30 Day Shred Level 1

Options

Replies

• hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I busted my knee yesterday :( i had to modify jumping jacks to other cardio. I dont think itnwas as effective. I wasnt able to do the sidelunge either. :frown: im resting tomorrow so i can do my 10th day with a bang.

What does everyone think? Will a knee support Brace help? I really want to pull through. :sad:

I really hurt my knee the last time I did 30 DS - from what I remember I found level 2 quite hard on my knees. I think you should get a soft knee support, but you could also temporarily replace the high impact cardio sections with things with less or no impact, maybe something like these: http://exercise.about.com/library/bllowimpactcardioblast1.htm

Also, give yourself (at least) a day off after day 10.

You don't want to antagonise an injury and take longer to heal! If you have to take a few days off then do. Maybe ease yourself back in with a couple days of level 1 and then back into level 2.

It's not a cheat so you shouldn't feel guilty, needs must!

Hope you recover soon lady :)

This is so helpful laur! Thanks! Im doing cardio tonight low impact. Super thanks!
  • hunnins
    Options
    Thanks JayMri! The wall push ups are helpful. Thanks, dear....
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I got up and did the Shred at 5AM this morning !!! and that was even before my morning coffee :drinker:

I am a morning exerciser but not THAT early...LOL. But I needed to get it done because I had a long day ahead of me. Check Day 4 off !!
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    level 1 d8 done! some stuff is getting easier, but increasing weights feels more of a burn. i run in place for some of the cardio, since it is softer for my heels. knee is bothering me today.
  • vadanad
    vadanad Posts: 5
    Options
    Aaand that's the motivation I needed. If you're exercising this way, then what is my excuse as a teenager? And still during summer holiday. None, i suppose. Thanks!
  • stephaniepittman
    stephaniepittman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lv1D5 done .. and although I'm not a morning person, trying to do a workout right after coming home from work is not easy either; so I think tomorrow I'll go back to doing the shred in the morning.

I am so surprised that the soreness goes away just by pushing through. Last time I tried 30ds, I stopped every so many days because I was sore, but then when I started again I would just be sore again! Now I'm on Day 5 and feeling great! So I think the trick is to keep going unless you have an injury!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Weight training day. Will be back tomorrow for L1D5.
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 2 of level 1 yesterday. Ya Hoo
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 done here. Keep going everyone, you're doing fantastically!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    No exercise today. Packed up the camper and the site, pulled something in the back - very sore, plus went to the chiro yest so everything else is sore. Back at it Monday.
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 9 and upped the weights to 3 pounds. felt almost no difference from 2 pounds. I do not have 4 pd, but have 5 pd so I sure that will feel different. one more day then level 2. going to see how i feel monday whether or not i do level 2
  • towens00
    Options
    L1D5. Thanks!!
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Missed working out yesterday but just completed my workout with the DVD and treadmill this morning. Day 3 for me
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 6 ~ DONE !!! I can't believe that I have actually stuck with it this long. Still doing some modified moves but all in all it is coming along great ! I noticed my arms are stronger as the push ups are getting slightly better. :bigsmile:

I also started to do Planks in place of the abs section...try holding one of those for a minute !! :explode:
  • towens00
    Options
    L1 D6 finished!!! Thanks to all of you for the motivation and support :)
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 completed! Well done everyone, you're doing a great job! x
  • hunnins
    Options
    Hi shredders.... I pulled my muscles so i had to stop at day 9.5 i started day 10 but my knee got worse. Had it checked today and I've been advised to stick to biking and other low knee-impact cardio. Even the standing from floor exercise to standing was aggravating my muscle. At least nothing torn or broken. But i do need to lay off for a bit. I'll come back to do this, I promise....
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 6!
  • towens00
    Options
    L1D7. Yay!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Back at home and back at it. Will do Day 5 sometime today. Have a lot I need to get done today, and son starts school tomorrow. Had an aweful weekend of eating, so will get back on track with that as well today.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will check back in later.