May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I've returned to Australia and survived the 22 hour travel day. I did get the flu shot while I was in the US, as traveling on those long haul flights I feel trapped with germs.

I thought the ms was behind me and eased up on the Zofran...... BIG mistake, I got very sick. It's so depressing, I want to feel better :sad:

I'm also bummed that we'll miss Thanksgiving....... Might be headed to Aussies KFC just so I can have mashed potatoes and gravy.

Anyways, have a good week ladies!

Glad you got back to Australia safely, but I'm sorry you couldn't stay stateside for Thanksgiving. Do you have Boston Market there? To me, that would be the best substitute, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were none in Australia, since the entire state of South Carolina is somehow devoid of Boston Market. Seriously, it's been years since I've it (since I lived in Michigan), and I'd give a lot to have it again!

I'm sorry that you are having morning sickness still, too. I imagine that you won't want to create your own Thanksgiving meal if you're not feeling well, because that was going to be my next suggestion.
  • GetFitKris6709
    GetFitKris6709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just found this group and am excited! I am 13 weeks along, and due May 27th 2013! I have another little one who is 3 years old but will be a few weeks away from 4 when #2 gets here!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hi all! I just found this group and am excited! I am 13 weeks along, and due May 27th 2013! I have another little one who is 3 years old but will be a few weeks away from 4 when #2 gets here!

Hi! Welcome, and congratulations! How are you feeling?
  • michellejanuary3
    michellejanuary3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just found this group and happy I did. We're due May 3rd but my last 2 were 2 weeks early so we'll see if this one follows her brothers :) I would LOVE to have any/all of you as MFP pals! Please add me :) I have gained more than I had wanted to so far so I have made a decision to start logging every day so I can keep my food in check. I was doing Insanity before finding out and I felt I was in the best shape of my life but then 1st tri kicked in and my goodness... carb galore! It was the only thing that eased the constant nausea. Anyway, I'm feeling a million times better so I really hope to slow this down. Hope you all are doing well & I look forward to getting to know you :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Classic typo for me on the coupon ladies:

The $20 off coupon is: 132001390056 and it expires12/31/12

That's Rudybeach for letting me know it didn't work before - hopefully it does now!

Thanks!!
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    But yes, I told my husband about "pie night," and he was excited about that idea. Maybe we should do that on Black Friday instead of trying to pull together a mini Thanksgiving dinner? I would be the weirdo who'd bring key lime pie, but I freaking love that stuff!

We are driving about an hour and 45 minutes away to see my in-laws for Thanksgiving, no big deal. The good news is, it's close enough to drive to/from without having to stay over, and it's far enough that no one will want to tag along back to our house :tongue: Plus we have the dogs to get back to and a little boy to put to bed, so we are forced to leave at a reasonable hour.

I love the idea of 'pie night' on Black Friday - great idea! And nothing wrong with your Key Lime pie -- own that! :wink: I am attempting to cook Thanksgiving ... we'll see how that goes. I just want to get through cooking without vomiting. I don't feel like that's asking too much. Anyways, I didn't want to deal with making a pie on top of everything else, so instead I'm making Apple Pie Sundaes. Basically, the pie filler served hot onto of vanilla ice cream. Less crust = more ice cream? Okay by me.

Happy Monday - it's a short week!

How's everyone feeling?
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options

My due date is the 28th - welcome!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    I've returned to Australia and survived the 22 hour travel day. I did get the flu shot while I was in the US, as traveling on those long haul flights I feel trapped with germs.

I thought the ms was behind me and eased up on the Zofran...... BIG mistake, I got very sick. It's so depressing, I want to feel better :sad:

I'm also bummed that we'll miss Thanksgiving....... Might be headed to Aussies KFC just so I can have mashed potatoes and gravy.

Anyways, have a good week ladies!

Glad you got back to Australia safely, but I'm sorry you couldn't stay stateside for Thanksgiving. Do you have Boston Market there? To me, that would be the best substitute, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were none in Australia, since the entire state of South Carolina is somehow devoid of Boston Market. Seriously, it's been years since I've it (since I lived in Michigan), and I'd give a lot to have it again!

I'm sorry that you are having morning sickness still, too. I imagine that you won't want to create your own Thanksgiving meal if you're not feeling well, because that was going to be my next suggestion.

