September Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal = the entire month with no binges!!!!

MamaDee - 25
    Binge - 0

Almost there! Just a few more days. Started Whole30 on the 4th of Sept and it has really helped!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 21
    The Binge: 4

I am so proud of myself for sticking to my goal of logging all of my food. I ate a lot of junk yesterday, but was very aware of it.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of September 25, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 15
    Binge: 10 (9/3; 9/4; 9/7; 9/9; 9/11; 9/12; 9/18; 9/21; 9/24; 9/25)

Binged for no reason last night. I wasn't upset, wasn't bored, I just wanted to eat for some reason. And eat and eat. I don't know how long it's going to take to click that this is the major reason why I don't lose weight. I'm frustrated with myself. I wish there was something to shut off the part of my brain that takes emotional comfort from eating a ****-ton of food.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 17
    The Binge - 8 ashamed0005.gif (1, 10, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22,25)

It was a mild binge but still a binge of grazing on and on after I had a good dinner.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 25, 2012--goal to binge no more than 7 days

Me: 15
    Binge: 10 (9/3; 9/4; 9/7; 9/9; 9/11; 9/12; 9/18; 9/21; 9/24; 9/25)

Binged for no reason last night. I wasn't upset, wasn't bored, I just wanted to eat for some reason. And eat and eat. I don't know how long it's going to take to click that this is the major reason why I don't lose weight. I'm frustrated with myself. I wish there was something to shut off the part of my brain that takes emotional comfort from eating a ****-ton of food.
    Don't fool yourself into no reason as a reason to binge. Whenever we eat when we are not really hungry or maybe it is something we want is one thing and then you can say I decided I wanted this or that but when we binge it is emotional eating of some sort. I use to say the same thing. I would say I don't know why I binged. I just felt like eating. This is a huge form of denial and I stayed in denial many years.

But trust me you are binging for a reason. If you can't find it on your own you may need to get help to help you dig deeper to find out why the need to binge. That is my 2 cents for today. Hang in there and keep on searching and posting. It will all be useful in the end. Today is a new day. :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 21

I am so proud of myself for sticking to my goal of logging all of my food. I ate a lot of junk yesterday, but was very aware of it.
    Good job Diane!! I am following you lead on logging it all!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 26, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 22
    The Binge - 4(2,3, 21,22)

Waiting in the ER because I caught my baby's finger in the door. I think she is ok but we brought her in because there was so much blood and her finger was super swollen.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 22
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of September 27, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 23
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 18
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    R, Sep 27, 2012

beatrixia: 19
    The Binge: 8 (Sep 4, 10, 12, 16, 17, 20, 26, 27)

Yesterday was (I think) my first super-binge since I joined MFP in May. I decided when I joined MFP that I would faithfully log everything so I could be honest with myself and see what I was doing. By the end of the day yesterday, I didn't want to log anymore, but I did go back today to finish logging as best I could.

As out of control as I felt yesterday, I can see that with at least a couple of my meals, I met my eating goals. :)

In comparison to yesterday, today was much better. I did have a one-meal binge, but not an all day one. Sooo...hopefully no binge tomorrow!

I've decided I'd like to read Geneen Roth's "guidelines for eating" that Mollie posted before each experience so that I can slow down and be more mindful.

After looking back at my thoughts this week and a few phone calls from my mom, I think this binge was triggered by worry and sadness about my mom's seemingly declining physical and mental health. :'(

I noticed earlier in the week that after one of her phone calls, I all of a sudden wanted to eat 6 snickers or a box of cupcakes. But I had been fine up until that point. (I staved off a binge that day, but I didn't really work through or process my emotions, so the triggers were still there.)

I'm hoping to cope better through the end of September--three more days. :)

Thank you to all of you staying with the challenge. :)

ps danifo0811, I hope your baby girl is feeling better now.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 22
    The Binge: 5
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    beatrixia - being able to ward off a binge after an emotional conversation w/ your mother is outstanding! i can so relate. my mom (only 53yrs old) had a stroke last Feb and she has been paralyzed on her left side ever since. i am her biggest emotional support and it is too much for me some days.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Thanks beatrixia. She broke her finger and needed some stitches. She doesn't seem bothered by it now. I have massive guilt over it because I was the one who closed the door on it and my husband is mad that I wasn't paying attention with the door. We are both coming to terms with it and it is getting easier since she is doing so well.

Being able to hold off a binge is a huge deal. In stressful times I always a little something to make me feel better. it always turns info a big something. Right now I am saying I can't have anything other than my planned meals because I have the control not to start but I don't have the control to stop.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 19
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 17
    Binge 11

I am back, I took a "break" and was trying to get it together and my binges went from mild to pretty intense and for a few days in a row and I felt alone and like such a failure. I realized I really NEED you all and tracking on MFP is helping more than hurting. Yesterday I had it and tried to make myself purge, which is rarely ever do. I knew that was my cry for help and needed to get back on an get back to tracking. Today was a really good day, so I will take it. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks beatrixia. She broke her finger and needed some stitches. She doesn't seem bothered by it now. I have massive guilt over it because I was the one who closed the door on it and my husband is mad that I wasn't paying attention with the door. We are both coming to terms with it and it is getting easier since she is doing so well.

Being able to hold off a binge is a huge deal. In stressful times I always a little something to make me feel better. it always turns info a big something. Right now I am saying I can't have anything other than my planned meals because I have the control not to start but I don't have the control to stop.

That is a great plan! Good for you, what an accomplishment!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 19
    The Binge - 9 ashamed0005.gif (1,10,16,17,18, 20,22,25,28)
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Elizabeth 17
    Binge 11

I am back, I took a "break" and was trying to get it together and my binges went from mild to pretty intense and for a few days in a row and I felt alone and like such a failure. I realized I really NEED you all and tracking on MFP is helping more than hurting. Yesterday I had it and tried to make myself purge, which is rarely ever do. I knew that was my cry for help and needed to get back on an get back to tracking. Today was a really good day, so I will take it. I hope you all have a great weekend!

This helps more than I thought it would. I've tried setting goals privately but was not as successful as here. Good luck getting back on track!
  • danifo0811
    Options
    As of September 28, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 24

I don't want to jinx myself but I think I'll meet my goal!