Mid September start Body revolution

Options

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I started phase 2 on monday, workout 5 and 6 are imo waaaaay harder then any of the previous. Good thing I did cardio 2 thats familiar today or I would feel like such a looser! Back at it with workout 5 tomorrow, hopefully its just a matter of technique that I need to get a hang of. Fingers crossed.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh great! I'll be at workout 5 on Monday. I'll have to mentally and physically prepare myself.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for the last couple of days. I'm trying to get over this sickness and felt the need to rest. I'll be back at my workouts this weekend and starting phase 2! I hear workouts 5 and 6 are way tougher than 3 and 4, so I cannot imagine what I'm in for! Lol But I'm so ready.

Glad to see everyone still moving and shaking! :)
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Workout 3 was a challenge!! I found the Crescents hard to do on my carpet... my feet were dragging pulling them up!!

But as hard as it is now I know it will only be getting harder... more incentive to push myself!!
  • medoria
    Options
    Wow!! Workout 3 was a challenge!! I found the Crescents hard to do on my carpet... my feet were dragging pulling them up!!

But as hard as it is now I know it will only be getting harder... more incentive to push myself!!

Re: cresents its a matter of technique, for me it was balance and making room for the leg between my arms but I got the hang of it so just hang in there!
  • healthy4heidi
    Options
    Finished my last Workout 3 for this first session of JM Body Revolution. I rocked it hard this morning. Did it all including all the advanced moves with heavy weights (8 pound, the heaviest ones I have) - except for the tree pose thing. JM makes me feel strong and powerful!
  • healthy4heidi
    Options

You will definitely notice that you will get better at it each time. I wish I had a good suggestion for how to make the carpet smoother/harder but I don't. At least the carpet is lower impact on your knees. Keep up the good work!!!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

Today was my second day of WO3 and I did better. With tree pose I feel like my big feet are pushing into my knee (which is aching :( but that's another story). But I upped my weights too... I didn't feel stiff after the first two weeks... and I feel it now, in a good way. I know we are ramping up for more in WO5&6 and beyond, so its time to push myself.

Silly scale creeped UP on me but that's okay. Unlike suicides, this isn't a sprint... I am in it for the long haul! So I will find peace with that freakin' scale!

Good work everyone, check you out! You are looking good!!!
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm sure that as I get stronger I will be able to do it!

So... workout 4 completed... The move where you go from standing to kneeling then back to standing... kills my knees. When I do NMTZ I would just do a double of the sumo squats... is there anything else I can replace this with? Today I did squats with the weights.

Any suggestions?
  • medoria
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm sure that as I get stronger I will be able to do it!

So... workout 4 completed... The move where you go from standing to kneeling then back to standing... kills my knees. When I do NMTZ I would just do a double of the sumo squats... is there anything else I can replace this with? Today I did squats with the weights.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried doing them with a mat under the knees? Thats what she suggests in NMTZ. If that doesent work I would do squats with shoulder raise just to hit both shoulders and thighs.
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So I have been touch and go with my work outs since September but this week has been very good Other than a tweaked wrist :( But I have completed 1 -Work Out 3 Two cardio days and 1 Work out 4 this week. I will tell you the back of my legs are so sore!!!! and my wrist is still pretty tweaked, (Wrestling my 18 month old) I have been trying to adjust for any plank exercises to make sure that I can keep going. I have started to get my diet back under control adjusted my calorie intake to try and make it more manageable until I get back in the swing of things. I before I got married on 8/4 kept under 1300 calories a day, and (ashamed of this) acording to my log lately been around 2000 calories a day :( UGH! But Here's to new beginnings!