I haven't seen a Boston's Market, in fact they disappeared from Oregon a long time ago too! Haven't thought of that in a long time. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just found this group and happy I did. We're due May 3rd but my last 2 were 2 weeks early so we'll see if this one follows her brothers :) I would LOVE to have any/all of you as MFP pals! Please add me :) I have gained more than I had wanted to so far so I have made a decision to start logging every day so I can keep my food in check. I was doing Insanity before finding out and I felt I was in the best shape of my life but then 1st tri kicked in and my goodness... carb galore! It was the only thing that eased the constant nausea. Anyway, I'm feeling a million times better so I really hope to slow this down. Hope you all are doing well & I look forward to getting to know you :)

You and I are basically in the same boat! I was in rockin' shape when I got pregnant, and then I had to keep eating (and tons of carbs at that) to avoid morning sickness! I've gained about 10 lbs and I am a little over 13 weeks (due at the end of May, though I'm hoping this one comes a couple of weeks early like my son and will be around my birthday). I have had total craziness going these past couple of weeks, though, so I haven't been planning my food like I usually do. I intend to start logging again after Thanksgiving when I will have more control over food availability :wink:

Welcome, congratulations, and I will add you! (Just please keep in mind that I'm not open about being pregnant yet on MFP because I know some people in real life and have not spilled the beans in real life yet except to family.)
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How was everyones weekend? Mine was good, just looking forward to Thursday! We are doing a large breakfast with my inlaws and then going to my moms for dinner. I cannot wait for it! I love Thanksgiving :) then its time for Christmas eve and Christmas dinner, its tough thoughbc I grew up with Polish tradition and I love it so I always want to go to my moms for every holiday, but I know I need to go to my inlaws too, I just hate choosing since they make completely different stuff! Its all delicious though :). I think I have finally reached the honeymoon phase bc I havent been nauseous at all and I feel my energy is restored. I am so excited! How is everyone else doing in the second trimester? :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Hi and welcome! I'm with you on the exercise and the first tri nausea weight gain --I have never felt so badly nor eaten so indiscriminately in my life! Thank goodness that phase is (mostly) over. I'm still afraid to log, though. I kind of just don't want to feel guilty about eating something if it makes me feel even just a wee bit better.
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Just thought I'd update with the latest events in my preggo life. Today I went to my school (I work at a university) with the intention of finally letting some of my colleagues know about the pregnancy. I was a little nervous about it, so I talked strategy with a colleague from my Dept. who has a small child and with another colleague in a different department. They were both really positive and encouraging about the support they have received as new mothers, so I went into the meeting with my Dept. Chair a little calmer. She seemed strangely surprised at first, but she quickly became reassuring once she saw how concerned I was about not wanting to overburden other colleagues who will be picking up the slack in my absence. So I came out of the meeting pretty comfortable with the situation at work: I'll have the summer and one semester off with the baby, and a two-day campus schedule for the spring to teach courses that I've taught before. And I get an extra year on the tenure clock. That seems very, very manageable.

I know I have the feminists and women who have come before me to thank for this situation, and I am feeling very grateful for the efforts they have undertaken to advance workplace equality. There is still a long way to go, but I am so happy that I will have at least this much time to spend with my new baby before adding major work obligations into the mix.
  • TheLaser
    Options
    How was everyones weekend? Mine was good, just looking forward to Thursday! We are doing a large breakfast with my inlaws and then going to my moms for dinner. I cannot wait for it! I love Thanksgiving :) then its time for Christmas eve and Christmas dinner, its tough thoughbc I grew up with Polish tradition and I love it so I always want to go to my moms for every holiday, but I know I need to go to my inlaws too, I just hate choosing since they make completely different stuff! Its all delicious though :). I think I have finally reached the honeymoon phase bc I havent been nauseous at all and I feel my energy is restored. I am so excited! How is everyone else doing in the second trimester? :)

LOVE Polish food! I'm originally from Wisconsin, so there's lot of good stuff to be had there. Lucky you! Congrats on feeling better!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Just thought I'd update with the latest events in my preggo life. Today I went to my school (I work at a university) with the intention of finally letting some of my colleagues know about the pregnancy. I was a little nervous about it, so I talked strategy with a colleague from my Dept. who has a small child and with another colleague in a different department. They were both really positive and encouraging about the support they have received as new mothers, so I went into the meeting with my Dept. Chair a little calmer. She seemed strangely surprised at first, but she quickly became reassuring once she saw how concerned I was about not wanting to overburden other colleagues who will be picking up the slack in my absence. So I came out of the meeting pretty comfortable with the situation at work: I'll have the summer and one semester off with the baby, and a two-day campus schedule for the spring to teach courses that I've taught before. And I get an extra year on the tenure clock. That seems very, very manageable.

I know I have the feminists and women who have come before me to thank for this situation, and I am feeling very grateful for the efforts they have undertaken to advance workplace equality. There is still a long way to go, but I am so happy that I will have at least this much time to spend with my new baby before adding major work obligations into the mix.

Yay! I am so glad that you had a good meeting! I remember that meeting with my first, and I was SO stressed about it. It turns out everyone was super supportive. It sounds like you'll have a great thing going, too, without losing a year of tenure :happy:
  • RBXChas
    Options

LOVE Polish food! I'm originally from Wisconsin, so there's lot of good stuff to be had there. Lucky you! Congrats on feeling better!

