May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Okay - This is kind of embarassing but I need advice ladies...

You know that I've been feeling under the weather with the headaches, but this morning I blacked out. It was only momentarily, but it was scary none the less.

I was in the office restroom and stood up (I don't think I stood up too fast, but maybe?) and the next thing I remember I hit my shoulder and head on the door of the stall. It startled me awake and I grabbed onto the top of the door with my hands to stay vertical beccause my legs were not supporting my body. (Now, if it wasn't so scary the funny part would be I hadn't gotten my pants pulled up yet).

I couldn't have blacked out for more than a second or two - and it took me about 45 seconds for my legs to support my body (I couldn't feel anything - one of my shoes had fallen off when I fell and I didn't even notice).

My husband thinks I must have cut circulation off to my sciatic nerve? That would explain why I couldn't feel one of my legs - but not both? And why would I have blacked out?? Anyway- here's where I'm looking for advice. If this happened to you and you had been experiencing severe headaches for the last few weeks would you call your doctor? Could it be gestational diabetes?

Thanks in advance...

PS speshell4 - I'd avoid the shaper (especially if its not just spandex) but you know your body and baby will let you know if they need more room (you'll feel sqished or uncomfortable). If I were you I'd just grab a pair of maternity panty hose by Asset. They are $15-20 but they shape everything except the baby bump. I wear them under all my work skirts/dresses.

Don't be embarrassed! I would probably call your doctor to be sure. I have never blacked out, but I have an issue (pregnant or not) where, due to low blood pressure, I get dizzy and light-headed if I get up too quickly. It's especially bad if I'm, say, crouched on the floor (like if I were cleaning something up) and get up too fast. My vision actually closes in (like tunnel vision) and goes completely black (but I can hear just fine and am totally conscious of what's going on around me), then slowly fades back in. I can feel when it's starting after I get up and can get myself to a wall or piece of furniture to lean on/hang onto until it passes. I'm so used to it that I literally can put a hand on a wall and drum my fingers on it, waiting for my vision to return.

I don't know if that's anything like what you experienced (like I said, I am fully conscious/aware of my surroundings), but I thought I might bring that up since you mentioned that you may or may not have gotten up too quickly. Low blood pressure usually isn't an issue when we're pregnant (it usually goes up because we have 50% more blood running through our bodies), but perhaps it's a sign of a blood pressure issue. Admittedly my dizzy spells have gotten better as my pregnancy has progressed, but they still do happen from time to time - then again, last time I was at the doctor, my blood pressure was still fairly low.

My dad's a doctor and told me I need more electrolytes, but that was pre-pregnancy. It doesn't ever happen to me randomly, like when I'm driving, so it's not a major concern, but if I actually lost consciousness, I would want to see or at least talk to a doctor.

Anyway, in short, I'd call your OB and see what they say.
  • speshell4
    Options
    random question-
    I wil be 14 wks tom. I have gained about 3 lbs so far. My belly is not that big yet. i still wear non-maternity clothes and sleep on my belly.
    Could I still wear a non maternity shaper? I want to wear a dress to the christmas party tonight but I need the shaper or the dress looks a mess.
    Could I hurt the baby if I wear it?

Please don't judge me. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a new dress :)

Good for you on such a small gain! I wish I could say that I had gained so little, but I'm ok with it :smile:

Like mormonmomma, I would probably recommend maternity pantyhose instead of a shaper, but if you can wear the shaper and don't feel squished at all in it (in any position, seated, standing, leaning over), I would say fine. I don't think it's selfish or anything like that. I just think about how I feel (which sounds like I'm showing more than you are, but still), and putting pressure on that area in regular, albeit bigger, pants is uncomfortable. I would get the pantyhose as a backup, since you can always use them later.

thanks for the tips and just of the record, my gain has been so little becasue I still had a ton of weight on from my last baby. I got prego when my last was only 6 months old. If I track from my pre-pregnancy weight before #2 I am up 9lbs. If I track from before baby #1 I am up 14lbs. but from #3 pregnancy it is only 3:)
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, just joined the group! I'm due on May 31 so I'm 14+5 today. I just started tracking on MFP again yesterday because I felt like I was gaining weight too fast and I've been eating like crap, using pregnancy as an excuse, which I told myself I'd never do. I'm 5'11 and started at 151.4lbs, as of Sunday I was 160.0. I'm really aiming to keep my gain to 25-30lbs and I've got a long way to go so I need to keep it under control! My goal is to not exceed 180lbs. The 5lb tub of choco chip cookie dough I got at Costco hasn't been helping (cooked of course)...:blushing:

