September 2012

Diane: 17
    The Binge: 4
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    S, Sep 22, 2012

beatrixia: 16
    The Binge: 6 (Sep 4, 10, 12, 16, 17, 20)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 15
    The Binge - 7 ashamed0005.gif (1, 10, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22)

My days were off, but I know I am very careful to track binge days so now I am caught up!!

I just went back and logged every morsel of my binge yesterday. It was not pretty but I thought I had went over 5000 calories and I had not. I had said last night I can't log all of this. So I posted here and saw my own words to LOG IT ALL and it is something liberating about logging it all. I can't explain it but I see the bad and ugly but I can see many positives compared to past experiences and see yes it was aweful but surely not as bad as I thought last night. All is good, getting back on stick today and like I have seen many others post I am shooting for the rest of the week being binge free. I also did analyze the why of yesterdays binge too. I am glad I made my goal this time an action(s) because this is so much better than a numeric goal for me. It helps me to be more mindful of the behaviors and not trying for perfection or to hit a certian number.

BTW AND THIS MAY BE TMI, but I am sharing it anyways because many of you may relate. In order to log my calories as correctly as possible I went in garbage to retrieve junk food wrappers this morning. :tongue:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Smooches everyone and have a wonderful Sunday!:heart:2uge4p4.gif

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    :heart: Daily reminders:heart:
    Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines
    1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full).
    6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 18

Happy Sunday to you too Mollie!!! That little dancing cat is adorable btw :) Thank you for your detailed post.

It really is helpful to me too to log it all. This was something I feared for a long time - it seemed to give me too much anxiety to go back and face what I had done again and there was no way I'd leave my diary open for others to see. So I just wouldn't log anything and sometimes it would even take me a while to get back to logging if I wasn't proud of my diaries. Since May I've been logging it all, the good, bad and ugly and it has been helping me tremendously. On the days that I just can't seem to find the willpower to go and do that - I remind myself that it isn't going to hurt me and that it will help me in the long run. Awareness has been a huge key to my success. As silly as this may sound, I often will pretend I am a research scientist and I'm merely documenting my subject's behavior. Maybe this will help you too. Thinking of it in a scientific nature also allows me to take away the emotion I would have normally associated with it. A binge isn't something I can undo so why bother dwelling - but it is something I can learn from so that I am better prepared in the future.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 23, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 19
    The Binge - 4(2,3, 21,22)

Mollie, I do better when I track but sometimes I rebel about tracking. I try to get my binges. they might not be accurate because I don't do it at the time but I get the idea and there is no pretending that it is a normal amount of food.
  • anorangie
    Options
    Smooches everyone and have a wonderful Sunday!:heart:2uge4p4.gif

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    :heart: Daily reminders:heart:
    Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines
    1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)
    2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
    3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.
    4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)
    5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full).
    6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
    7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.

These daily reminders are great. Thanks for posting them.
  • anorangie
    Options
    U, Sep 23, 2012

beatrixia: 17
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 16

I like the science project example Diane. We are doing research so I will keep that in mind for sure. If we analyze binges and learn from them it is like we are doing research on ourselves and learning from ourselves. They are very educational if we examine them carefully and once the research is done, move forward to the next project. I love it! Thanks!! Today was a much better day too!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 19
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of Sept. 24,

Me: 20
    Binge: 3

I, too, notice that logging my binges have helped. I used to refuse to log my binges because I didn't want to see the damage I'd done. Ever since I've started logging everything, my binges have not been as bad as they used to.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of September 23, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 15
    Binge: 8 (9/3; 9/4; 9/7; 9/9; 9/11; 9/12; 9/18; 9/21)

I need to log better on the weekends. I know I didn't binge, but I didn't track my food.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of September 24, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 20
  • thinjustfabulous
    thinjustfabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As of Sept. 25,

Binge: 5
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of September 24, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 15
    Binge: 9 (9/3; 9/4; 9/7; 9/9; 9/11; 9/12; 9/18; 9/21; 9/24)

Mini-binge last night. Got into a tiff with the fiance over the phone, hung up and raided the cupboards. I didn't get very far before he came home. He started asking about what I ate, how many calories I was over my daily goal, etc (there were wrappers on the counter). Made me feel ashamed of myself for giving in like that. He wasn't guilt-tripping, just the fact that he was asking about it made me aware of how dumb it was to do.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 20
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of Sept. 24,

Binge: 3

I, too, notice that logging my binges have helped. I used to refuse to log my binges because I didn't want to see the damage I'd done. Ever since I've started logging everything, my binges have not been as bad as they used to.
    Or they may have not been as bad as you thought they were. I think we all tend to over dramatize our binges some or a lot. Like I was for sure mines over the weekend was worse than it really was. The minds can be terriable to us and we can be terriable to ourselves.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 17
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of September 25, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 21
  • anorangie
    Options
    T, Sep 25, 2012

beatrixia: 19