Leslie Sansone September 2012 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I checked again- Goal:1200 calories Eaten:1516 Burned:179(not counting strength training; I'm not sure why it doesn't count)
    Net: 1337

What does net mean?
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Miles Today = 3
    Sept Total = 52
    Sept Goal = 50
  • ClarkeEJ
    Options
    Miles Today = 3+2
    Sept Total = 54
    Sept Goal = 50
  • ClarkeEJ
    Options
    Miles Today = 3+2+1
    Sept Total = 55
    Sept Goal = 50
  • robinskite
    Options
    This week I walked 7.5 miles.
    Total for Sept. 19.5.
    Goal - 30

Best part is that I'm averaging losing 1lb. a week, Yeah!!!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    September goal; 30

Miles so far: 15

Miles left: 15

If I do 3 miles for 5 of the 7 days left in this month, I can make my goal!!! I'm going to work really hard to get there!!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    This week I walked 7.5 miles.
    Total for Sept. 19.5.
    Goal - 30

Best part is that I'm averaging losing 1lb. a week, Yeah!!!!

That is a great amount to loose each week. You are walking awesome :drinker:
  • graciaontarget
    graciaontarget Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Goal for September - 50 miles
    Left : 9 miles

Sep1 - 4 miles Sep11 - 4miles Sep19 - 1 mile
    Sep2 - 4 miles Sep13 - 2miles Sep23 - 3 miles
    Sep3 - 3 miles Sep14 - 2miles
    Sep5 - 4 miles Sep16 - 4miles
    Sep7 - 4 miles Sep17 - 2miles
    Sep9 - 2 miles Sep18 - 2miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I checked again- Goal:1200 calories Eaten:1516 Burned:179(not counting strength training; I'm not sure why it doesn't count)
    Net: 1337

What does net mean?

Welcome christchick7, I read somewhere that MFP doesn't count cals for strength just the reps, sets, weight kind of information. I haven't used that part yet. More information also can be found by searching around in the "Fitness and Exercise" Forum.

You also asked about "net". That subject is too much to try to figure out or explain in the Leslie Sansone walking group forum.

However, the subject comes up often in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum. Maybe explore in there when you can. Lots of information there.

If you click on "search" in community you would probably find a lot of help with both of your questions. Sorry I can't help much here.

Glad that you are here. Join in the challenge for the last week of the month if you want or just post your walks.
    If you want a mini challenge just make a reasonable number of miles that you think you might be able to walk this week. For me it is both fun and encouraging to be here.

Again welcome :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Lots of awesome walking being done here. Totally uplifting to read everyone's posts :heart: .

I worked in the garden on Friday, and had lots of family stuff on Saturday (grand kids and went to a BBQ) so I needed to get my legs moving today before they get used to not walking with Leslie and you guys :tongue: . And... I have my challenge miles to walk :wink: . So Saturday became my Rest Day by default and so I walked today:

Sunday:
    4 miles walked: from the Walk Slim Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles.... and they were big and fast, just as promised :laugh: .
    Goal for September: 70
    So far: 56

Lets do it y'all, We are already in our last week... hard to believe that :noway:

:flowerforyou:
  • ClarkeEJ
    Options
    Miles Today = 1
    Sept Total = 56
    Sept Goal = 50
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, we're almost there! I did the 2 mile walk away your hips and thighs this morning! Yesterday I cleaned the house for 4 hours because it's being shown this week and we're moving this weekend!

Miles Today: 2
    Miles Total: 32
    Sept. Goal: 30
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Texasgardnr,

It may be too early to ask this, but can you put me down for 50 miles in October?

Thank you very much!

God Bless,

Sue
  • nikalum
    Options
    I'm new to this group and to using my fitness pal. I created an account over a year ago but never got into really using it so I'm making myself get more involved this time around to lose weight and feel better about myself. I recently bought a Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd that goes up to 4 miles. I'm up to doing the 2 mile and have done the 3 mile a few times - haven't even attempted the 4 mile haha. I'm looking into getting the Ultimate 5 day challenge dvd - does anyone have any input on that dvd? I'm interested in joining the challenge for October and look forward to getting started!
  • ClarkeEJ
    Options
    Miles Today = 4
    Sept Total = 60
    Sept Goal = 50
  • graciaontarget
    graciaontarget Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Goal for September - 50 miles
    Left : 5 miles

Sep1 - 4 miles Sep11 - 4miles Sep19 - 1 mile
    Sep2 - 4 miles Sep13 - 2miles Sep23 - 3 miles
    Sep3 - 3 miles Sep14 - 2miles Sep24 - 4 miles
    Sep5 - 4 miles Sep16 - 4miles
    Sep7 - 4 miles Sep17 - 2miles
    Sep9 - 2 miles Sep18 - 2miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Texasgardnr,

It may be too early to ask this, but can you put me down for 50 miles in October?

Thank you very much!

God Bless,

Sue

Hi Sue, yes, it is kinda early to put you down b/c actually how it is done is that our princessf1 is so awesome to start us on the new month's challenge thread. Then everyone just comes in whenever they can and posts their goal, and it goes on from there. Check out the first page of September's challenge to get an idea how it is done.

Totally cool that you are already making plans for October :smile: . We look forward to walking with you!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I'm new to this group and to using my fitness pal. I created an account over a year ago but never got into really using it so I'm making myself get more involved this time around to lose weight and feel better about myself. I recently bought a Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd that goes up to 4 miles. I'm up to doing the 2 mile and have done the 3 mile a few times - haven't even attempted the 4 mile haha. I'm looking into getting the Ultimate 5 day challenge dvd - does anyone have any input on that dvd? I'm interested in joining the challenge for October and look forward to getting started!

Welcome nikalum, I am happy that you are joining this forum as a way to be more involved!! It sounds like you might be using the Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection. It sounds like you are fairly new to LS walking DVDs from what you wrote. So based on that I would not recommend the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan. It is advertized as an intermediate/ advanced workout and it very much is so. I checked it out from my library as soon as it became available to use, and it was as advertized-- quite advanced in some parts and intermediate the rest. I am planning to take it out again in a week or two after I give back the 5 Miles Walk it Off and Tone it Up DVD which is a big sweaty workout and it is listed as intermediate.

I would suggest that you consider going to Amazon dot com and collagevideo dot com to explore other LS DVDs before you buy. I buy most of my LS DVDs from both websites. (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either :tongue: ). On the collagevideo site there are clips from the videos as well as a Certified instructor's description along with the customer reviews. Amazon has only customer reviews as it is a general merchandise site while collagevideo is only exercise DVDs (and a few other exercise products).

Oh, by the way the 4 Mile Super Challenge in the Ultimate Collection is an awesome walk when you build up your endurance and strength to tackle it. Don't rush it, but listen to your body for when you are ready. The Ultimate collection is still one of my fav :heart: DVDs. And the first one I bought also :smile: .

I hope this helps you.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wow graciaontarge, you are so close and ClarkeEJ is walking beyond the goal. That is all I can see when I scroll down but I know the miles are piling up for everyone :drinker: . Way to go Y'all :love: .

Monday:
    5 miles walked: from the Walk Your Way Thin: Walk it Off & Tone It up DVD. I'll tell you I was soooo excited when Leslie finally announced the cool walk. During that 5th mile I thought the cool down would never come and there would only be knee lifts forever :laugh: .

Goal for September: 70
    So far: 61

Nighty night :flowerforyou:
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Miles Friday: 5
    Miles Saturday: 4
    Miles Monday: 4
    Miles so far: 89
    Sept goal: 100