This is our first baby (3rd pregnancy) and I'm so excited to be this far along and forming a little bump for the first time ever! I've had practically no adverse symptoms so I've maintained my 4 days a week at the gym since the beginning, and I've been working on fitting more walks in so I'm doing a little bit of something every day. Healthier eating started on Monday.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! :flowerforyou:

Hi there! Welcome and congratulations!

I am due on May 26th, so I'm right there with you. I have gained 15 pounds (it was closer to 10 before Thanksgiving, ugh). This is my second, and I definitely can't wear any of my old clothes, and though I have a little bump it's not big enough to really warrant maternity clothes yet :frown: How are you handling clothes? Do you still fit into your old clothes? Have you moved to maternity clothes yet?

My sister and I had both lost a bunch of weight (she lost about 90 pounds, I lost 82) using MFP over a chunk of 2011 and early 2012, but since she was usually running a size behind me as we shrunk, I gave her a lot of the clothes I had shrunk out of. As such, I don't have a lot of bigger clothes and am wearing the same things over and over and over until I can wear maternity clothes. Last night she had me over to her house where we went through her closet, so I have more clothes now. I'm not sure if they will work yet since the bulk of my weight gain has been my belly, waist, and boobs, but we'll see! I'm just glad to have some more options.

That's awesome that you've been able to keep working out! Honestly I have had zero energy up until a couple of weeks ago, so I went from working out 4-6x/week to maybe once. This week I had started my December challenge, which was to work out 3x/week, and I have worked out once... I'd wanted to walk/jog at night, but my husband has had the flu, which means if our son wakes up, I have to be around since I don't want my husband getting our son sick.

And yes, that tub of cookie dough at Costco is HORRIBLE. We bought that once and never did it again. My husband loves raw cookie dough (so do I, but he can eat a bowl of it as a dessert), and we did actually make some cookies. However, most of it got eaten raw (not while I was pregnant). I don't think I could handle having that in my fridge and not being able to eat it raw!

OK not gonna lie, I sneak a spoonful of the cookie dough every so often (ok, daily. I know, I know). Its almost impossible not to! We have friends that are hosting an informal christmas party on Saturday so I'm thinking of just baking the rest of it so its out of the house! Or, putting it in the freezer so its not as accessible to dip in with a spoon like it is now. I've always avoided buying it and this time I just gave in! Never again. I also bought the 4lb bowl of mixed fresh fruit so that made me feel a little better :wink:

My bump doesnt reallt warrany maternity jeans yet, but I did get a pair at Old Navy, I love them! They have the demi band, so really just a normal pair of jeans w/ an elastic waist. Sooooo much more comfortable,which is worth it even though I don't have a legit bump yet. And I'm not hiking them up all the time like I was using the Bella Band with my regular jeans. I ordered their 2 pack of leggings online and I'm waiting for them to get here. I've still been wearing my regular shirts, but I did pick up some of the wife beaters with the rouched sides on clearance to wear to the gym.

I hope your hubby is feeling better soon so you can fit your workouts in the evening! I can't imagine I'd be able to keep up my workouts if we already had a LO, so I figure I need to take advantage while I can! :happy:
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay - This is kind of embarassing but I need advice ladies...

You know that I've been feeling under the weather with the headaches, but this morning I blacked out. It was only momentarily, but it was scary none the less.

I was in the office restroom and stood up (I don't think I stood up too fast, but maybe?) and the next thing I remember I hit my shoulder and head on the door of the stall. It startled me awake and I grabbed onto the top of the door with my hands to stay vertical beccause my legs were not supporting my body. (Now, if it wasn't so scary the funny part would be I hadn't gotten my pants pulled up yet).

I couldn't have blacked out for more than a second or two - and it took me about 45 seconds for my legs to support my body (I couldn't feel anything - one of my shoes had fallen off when I fell and I didn't even notice).

