. I'm not sure how much I drank. I just know I had a nice buzz for most of the early evening and by the time we left around 9, I was tanked. I would have liked to practice a little more self control over the weekend, maybe this one will be better. So:

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 dirty martinis, 4oz merlot
    Wednesday - 3.5 glasses wine
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 6.5 glasses wine
    Saturday - ?? 5 glasses sangria, 2-3 glasses wine??

I had 0 last night and will shoot for 0 tonight and tomorrow too. I have plans with my friend Thursday, so I reckon I'll drink several glasses of wine. Then it's Labor Day weekend. Yay holiday!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Mornin'

Friday-2glasses of white (about 12oz) and 1 10oz glass of red, not too bad.
    Saturday-1 beer before we left for the party, then maybe about 3more beers, 2 cherry vodka and diet cokes and 2 or 3 captain morgan and diet cokes. I sampled some delicious bourbon beers too. All in all not too bad for me. I had a great time and actually remembered going to bed :bigsmile: ....rare occasion :laugh:
    Sunday-2 glasses of white and 1 glass of red.
    Monday-not sure. Husband is working overtime 4 days this week. I have to get some cleaning done, but I will probably have some wine most nights!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    About 8 beers over the course of the day yesterday then didn't feel like beer anymore so switched to water. Went to bed pretty early but the fiancé and I did not sleep well. Going to the Cheesecake Factory tonight for the fiancés sisters birthday. Think I'll maintain my 0 Monday-Thursday and not have drinks even though we will be out but who knows. Gloomy day here so I think I'll pick up the house then snuggle with the fur babes before doing my work outs :smile:

Here's to a new week :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 beers
    Team win.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Last week recap...

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- vodka and diet tonic and about 3/4 bottle red
    Thursday-0
    Friday-0
    Saturday-a lemondrop shot and too many beers to count at the game
    Sunday-0

This week is starting out pretty stressful, so I have no idea what the plan will be.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Zip, I think I've noticed a pattern. Your numbers are higher when *team loses*.

Chole, nice self control week

Monday, finally a good day at work...tonight will be 2 Ockoberfest Sam Adams and a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow is state fair with family and friends. I am sure drinking will be involved. I loved all the beer sampling that went on (hoppy, belgium, dark, amber, ales...oh my!!) Might be the time to cool off!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Did it, went out to dinner with the fiancés family for his sisters birthday and didn't have any booze :bigsmile: Thought about maybe having a night cap when we got home since I burnt over 800 cals with my work outs and went with one of the meals off of the skinnylicious menu plus didn't have dessert and hardly any of the bread they put on the table but I'm beat. Fiancé is stuck doing work because something happened while we were at dinner and if I were to have a night cap I'd probably be out in a matter of minutes haha. Though that may not be a bad thing as I slept badly last night.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sunday was semi-lushy....2.5 beers while out at the baseball game - actually the beers were before the game...at Comerica Park the beers are $8.75 a piece :noway: I have limits as to how much I'll spend on beer!! Yikes!! Did have a long island ice tea once we got home from the game

Didn't have any alcohol last night...Yay! :bigsmile:

Nice job on your zero Kat! :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    You guys ready for this....ready....ready...Monday-0!!!!!!! :laugh:
    Honestly the only reason I had nothing last night was because I didn't work out and was hungry.....I went over cals, sheesh I rarely do that when I drink during the week...oh well.
    Tonight there will be wine :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Awesome on all the 0's! I too am part of the 0 club. That makes 2 nights in a row for me. I'm shooting for 4 in a row. Or at least 3.... :smile:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Nice work on the 0's ladies!

Monday - 0

So, TOM decided to come twice this month :grumble: The bad is, well that it came twice. Luckily I don't get cramps but I do get ridiculously exhausted, lose my appetite and my stomach just never feels great. The good, yes there's good (hopefully), is that since it seems to have reset what time it's coming, if it keeps this up then I won't have it for my wedding or honeymoon :bigsmile:

I'll be staying away from booze tonight as well since I'm already tired if I have any drinks I'll be out on the couch after a few sips haha. Think I'll put in 2 hours on the bike in a bit but I've got to get some laundry started and vacuum first.

Have a great Tuesday all :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been having a couple of drinks every night for the last week but after Labor Day I am going to try really hard to be good!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Didn't get around to vacuuming but got some laundry done and got 2 hours on the bike in. TOM has left me not feeling hungry and since I put in 2 hours I figure I should try and get some calories in so a drink might just be in order for tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Three 0's in a row. I need a medal of some sort. :wink: I may try for 4 in a row! Thursday I'm drinking. I'm getting together with my friend and that's what we do. Plus I don't work on Friday. Then I'm off till Wednesday! Woo hoo!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great job Ashley!! And you got a mini vacay coming up WOOHOO!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-10oz of wine
    Wednesday-wine, most likely!!! Week is half through, YAY!!!! We have a wedding in baltimore this weekend. Leaving Saturday morning and coming home monday. The actual wedding is sunday, which by the way is my birthday...should be fun times :bigsmile:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Something very epic happened last night.....Well first I had my third interview with the winery yesterday. I think it went well, but I don't want to get myself too excited until I know for sure. They said I should hear from them by the end of the week. So the rest of the day yesterday I spent cleaning, and my husband called me on his way home from work and said he felt like getting some fall beer and asked if I wanted anything from the liquor store, so of course I said grab me a bottle of wine. But, he got home with it and I never even opened it! I feel good about my decision also :happy: I'm going to shoot for no drinks tonight and tomorrow we are going to a friends house for dinner, so maybe I will bring that bottle of wine!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Nice work Better!! :glasses:

Sounds like a fun weekend blue :smile:

That is some self control right there Chloe, well done :flowerforyou:

I had a mixed drink while the fiancé worked out, then he made a tuna melt for himself and had a beer so I had one as well and then one more. I didn't end up having dinner because I just wasn't hungry and barely ate anything all day so I figured some drinks were fine :smile: Might have drinks again tonight, Aunt Flo just kills my appetite but I did have my nutritional shake and some chips so far today. Going to have some coffee and definitely have to vacuum today and I'll probably do another 2 hour bike ride at some point.

It is absolutely gorgeous here today so for the most part I think I'll relax and enjoy having all the windows open :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so many zero's I just can't relate. vodka last night. bottle of wine the night before. Work has been crazy for the last 3 days. I barely can breath. Catch all you lushes later.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm making up for all your 0's here in Maui!! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've worked really hard today....I may need a drink or few tonight.