Zero2hero2013 -

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'd say that's just because of how lean you are then. :)
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    just wish all my body is as lean, i think if i lose all the fat once, it will re distrubute better when i gain it again.

im basing this idea on the fact that your hormones control where the fats goes, and raised insulin etc due to eat very bad junk food for ever before i started would of made alot more food go on to y belly,

would this theoury work?

strip of all the fat gained while eating badly, then eat clean while gaining weight and it can re distrubute more evenly?
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to that question too! The fat seems to bee hanging on to the legs a the front of my abdomen across the navel area.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Would be good but I don't think it works that way. Once you gain a fat cell it can never be lost (without liposuction) but it can be reduced to basically nothing.

I used to be very large and now I have the stubborn lower ab fat like most guys. From my "clean" bulking experience (eating at a moderate surplus aiming for 2lbs/month gain), my accumeasure caliper readings barely changed at chest and thigh but abs went from 10mm to 17mm. So for me, I still get the fat there first and lose it there last.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    done 2 2 miles walks during week but very busy at work and had to stay late so couldnt get to the gym on wednesday

todays training@

bench press: 60kgx10, 70kgx5 80kg x 3 60kg x 10, really struggled with this today. decided as from next week i am going to aim to lose 1lb a week rather then 1.5 currently.

squats: 1x60x10 1x80x10 1x90x7

deadlifts: 1x130x5 1x150x3 1x170x1. 1x190 failed, 1x130x3

dumbell shoulder press, 3x8x17.5 kg each dumbell

cable cross overs: 3x10xsetting 5, 2x20xsetting 2

bench press, 1x20x20kg 1x15x40 1x20x30kg 2x5x60kg

chin ups, hands facing sideways 2x7x bw 88.5kg clothed and food weight approx at time

squats 1x20xx20kg, 1x10x50kg 1x10x60kg 1x15x50kg

bent overs rows 3x10x60kg

fin, absolutely drained now, just about to have a 700 calorie protein shake,1x60g mass gainer for carbs and protein,1x30g sci whey protein, boost protein content and 500 ml of milk coz it tastes good and adds all good stuff lol.

hopefully do a mini circuit sunday morning, inclusing some 18kg explosive cardio squats, 18kg double handed front facing arm raises, 18kg bent over rows, incline push ups (the ones with your hands by your pecs and elbows tucked in) with feet on top of bed for added core training. 6kg dumbell shoulder press. and ofcourse situps and crunches. got the gf joining me so gonna put her through her paces lol.

hope you all have a good weekend!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i think your deficit has been overly aggressive. Have you been sacrificing carbs mostly to make your calories?
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    pretty much. .
    i think i am going to aim for 130g of protein, 60g of fat and the rest carbs now onwards, aim for around 2 before gym , should be safer on the retaining muscle front.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    that's pretty low protein for you're weight and strength training IMO. I aim for 155g minimum but typically closer to 200g and I'm around 80kg now. But if it works then stick with it :smile:
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    What Chris Said, if you've gone low cal, you may have already sacrificed a bit of mass, better to over consume than under consume protein!
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    tweaked my calories and macros now, gonna see if i can hit 170g protein daily, while eating 2000 cals.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    todays training

decided to start stronglift 5x5 from the begining.

todasy training, sigh....

squats 5x5x 40kg whoop whoop lol
    overhead press, 5x5x20kg yay
    deadlift 1x5x80kg

finished within 25 mins so then did

10 mins on the row machine, did 2100 metres
    10 min incline walking on treadmill steepest setting at speed 4.5 got the sweat on
    3x15 crunches

fin

made up for the weights by doing cardio probably not a bad thing at all, next 5 weeks il subsidise the lack of weight with extra cardio. maybe il even try running :-)
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    Are you starting SL or Madcow or something?
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    decided to start stronglift 5x5 from the begining.

im confused foxy, you replied to my post yesterday about starting sl, and agreed starting from the begining was a good idea.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Strong lifts! ahh, did that, I'm glad I'm done with it. Missed variety. Good luck with it though. :smile:
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    Yeah, if you can make progress on 5x5 programmes, they're definitely worthwhile! Im just really forgetful
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    todays training,
    intended to do 5x5 but drifted heavier lol.

squat 5x5x50kg slow ups and downs and held for 3 seconds at bottom.

deadlifts,, my friend was there lol. 1x5x140kg, 1x5x150kg

bench press, drifted here lol/
    1x5x40kg
    1x5x50kg
    1x5x60kg
    1x5x70kg
    1x3x80kg not perfect but ok
    1x12x50kg
    1x12x40kg superset from 50kg.

bent over row barbell
    5x5x37.5kg
    1x3x67.5kg

15 mins incline walk on tredmil

fin
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    3 mile walk to work,
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    did 3 x15 inclnie press ups, 15 was the max i could do, my feet were up on my bed which is a divan base so quite high, id say my *kitten* was just above my shoulders when i start in terms of height off floor. also tried it with some addidas press up bar, raises you about 2'' off the floor and all the weight end up on your wrists as your holding onto a bar. i think it will be good training for my forearms , grip and wrists, going to keep gently pushing and resting when they are aching in hopes it toughens them up. my biggest hurdle on the deadlift is the grip, i can get 210kg up for one on a good day now but only with straps, managed a 1x5 at 140 and 150 the other day but it makes my knuckles ache for days after. not sure what the best plan of attack is. struggle through hoping my grip gets better as the weights get heavier.

think i need some help on deciding what i want to do when i bulk, all i know is i want to achieve good gains this time while minimising fat accumalation.

if anyones up for chatting about it that be awesome!

aiming to train between monday and friday at the gym and a light workout if needed at the weekend using home weights and body weight exercises, very little weight available
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    Drop the straps ASAP, buy chalk. The more you use the straps, the more dependant on them you become

Dead hangs, farmers walks, Heavy Shrugs, If you do lunges, then DB lunges, and Kroc Rows (Bent over DB rows). If i had to attribute any lift to fixing my grip, it'd be Kroc rows.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Best thing for grip has always been.....deadlifts..., lol.

Also stiff leg deadlift without straps. That one works your grip like nothing else. The constant tension is ridiculous.
    And yeah farmers walks go without saying.

Another thing, I do all my deadlifts with double overhand until I can't, then I switch to mixed grip, which for the moment feels limitless, lol. Can generally get a couple reps at 165 with normal grip.