What do your primal meals look like? With pics!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Losingamy
    Losingamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate tart looks so scrumptious. Wish I could stand avocado.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate tart looks so scrumptious. Wish I could stand avocado.

It really doesn't taste like avocado! The avocado just subs as a fat. By the time you add the cocoa, chocolate, honey, and stevia, it's totally unrecognizable. You should try it :wink:
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For Fairysoul:

Primal Reese's Cups

Tools:
    paper cupcake wrappers
    a cupcake pan
    a double boiler or bowl that fits on top of a pot

Ingredients:
    2 bars of dark chocolate (I prefer 85%)
    1-2 tbs. coconut oil
    room temperature nut butter (almond, peanut, whatever you prefer)
    1/2 a banana, sliced super thin

Directions:
    -line cupcake pan with wrappers
    -heat an inch or two of water in a pot on the stove, careful not to boil
    -put bowl or double boiler on top of pot making sure the water level is not high enough to touch the bowl
    -break 1 chocolate bar into pieces and slowly melt in double boiler with 1 tbs. coconut oil
    (be careful not to get it too hot or the chocolate will separate like oil and coffee grounds and be ruined)
    -pour melted chocolate into cupcake wrappers, creating the bottom layer of the Reese's Cup. Make it as thick as you want. Usually I get 9 cups out of 1 chocolate bar
    -stick the pan in the freezer until chocolate is solid

-dollop a tsp of nut butter onto the center of each cup
    -push thin banana slices into the nut butter so it spreads over the cup evenly, but doesn't touch the edges of the wrapper
    -place back into freezer so it hardens up a little

-heat up second chocolate bar the same way as the first
    -pour remaining chocolate into cups so the sides and top of the banana slice are completely covered, sealing it in and making a "Reese's Peanut Butter Cup"
    -put back in freezer so top layer can solidify
    -keep refrigerated until eaten
    (the coconut oil makes them melt fast at room temperature, so if that's a problem you can always just not use the coconut oil)

I made these tonight and they were AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!
  • ali_b83
    Options
    Butternut squash curry chicken soup
    Roasted butternut squash and red pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, chicken, coconut milk, curry, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, butter, coconut oil, and olive oil.
    Topped with dates, figs, cilantro, and sriracha.
    securedownload-5.jpg
    Sweet potato latkes (made with egg and coconut flour), egg, pork sausage, bacon, spinach, and a tiny bit of parmesan.
    IMG_4234.jpg
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OMG...these all look amazing!
  • ali_b83
    Options
    Paleo Hash. Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus, red pepper, garlic, bacon, chicken sausage, and topped with fried egg.
    securedownload-1-2.jpg
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Paleo Hash. Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus, red pepper, garlic, bacon, chicken sausage, and topped with fried egg.
    securedownload-1-2.jpg

Thats a must try!!! Thanks!
  • ali_b83
    Options
    @fairysoul- Is the cereal coconut milk with coconut, berries and nuts? Looks good, I want to try it!
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    That is actually, 1/2 of 1/4 of cup of flaked coconut, 1/4 cup of raspberries, 1/2 of a 1/4 of a cup sliced almonds, 1 chopped date, and about 1/3 cup od unsweetened almond milk! About 230 cals I think..
  • ali_b83
    Options
    That is actually, 1/2 of 1/4 of cup of flaked coconut, 1/4 cup of raspberries, 1/2 of a 1/4 of a cup sliced almonds, 1 chopped date, and about 1/3 cup od unsweetened almond milk! About 230 cals I think..

Awesome, thanks! I have a bag full of dates. That is on my list for sure. Lately I've been obsessed with a new treat (doesn't photograph well). It's almond butter, coconut butter, cocoa powder, and a little stevia. Tastes like dark chocolate cookie dough, so good.
  • ali_b83
    Options
    Paleo cereal (thanks for the idea fairysoul!)
    Sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and pecans with some berries and peaches. It also has an orange honey and coconut milk caramel, then poured some almond and coconut milk over it all.
    IMG_0047_2.jpg

Bacon-wrapped, honey-glazed chorizo meatloaf with warm plantain and red pepper salad with balsamic-avocado dressing.
    IMG_0042_2.jpg

Twice baked turkey sweet potatoes
    http://paleomg.com/loaded-turkey-stuffed-twice-baked-sweet-potatoes/
    IMG_4414.jpg
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Bumping, I want to post some later!!
  • Clkafka
    Options
    So many yummy meals!
  • metter2011
    metter2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ali_b83
    Options
    Tortilla-less chicken soup
    soup.jpg
    Pepper bacon, sweet potato hash browns, spinach-kale-onion scrambled eggs, and avocado.
    bacon.jpg
    Spinach & kale crepes stuffed with braised spareribs and garlic mashed plantains.
    crepes.jpg
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not quite a meal... but man are they tasty:

picture on dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5580xjobkw1q7pe/IMAG0824.jpg

recipes:
    Frosting:
    http://www.paleoeffect.com/recipes/chocolate-frosting-paleo-effect/
    and
    http://justinhealth.com/justinwordpress/paleo-chocolate-frosting-shots/

cupcakes:
    http://paleomg.com/birthday-chocolate-cupcakes/

I made a double batch of the cupcakes, a batch of the "frosting shots" and a 1/2 batch of the first frosting.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm at work so I can't post pics right now, but I have a ton of Paleo food pics on my blog if anyone cares to take a look. Most of them have recipes as well. www.eattolivelivetorun.wordpress.com