Does anybody have some great Low Carb and Fat snacks that have a good protein count? So far I am noticing that less carbs and higher protein is keeping my hunger at bay (common sense right?) But in doing this my salt, cholesterol carbs and fat has been getting out of hand. I"m trying to keep my ratio at 40% carbs, 30% Protein 30% Fat. Any ideas? :happy:
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I started JMBR in August, but got derailed by a back injury in September, so I'm only a little bit ahead of you all.
  • Monica_SC
    Monica_SC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness -- i just finished my first Workout 4. Definately have to work on my balance - I am pretty wobbly with standing-on-one-leg-while-doing-deadlifts. And then the knee-down-stand-up routine is tough! i'll keep at it - I bet next week will be much better! :)
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    I'm BACK! :)

Started phase 2 today with workout 5. Umm, yes - it was tough! She does a lot of upper and lower body moves at the same time, so you're working your whole body in most of the moves. My triceps are killing me!

On to workout 6 tomorrow....
  • askthedust
    Options
    I'm a little ahead of some of you, but I hope you don't mind if I join this thread. I like discussing and reading about other's workouts!

So I did workout 7 for the first time yesterday and it was haaaaaaaaaaard, but maybe because I was expecting torture, I was quite surprised that I didn't do worse...haha.

Some thoughts: That first circuit! Goodness. I used to be able to do crow pushups on my toes when I was doing RI30, but after trying a few, I had to go down on my knees. Hopefully I'll be able to do at least one set on my toes again soon. Is it strange that I like the plank walks?! The plank ups are usually my favourite exercise but not in this circuit, after all that arm work! I could also REALLY feel my chest working in this circuit.

I feel like I don't know how to use the cable properly for the tricep kickbacks - I could feel it more in my shoulders than my arms. I might switch to dumbbells, if I continue to feel like that. I also have to cheat a bit in the squats with the cables because my arms hurt sooooo badly when I hold them in 90 degrees. Also I was shaking so hard in boat pose!!!! My ab muscles were REALLY feeling that!

I liked the star jumps! In the last set, I couldn't bring my legs up while doing the chest press/flyes, but I held one leg out instead, so I can slowly build up to two. Oh and I had to do the one-legged pushups on my knees. I couldn't press down at all on my toes! Haha.
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    Week 3 day 4 (w/o 3)... slight improvement from the first go round... still struggling with my feet dragging on the crescents.

Still no big drops on the scale and only down slightly on measurements... but I feel good and can do more then I could before. I know that should be enough but I have 40lbs to lose.... I feel like it is going to take forever...
  • askthedust
    Options
    My God, workout 8! What WAS that even? I was expecting it to be easier, but I was SO wrong! I couldn't do the lat pulls with my 8 lb weights, so I only used my 5s. It was still hard for me, though.

My knees don't allow me to do lunges, so I substituted with surrenders or stork rows with heavy weights. I also found the pelvic thrusts with cables to be really hard. I find that all the cable moves are too hard on my arms/shoulders! Especially because I am still sore from doing workout 7 yesterday.

Circuit 3! Lord! That was REALLY hard, but I was glad to see the cast struggling too so I knew I wasn't alone when I rested my shoulders for a few seconds. That was truly difficult. Once again, couldn't do the crossover lunges but I did the Statue of Liberty move from either Workout 5 or 6. The bicycles with the torture tubes were hard for me at first, but once I got my proper form, I did a decent job.

I AM EXHAUSTED! But I am proud of myself for completing the workout (despite the substitutions) and coming this far.
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    You're scaring me!! lol!!! I'm expecting it to get hard... and I know now it will be lol!!! I shall enjoy workout 3 & 4 while they last!!
  • medoria
    Options
    Week 3 day 4 (w/o 3)... slight improvement from the first go round... still struggling with my feet dragging on the crescents.

Still no big drops on the scale and only down slightly on measurements... but I feel good and can do more then I could before. I know that should be enough but I have 40lbs to lose.... I feel like it is going to take forever...

Have patience! Its not only about weightloss, its about a lifestyle change! Give yourself a year, maybe two and dear to dream about how you will look and FEEL when you reach your goal! One lbs at a time!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Good morning! Today I did workout 6 for the first time. I really like workouts 5 and 6! They're definitely more challenging and it makes me realize how much stronger I'm getting with this program. Tomorrow is cardio day and I'll be doing cardio 2 for the first time. Eeek! Lol