My husband thinks I must have cut circulation off to my sciatic nerve? That would explain why I couldn't feel one of my legs - but not both? And why would I have blacked out?? Anyway- here's where I'm looking for advice. If this happened to you and you had been experiencing severe headaches for the last few weeks would you call your doctor? Could it be gestational diabetes?

Thanks in advance...

PS speshell4 - I'd avoid the shaper (especially if its not just spandex) but you know your body and baby will let you know if they need more room (you'll feel sqished or uncomfortable). If I were you I'd just grab a pair of maternity panty hose by Asset. They are $15-20 but they shape everything except the baby bump. I wear them under all my work skirts/dresses.

I'd definitely call my doctor if I were you. As someone who works in the wellness field, my thoughts immediately went to either hypoglycemia and/or hypo/hypertension. I don't think it's sciatic pressure since it happened in both legs. Have you been having a lot of m/s? How often are you eating? Severe headaches can be associated with both blood sugar or blood pressure issues, both things you'd want to have checked out ASAP! Good luck lady, keep us posted! I hope you're feeling better soon :heart:
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I love our little birth month group!

I was planning on lunch today with some of our upper management, but by the time I got down to the office we were meeting in, the doctors office called me back, so I explained (most of) what happened to them and they had me call someone to drive me home and told me to use some sick time and make sure everything was okay (which was nice because my direct team is REALLY under a lot of stress right now and if it hadn't come from upper management I would not have been able to slip out for the afternoon). Anyway... My OB was out today so they left a message with my primary care doctor. When he called back he basically said to monitor any changes in my symptoms and if I black out again (I did momentarily lose consciousness) to go in and get my vitals checked. I'm going to call my OB again in the morning and just see if she wants me to come in for a quick check on blood pressure/blood sugars. I've still been feeling some baby movements so I'm pretty sure baby is good - but a momma still worries.

BananaCat83 - I had pretty bad morning sickness. For awhile I was throwing up about 2 or 3 times a day... now it seems to be down to once a week. I eat pretty often (I've put on about 10 pounds) so far and am almost 17 weeks,

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts ladies. I really do appreciate it :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Dear May 2013 friends,

These fora contain so many ups and downs, and now I am sad to be adding my own down. It's not the worst that could happen (losing the baby), but it is definitely up there with the Scariest. On the day were we supposed to leave for our honeymoon last week, I was having severe abdominal pains. I thought it was just a bad stomach bug. How could I have anything serious? Before this pregnancy knocked me out, I was the absolutely healthiest person I knew --by far. Just six short months ago I ran my lifetime personal best half marathon race --and I hadn't even been specially training for it!

Instead of being on a plane to Turkey, I found myself in surprise on the operating table for acute appendicitis! I still can't believe this happened to me. I woke up from the anaesthesia wishing I could go back to that dream world in which I wasn't experiencing this. During it all, I could only think about and worry about the baby. I didn't care about anything else except protecting the baby. I even initially refused further medication after the first round wore off because I didn't want to submit the baby to any more narcotics (umm, big mistake... but since the second round I have not taken anything else). Thankfully the baby is fine and the heartbeat remained the same just before and after the surgery.

I'd been having a difficult time dealing emotionally with the nausea and exhaustion and everything else that has come with this pregnancy, and this just feels like an additional blow. I was in for the gender scan just before everything went down, and for some reason knowing that--putting a name to this poor little body--has made it a little easier to deal with these new woes. I know I had to undergo the operation, but I am nonetheless wracked with guilt and worry about the damage it may have caused this little innocent life inside of me.

Thanks for reading. I guess I just need a little cheering up from my MFP friends.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Laser- what a horrible situation! I'm sorry you missed your vacation, but I'm glad you're ok! :flowerforyou:

My mother had emergency gallbladder removal surgery when she was pregnant with me, she wasn't even to the halfway mark yet. And I turned out fine.....even with all the anesthesia and drugs :tongue:

I hope you feel better soon!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Rubybeach: Thanks for the reassurance. It means a lot to know that things can and probably will turn out fine.
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    Laser I'm so sorry for your scary experience! I'm sure the doctors are taking every precaution with your little nugget. Praying for you and your little one!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Dear May 2013 friends,

These fora contain so many ups and downs, and now I am sad to be adding my own down. It's not the worst that could happen (losing the baby), but it is definitely up there with the Scariest. On the day were we supposed to leave for our honeymoon last week, I was having severe abdominal pains. I thought it was just a bad stomach bug. How could I have anything serious? Before this pregnancy knocked me out, I was the absolutely healthiest person I knew --by far. Just six short months ago I ran my lifetime personal best half marathon race --and I hadn't even been specially training for it!

