Leslie Sansone September 2012 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    4 miles: 4 Mile Super Challenge from the Ultimate Collection DVD.

Goal for September: 70
    So far: 7

Wow, a lot of us were walking today. Yay!!!! At this rate we will be on the second page before we know it :drinker:
    See you tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am in for 40 miles. It will be great getting back to Leslie. She was the only thing to work in the beginning.
  • roxedy
    roxedy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Miles Today: 3
    Sept goal: 50
    Miles so far: 4

I had intended to do all the miles in the "4 Mile Power Walk" DVD but DH had misplaced his phone, with his morning alarm set, so I kept hearing this intermittent beeping that totally drove me crazy. At first I thought I was just hearing it from the upstairs. Then I thought maybe I was wrong about the sound belonging to DH's phone and I was hearing the neighbor's phone because it did sound faint. Finally I could not take the beeping anymore and had to go find the source. Turned out it was wedged between couch cushions.... :tongue:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Walkers! WOW - love this group!:happy:

Last week was not a good one with the hurricane and of course came up 6 miles short of my goal for August. UGH!:sad:

It's a new month, so I am pushing again. I got the new Just Walk 3 Mega Miles - I did it yesterday and really liked it - it has a new resistance band that is much stronger than the ones before. Some new moves, not so imaginative, but hey, moved in another direction and was a great 3 miler.:laugh:

Today I pulled out Walk & Kick - it's a kickboxing intervals workout but she never says how many miles it is - it's about 33 minutes, so I don't know if that's 2 miles or what. I not counting this one today since I don't know - it would bother me :ohwell: - LOL

GOAL - 45 MILES
    SO FAR - 3 MILES
    LEFT - 42 MILES

Looking forward to walking with you all this month!! Have a great week!!:bigsmile:
  • Tobybears
    Options
    Is it too late to start? I would like to join, I need somethng to get me going and hopefully stick with it.

I will try to set my goal at 36 miles.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Goal - 45

4 miles so far (Monday) - 41 to go
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    ....Today I pulled out Walk & Kick - it's a kickboxing intervals workout but she never says how many miles it is - it's about 33 minutes, so I don't know if that's 2 miles or what. I not counting this one today since I don't know - it would bother me :ohwell: - LOL ....

Hi Princess. Here is what I do in that case which works for me, b/c I'm so not wanting to add miles that aren't there either :frown: .

I look up the DVD on collagevideo.com because they break down LS (and their other videos) into minutes. For the Walk & Kick workout in the Fat Burning DVD collage says that the workout is 30 minutes counting the warmup (which LS usually builds into her first mile). That does not count the cool downs/stretches. So if the pace is at or less than a 15 minute mile it would be at least a 2 miles workout without any quibble about it :smile: .

W & K is the only one from that DVD that I haven't tried yet, but I would think that you could give yourself 2 miles because of the length and the type of walk.

Hope that this helps :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Is it too late to start? I would like to join, I need something to get me going and hopefully stick with it.

I will try to set my goal at 36 miles.

Never too late to join in the fun. Just make a goal that reflects what you want/ or realistically can do for what remains in the month. I started mid month when I began.

These are your own personal goals for fitness, so you can join in anytime and make it work for you, as well as to be an encouragement for the group. :smile:

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Miles Today: 6
    Sept goal: 100
    Miles so far: 17
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wow, we on the second page already. WTG to all of us for walking strong!!! Such a strong beginning for September's Walk Challenge :smile:

Tuesday:
    2 miles: 2 Mile Brisk Walk from the Ultimate Collection DVD.

So far: 9

See you tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • Tobybears
    Options
    GOAL FOR SEPTEMBER - 36 miles.

Tuesday - 2 miles.

Miles left 34.
  • graciaontarget
    graciaontarget Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in ;)

Goal for September - 50 miles

Sep1 - 4 miles
    Sep2 - 4 miles
    Sep3 - 3 miles
  • robinskite
    Options
    I'm brand new to this site but I would love to join the September Challenge if it's not to late. I'll try for 45 miles!
  • Tobybears
    Options
    Good Luck everyone.

Tuesday 94 - 2 miles.
    Wednesday 9/5 - 2 miles.

Goal 36 miles

4 miles so far.
  • princessf1
    Options
    Count me in ;)

Goal for September - 50 miles

Sep1 - 4 miles
    Sep2 - 4 miles
    Sep3 - 3 miles

YAY! You found us! Welcome!
  • princessf1
    Options
    I'm brand new to this site but I would love to join the September Challenge if it's not to late. I'll try for 45 miles!

Never too late! Welcome!
  • princessf1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday already!

Well, with the help of texasgardnr I decided to count Walk & Kick as 2 miles yesterday.

No water aerobics this morning - it looked like we were about to have a thunderstorm ( but never happened of course ). So I did an oldie but goodie., Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles - that one is always good for a sweat!

GOAL - 45 MILES
    SO FAR - 8 MILES
    LEFT TO GO - 37 MILES

I am so happy to see so many walkers this month! Very motivating for me :flowerforyou:

Walk on!
  • greatwood1
    greatwood1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just got my videos last week, and want to join the September Walk Challenge! My goal is 45. I did 2 miles on 9/1, 2 miles on 9/2, and 3 miles on 9/4 plus 3 miles today.

Goal -45 miles
    To date - 10 miles

35 miles to go :smile:
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Miles Today: 7
    Sept goal: 100
    Miles so far: 24
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    canonge2, 7 miles today- you are going strong toward your goal :happy:

greatwood1, Glad that you are here and have your videos now :smile: You are doing some great walking!!

princessf1, you certainly deserved those miles from the other day :wink: . I love that 3 Fast Mile DVD.

Wednesday:
    3 MIle Slim & Sleek

So far: 12

Enjoy your evening, or whatever time it is for you. :flowerforyou: