Leslie Sansone September 2012 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• greatwood1
    greatwood1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ah, this lovely weather. I walked outside today. Does that count for the September challenge? OK, if not, just checking.

miles today, walking outside: 3.5, brisk pace

If included, September to date: 23.5

Miles to goal: 21.5

:flowerforyou:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of this Super September Group! Nice walking everyone!:tongue:

I ordered the 3m Slim & sleek + pilates ( saw texasgardnr did this one and was intrigued so I ordered it! ). WHEW! That is an awesome workout - I LOVE IT. Highly recommend for intermediate to advanced walkers - this is a great one.

GOAL - 45 MILES
    SO FAR - 14 MILES
    LEFT - 31 MILES

Have a great week walkers and don't ever stop walking!:laugh:
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    Goal for Sept - 30 miles
    Miles Walked - 12 miles
    9/11 - 1 Mile - Walk Away the Pounds - Get up and get started
    5 Mile - Leslie Sansone Walk Your Way Thin - Walk It Off & Tone It Up - 5 Mile Walk

Miles Left - 12 miles
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Miles Yesterday: 4
    Miles Today: 4
    Miles so far: 41
    Sept goal: 100
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Ah, this lovely weather. I walked outside today. Does that count for the September challenge? OK, if not, just checking.

miles today, walking outside: 3.5, brisk pace

If included, September to date: 23.5

Miles to goal: 21.5

Of course it counts :drinker: Good for you!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I like that name: Super September Group. That we all are. :heart: all the walking and the inspiration going onhere.

Tuesday:
    2 miles walked: 30 Minute Walk. From the Walk Away the Pounds For Your Week DVD.
    I needed a shorter, lighter walk since I was going to do an hour, with intervals during the commercials, on the Gazelle while watching The Doctors TV show.

Goal for September: 70
    So far: 26

• graciaontarget
    graciaontarget Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Goal for September - 50 miles
    Left : 25 miles

Sep1 - 4 miles Sep11 - 4miles
    Sep2 - 4 miles
    Sep3 - 3 miles
    Sep5 - 4 miles
    Sep7 - 4 miles
    Sep9 - 2 miles

Texasgardnr - same as you i love this group ;) it really appreciate the motivation and support of this group. I'm doing the WATP - ultimate collection , mostly the super challenge.
  • greatwood1
    Options
    2 mile brisk walk today!

Miles today: 2

Miles to date: 23.5

Mile to goal: 16.5

:love:
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did the 2 Mile Brisk Walk from the Ultimate Collection again.

Miles Today: 2
    Miles Total: 13
    Sept. Goal: 30

I have more Leslie Sansone DVDs but I really like the Ultimate Collection! Although my favorite DVD of hers isn't a walking one at all, it's the old Short Cuts (Lower Body) one. I think I'm going to do it on Friday, I won't be able to add any miles to my total but I love the workout!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    9/11 Miles: 2
    Miles Total: 6
    Sept Goal: 45

I took a week off :blushing: Ugh! I gotta get my "you know what" in gear
  • canonge2
    Options
    Miles Today: 4
    Miles so far: 45
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    Goal for Sept - 30 miles
    Miles Walked - 18 miles
    9/12 - 5 Miles - Leslie Sansone's Walk at home - Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles

Miles Left - 7 miles
  • rachristi
    Options
    I started my walking again finally. I did the 4 mile Super Challenge today and yesterday.

Goal- 45 miles
    Sept 11- 4 miles
    Sept 12- 4 miles

37 miles to go!

I did a lot of Leslie Sansone DVDs over the summer. I tried to do 5-6 days a week. I started to get severe pain in the sides of my feet. I have foot issues anyway, so I've been trying to figure out what's been going on. Yesterday when I started my walking again my feet were killing me and I realized that it might be from the side steps. The 4 mile Super Challenge has a lot of side steps. Today I tried to just do knee lifts or kicks instead of all those side steps, so hopefully that will help. I'm seeing my favorite foot guy next week, so maybe he'll have some help too. I need to start reviewing my DVDs for the ones with the least side steps!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    You are all doing some awesome walking!

rachristi I hope that you resolve the foot pain issues soon. Foot pain is a true bummer :sad: .

Wednesday:
    3 miles walked: from the 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk DVD

Goal for September: 70
    So far: 29

Enjoy your evening ladies, I'm gong to watch a b/w classic movie on TV.
  • setang
    setang Posts: 107
    Options
    Today 4miles walk, will be travelling for 5 days that means i will walk 20miles less but I am not going to change my Goal. Will make up the lost miles when I am back after a 5days feasting.

Goal for September- 80miles
    Todate - 15 miles
    Remaining miles: 64miles

5 days in the work out I lost 1.2kgs I am really happy.
  • canonge2
    Options
    I started my walking again finally. I did the 4 mile Super Challenge today and yesterday.

Goal- 45 miles
    Sept 11- 4 miles
    Sept 12- 4 miles

37 miles to go!

I did a lot of Leslie Sansone DVDs over the summer. I tried to do 5-6 days a week. I started to get severe pain in the sides of my feet. I have foot issues anyway, so I've been trying to figure out what's been going on. Yesterday when I started my walking again my feet were killing me and I realized that it might be from the side steps. The 4 mile Super Challenge has a lot of side steps. Today I tried to just do knee lifts or kicks instead of all those side steps, so hopefully that will help. I'm seeing my favorite foot guy next week, so maybe he'll have some help too. I need to start reviewing my DVDs for the ones with the least side steps!

The side steps were hurting the sides of my knees. I realized that I wasn't planting my feet down completely. I was doing the side steps on my toes. Once I noticed and corrected my plant, the knee pain was gone! Maybe you can try walking in front of a mirror or just continue to substitute different moves for the side steps. HTH
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did the 2 Mile Brisk Walk from the Ultimate Collection again.

Miles Today: 2
    Miles Total: 15
    Sept. Goal: 30

rachristi: I've found that I can't do the side steps in my athletic shoes, my feet move around too much and it causes pain. Have you tried any other shoes? I've started wearing shoes similar to keds (DC Shoes brand) and found that they keep my feet stabilized better than the athletic shoes I own. Good luck finding a solution!
  • rachristi
    Options

rachristi: I've found that I can't do the side steps in my athletic shoes, my feet move around too much and it causes pain. Have you tried any other shoes? I've started wearing shoes similar to keds (DC Shoes brand) and found that they keep my feet stabilized better than the athletic shoes I own. Good luck finding a solution!

I'm going to talk to my foot guy about this. My feet slide all over the place when I do those side steps, and part of the problem is that my orthotics are slippery. I'm going to ask if there's something I can do about it. Maybe I need some non-skid socks or something. I wear a specific kind of New Balance shoes because they're more stable and help me walk correctly, but I'm going to see about some cross-training or different shoes for exercise.

My feet feel a lot better this morning than they did the day after I did the side steps, so hopefully that was the problem.
  • greatwood1
    Options
    My first time to use the LS 3 mile Walk Your Belly Flat. I loved it, but my tongue is hanging out! :)
    Question: I entered the walk as a 4 mph brisk walk for 45 minutes, thinking that taking the warm up and cool down into consideration may balance the extra calorie burn from all the upper body exercise, kicks, etc. Is there anywhere the calorie counts for her videos is shown?

Miles walked today: 3

Miles walked so far in September: 28.5

Miles to goal: 16.5
  • canonge2
    Options
    Miles Today: 5
    Miles so far: 50