Instead of being on a plane to Turkey, I found myself in surprise on the operating table for acute appendicitis! I still can't believe this happened to me. I woke up from the anaesthesia wishing I could go back to that dream world in which I wasn't experiencing this. During it all, I could only think about and worry about the baby. I didn't care about anything else except protecting the baby. I even initially refused further medication after the first round wore off because I didn't want to submit the baby to any more narcotics (umm, big mistake... but since the second round I have not taken anything else). Thankfully the baby is fine and the heartbeat remained the same just before and after the surgery.

I'd been having a difficult time dealing emotionally with the nausea and exhaustion and everything else that has come with this pregnancy, and this just feels like an additional blow. I was in for the gender scan just before everything went down, and for some reason knowing that--putting a name to this poor little body--has made it a little easier to deal with these new woes. I know I had to undergo the operation, but I am nonetheless wracked with guilt and worry about the damage it may have caused this little innocent life inside of me.

Thanks for reading. I guess I just need a little cheering up from my MFP friends.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! There is a lot they can do for emergency situations like that without hurting the baby. I'm glad you are on the mend and that the baby is doing well in spite of everything. The honeymoon can wait for another time when you are healthy (I'm glad you were not in Turkey when that happened!). How are you feeling now?

On a separate note, I have to say that I love your use of the word "fora." That made me happy :smile:
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow I hadnt realized I hadnt been on here in so long! The days are going fast and slow and I am exhausted when I get off work. I am glad to see that everything turned out for your surgery thelaser and as PP said definitely glad you werent in Turkey or on the plane when this hit! Also at mormonmama, I had an issue of that when I got toward the end of my last pregnancy and I was borderline Preeclampsia, but was put on meds by a doctor who was not my regular ob, it was awful because it made my blood pressure too low, so as RBX said it could be the low blood pressure, which is rare during pregnancy as she said, but it is still possible. I hope they can find out so you can resolve it :). I have my next ultrasound the 19th so we better be able to see what these twins are, I cannot wait! Plus I have one the 20th so I figure between the two days there should be no issue of finding out what they bothare, tho I am still thinking both girls. I am so mellow and emotional...lol....when does everyone else find out?

From a while back snakcs I eat (which I do a lot of bc I am ALWAYS starving!!!)-clementines,granola bars,pretzels,carrots with or without ranch for dipping,salads, I just try and keep variety at all times. On a sideish note I am starting to try new recipes that will be good when I get further along and even when babies get here so if anyone has any great crockpot/make ahead meals that they know of I would love some ideas, especially on the breakfast front, we have a hard time getting up in the morning to make breakfast for ourselves so we will either buy something on the way to work or I tried this crockpot breakfast idea, but I am not a fan of it, going to try variations, but I didnt think it was very good.....though it could just be the pregnancy tastebuds.....anyone have any specific cravings? I didnt with my last one and dont have them with the twins either. My friend craved orange stuff, whish sounds odd, but her Dr said it was possible to crave a color......so I am just seeing what everyone else is craving :)
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Re; low blood pressure --mine was super low in the hospital and it's low naturally (runs in my mom's family). The ob's in the hospital AND my midwife all told me to drink tons of fluid. I don't have any blackouts unless I stand up very quickly from a bath (which I try to avoid!), but I am drinking all the time. As if I didn't already need to go to the bathroom too much already!

Re; crockpot. I went through a crockpot phase and stopped because everything always ended up tasting the same, but that's my own fault for always using the same base soup stock. My favorites were Carolina bbq pulled pork and lentil stew, and they are both super easy to make (there are recipes galore on the web for these, and they are both pretty low cal). For breakfast, you could try overnight steel cut oats -yummy, healthy, and easy.

We found out the gender: it's a boy! They say moms are 71% correct in predicting, and that's just what I predicted! But we had agreed on a girl's name just in case, too.

I'm feeling better and better after the appendectomy. Yesterday I heard a Christmas song with the line, "By this time next year, all your troubles will be miles away." And it's true -by this time next year, I'll be getting a baby boy ready for his first Christmas!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Popping in again to say - today I went for my first walk/jog since about 6 weeks pregnant! Since I'm now 19 weeks along, it's been a while :embarassed: It felt GREAT. The kids all went down for naps, and I put the monitors outside on my porch, and walked a .3 mile route on either side of my house (it's on a corner). I could keep the house in view and still got a 3.2 mile walk in! I'm definitely going to try and fit that in as often as possible, now that I've worked out the logistics.:smile:

I'd like to comment on everyone's previous posts but now the kids are all waking up from naps! Arg! Isn't that how it always works?! But I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well besides Mormonmomma's blackout (scary!) and TheLaser's surprise surgery. But yay for a boy! We get to find out our baby's gender this upcoming Monday - I can't wait!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yay TheLaser thats so exciting!!! I love having a little boy!! I would be fine if both twins were boys..lol they are just so much fun! It is definitely true it will all be different by this time next year! And Jess I know what you mean, I miss working out, the best time is in the morning for us, but its just really hard to get there because its a choice between 2 more hours of sleep or working out and I opt for sleep. If I didnt work until 7pm at night getting up at 5-6am to workout wouldnt be so bad, but I currently get up at 8 and dont get home until 8, so that is a long day if I get up any earlier and I am exhausted as is. I wish I could go in the evening but it just seems there is no good time with my current schedule and I miss it and have my doctors okay to work out, its a matter of fitting it in and not losing sleep =/
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Wow I hadnt realized I hadnt been on here in so long! The days are going fast and slow and I am exhausted when I get off work. I am glad to see that everything turned out for your surgery thelaser and as PP said definitely glad you werent in Turkey or on the plane when this hit! Also at mormonmama, I had an issue of that when I got toward the end of my last pregnancy and I was borderline Preeclampsia, but was put on meds by a doctor who was not my regular ob, it was awful because it made my blood pressure too low, so as RBX said it could be the low blood pressure, which is rare during pregnancy as she said, but it is still possible. I hope they can find out so you can resolve it :). I have my next ultrasound the 19th so we better be able to see what these twins are, I cannot wait! Plus I have one the 20th so I figure between the two days there should be no issue of finding out what they bothare, tho I am still thinking both girls. I am so mellow and emotional...lol....when does everyone else find out?

From a while back snakcs I eat (which I do a lot of bc I am ALWAYS starving!!!)-clementines,granola bars,pretzels,carrots with or without ranch for dipping,salads, I just try and keep variety at all times. On a sideish note I am starting to try new recipes that will be good when I get further along and even when babies get here so if anyone has any great crockpot/make ahead meals that they know of I would love some ideas, especially on the breakfast front, we have a hard time getting up in the morning to make breakfast for ourselves so we will either buy something on the way to work or I tried this crockpot breakfast idea, but I am not a fan of it, going to try variations, but I didnt think it was very good.....though it could just be the pregnancy tastebuds.....anyone have any specific cravings? I didnt with my last one and dont have them with the twins either. My friend craved orange stuff, whish sounds odd, but her Dr said it was possible to crave a color......so I am just seeing what everyone else is craving :)

We are not finding out the sex of our baby. My next appt is on Thursday, and after that (in about 4 weeks) we'll have the big ultrasound where we could find out if we wanted to. We like the surprise, though! We did that last time, too, and I liked not knowing. I am just guessing we are having another boy, but it's more based on track record in our families than a gut feeling. Last time I thought I was having a boy, too, based on track record, and I was right. I did have a dream at one point that I was having a boy, and I've already had a dream this time that I had another. So I'm guessing boy :) Which is toooootally fine with me!

As for recipes, I keep breakfast simple. Healthy cereal or if I have a little more time I make a fake Egg McMuffin. It's easy to do with light English muffins and low-fat cheese.

I haven't thought about meals post-baby, but I have a feeling I will be making some lasagnas and ziti and stuff to freeze ahead of time, then I can thaw and nuke!

I am craving weird things. Lots of fruits and veggies all of a sudden. I bought salad fixins (not croutons, but cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.) and salad mix this Sunday at the supermarket. I just want really yummy lettuce and FRESH food. No specific colors, just fresh.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Yesterday I heard a Christmas song with the line, "By this time next year, all your troubles will be miles away." And it's true -by this time next year, I'll be getting a baby boy ready for his first Christmas!