Me, too! I'm half-Polish, so I had a lot of it growing up, and I went to law school in Michigan, so I learned about new things there, too (like paczkis on Fat Tuesday).

I'm still trying to teach my husband the proper pronunciation of kielbasa. (And no, that's not a pet name for anything :blushing: - I actually mean the food!)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday! Ours was full of great food and silly little kids playing games!

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and our little one was hiding from the doppler so we got a surprise ultrasound and found out the placenta is in front - not necessarily a bad thing, but it will make finding the heartbeat and feeling his/her kicks from the outside harder. We scheduled our gender determination ultrasound for New Year's Eve (our hospital won't budge on doing it at or after 20 weeks, but not before).

We were hoping my in-laws could be there for the big ultrasound - but my mother-in-law is going in for surgery toward the end of December and that doesn't look like an option anymore.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday! Ours was full of great food and silly little kids playing games!

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and our little one was hiding from the doppler so we got a surprise ultrasound and found out the placenta is in front - not necessarily a bad thing, but it will make finding the heartbeat and feeling his/her kicks from the outside harder. We scheduled our gender determination ultrasound for New Year's Eve (our hospital won't budge on doing it at or after 20 weeks, but not before).

We were hoping my in-laws could be there for the big ultrasound - but my mother-in-law is going in for surgery toward the end of December and that doesn't look like an option anymore.

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Ours was also generally nice :smile:

Sorry your MIL won't be able to make your ultrasound. My OB won't do it until after 20 weeks (or it may even be 21, I can't remember) because, as I recall, the kidneys are not yet developed enough to make sure all is well in that department. So they're probably delaying for good reason!

That's interesting about the placenta. I guess now you know what to expect, though! I hope you weren't too freaked out when they couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler. Admittedly I was on edge because it took a while to find at my last appointment (though it sounded good once they found it). I'd be flipping out if they had to do an u/s instead!

Anyone do any maternity or baby shopping?
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Stopping in again! Seriously, I'm so bad about getting on the computer! It's just so hard to find the opportunity to get on when I've got 3 little ones running around all day. I'll probably NEVER get on once this one arrives! :laugh:

We had a good Thanksgiving at my parents' house in Orlando. The kids were awesome on the 5 hour drive each way - yay! I gained about 3 pounds over the weekend, though, thanks to being in my mom's house! She always has muffins, brownies, etc laying around (plus there was the Thanksgiving food on top of the typical treats) and needless to say, I was not practicing self-control. Ugh!

I had an appointment this morning and I've gained 13 pounds (according to their scale) in 17 weeks. Not looking good! I really need to start walking each day to try to slow it down. My doctor didn't say anything about it, though.

I got to schedule my anatomy ultrasound today - Dec 17 is the big day! We're getting a friend to watch the kids so it can just be me and my hubby there (it's a 30 minute one and the room is TINY and the kids are way too active/impatient). I can't wait! I was glad to hear the heartbeat this morning. It took the doctor a couple minutes to find it, which kind of freaked me out, but it was a nice steady 146 bpm. Life is so busy for us, it's easy for me to kind of 'forget' I'm pregnant, especially since I haven't felt the baby move yet. So the heartbeat was a nice reassurance.

I hope you're all having a great start to the week!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Hi All,

We had a nice Thanksgiving at my SIL's home with all of my in-laws, and they sent us home with a ton of yummy leftovers. But generally over the weekend I was feeling kind of blah for no identifiable reason. The nausea is more or less gone, and a little heartburn has kicked in (esp at night), but I just feel sort of "ugh" all the time. I guess pregnancy doesn't really agree with me, unfortunately. A woman at my pre-natal yoga class said that once you start to feel the baby kicking and you actually look pregnant, you tend to perk up because it all seems more present and real. I'm so hoping that happens for me!

In other news: my husband & I are finally taking our honeymoon! Maybe we had Thanksgiving too much on our minds, because we're headed off to Turkey. Has anyone else been there? Any tips?

For some reason they agreed to do the full gender u/s for us just before we leave, when I'll be around 17.4 weeks. I think they got us in early because it's also accompanied by some genetic counseling & testing, which apparently has a specific window that closes during our trip.
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving :smile:

Laser- Turkey is my friends favorite place in the world and she's traveled all over the place. Enjoy!

Our family will make a turkey dinner for us when we return to the US for Christmas since we missed out.

Any prior mamas out there want to give me a list of must buys for being a first time mom? Should I start a different thread or is there one out there already? I'm getting a lot of stuff in the US because of costs, except for the crib, breast pump and monitor which we have to get in Australia..... Our pocket book is going to take a beating!

Rebecca, I've bought some clothes at Motherhood that I've shipped to the US so I have winter clothes to wear there. It's almost in the 90's here!

Off to my OB appt today, hoping for an Ultrasound today! Any chance of seeing the sex at 14 weeks? And has anyone had a 3D ultrasound? Can't decide if its creepy or cool haha