I have thought that - by next Christmas we will have another baby, and s/he will be about 7 months old - so not a little, little baby anymore! By that time with my son I had things well under control, and I was well on my way to getting my sexy back...
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Popping in again to say - today I went for my first walk/jog since about 6 weeks pregnant! Since I'm now 19 weeks along, it's been a while :embarassed: It felt GREAT. The kids all went down for naps, and I put the monitors outside on my porch, and walked a .3 mile route on either side of my house (it's on a corner). I could keep the house in view and still got a 3.2 mile walk in! I'm definitely going to try and fit that in as often as possible, now that I've worked out the logistics.:smile:

I'd like to comment on everyone's previous posts but now the kids are all waking up from naps! Arg! Isn't that how it always works?! But I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well besides Mormonmomma's blackout (scary!) and TheLaser's surprise surgery. But yay for a boy! We get to find out our baby's gender this upcoming Monday - I can't wait!

Don't you love that the kids seem to wake up right as you're about to get into something? Then if you are waiting for them to wake up so you can leave the house with them, they decide to take 3-hour naps. Always.

Glad you got out walking again! I walked on Sunday night (and jogged for a couple of minutes), but I paid for it. Today my vagina doesn't hurt anymore (hehe - it was just my groin area/hip flexors, but it's funnier to say I hurt my vagina), but my shins hurt. It doesn't help that I'm wearing backless shoes today, either. I plan on taking a light walk tonight, then maybe once more this week, then Saturday is back to Spinning!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Just wanted to check in - how is everyone doing?

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, no biggie, but I am freaking out about whether or not she'll say I've gained too much since my last appointment which was, of course, right before Thanksgiving. I think I gained about 5 lbs from that weekend alone and have not lost it - I've probably gained 2-3 more since. My scale this morning showed a nearly 10-lb difference, but I am consoling myself with a couple of facts:

1. My scale seems to weigh higher than my doctor's scale. Weird but true. The difference is at least 2 lbs.

2. I was still all sore from my crazy walk Sunday night, which can sometimes mean water retention.

I am making a point to not eat crap today (I am logging) and to drink lots of water. I've already had an 8-oz cup of tea and a 16-oz bottle of water (it's noon).

I know I can't do a lot to mitigate my gain, but I just don't feel like getting lectured, especially after my OB went on and on at my first appointment about how proud she was of me for losing so much weight and doing it with good eating and exercise. I *know* I probably gained too much this past month.

That said, I am wondering if I need to start cooking more. I really don't cook at all, and I rely on frozen meals for lunch.
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    I'm sure your appointment will go fine - you've proven that you can lose it once, and you'll lose it all after baby gets here :) I've gained around 15 pounds so far (and I'm 17.5 weeks). Thanksgiving really threw me for a loop too.

I'm feeling kind of "Blah" today. No major aches/pains. The headache is still around, but I'm getting used to it. My anxiety levels have been through the roof for the last week (ever since the fainting episode), but I feel pretty good other than that. Any one else dealing with anxiety? I did not have panic attacks or anything like this before this pregnancy.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I'm sure your appointment will go fine - you've proven that you can lose it once, and you'll lose it all after baby gets here :) I've gained around 15 pounds so far (and I'm 17.5 weeks). Thanksgiving really threw me for a loop too.

I'm feeling kind of "Blah" today. No major aches/pains. The headache is still around, but I'm getting used to it. My anxiety levels have been through the roof for the last week (ever since the fainting episode), but I feel pretty good other than that. Any one else dealing with anxiety? I did not have panic attacks or anything like this before this pregnancy.

I'm hoping that's the same attitude my OB has, that I might be gaining fast now, but (1) it could slow down, and (2) I know what I have to do to lose it (and have proven that I can) in the end.

Sorry you still have the headache :frown: Is your nausea gone?

I have anxiety issues to begin with (nothing that major), but I tend to panic over stuff like that. In other words, my anxiety levels would be a little high. Overall, though, oddly enough, in the past few weeks I have been very laid-back about this pregnancy, just sort of thinking that everything will be ok, and if it's not, there's nothing I can do at this point. I was not that way up until my last doctor's appointment, though!