X-mas Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of 6%. It's realistic but will still make everyone work hard. I think announcing a "winner" each week will help. Friendly competition is good. Great ideas Lisa!

Val
    Right so should we keep it 8% now but revise the goal after a few weeks and if the majority are struggling drop it to losing 6% by new years.

or drop it to 6% now??

I think id prefer to drop it to 6% now so that the goal is more attainable for everyone, but people can still push to lose more and we can have a biggest loser each week or something. really want this challenge to be motivating and rewarding.

what does everyone else think?

Lisa x
  • hippofabulous
    hippofabulous Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've added my info. Looking forward to a friendly competition!
    :happy:
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in - this is just what I need!
  • tawny75
    tawny75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in too, I have added my details :)
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The goal can be change, even for a single person.
    But, please don't make me set different goals for each one! Hahaha...!!!
    We can reduce it to 1lbs/week but this is not fair because as we know
    Everything has to do with starting weight. For a 200lbs person it will be 0.5% of their weight, but for a 100lbs member this is a 1% of weight. This is why we need a percent. And I think that a weekly goal at 0.65% of our weight is acceptable. Any suggestions is welcome! I can still change the spreadsheet.

I am 243lbs, so by "default" I should be losing faster. I just don't.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need pushing. This will push me. Plus I need the accountability.
  • cdparmer
    cdparmer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In! Thanks for doing this!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm on it!!! I joined another challenge group and I am ahead of my goal so now I have a new goal to shoot for. Thanks.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I didn't expect so many people to join the challenge! :smile:
    Wish to all of us a beautiful journey to loser-land!:laugh: :laugh:
  • fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I need something to keep me in the right direction.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know its great i didnt expect such a good turnout when i suggested it. Though maybe 10 at the most. We are at 21 at the mo. Goodluck each and everyone of you :-)
    xx
  • charm_quark
    Options
    22 members are in for the challenge...
    21 inspirational people for each one! I didn't see it coming! LOL...
    Good luck to everyone! Let's see who will be the weekly winner!!!!!:drinker:
  • charm_quark
    Options
    I think I must give some instructions for the spreadsheet.
    You just need to add your username at the bottom of the list, your starting weight (doesn't matter if it is on lbs or kg) and after that only log every week.
    I log once a day, and sort the list from A-Z.
    You don't need to add anything else on the other cells, in fact this will erase the functions that I've create.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Not long till our first weigh in!!!!

How is everyone doing?

I slipped up a bit (too much temptation in the house thanks to my partner) but am hopefull i will still reach my goal for this week, we shall see what the scale thinks....

Lisa x.
  • lucy2021
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like a great challenge!
  • charm_quark
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Not long till our first weigh in!!!!

How is everyone doing?

I slipped up a bit (too much temptation in the house thanks to my partner) but am hopefull i will still reach my goal for this week, we shall see what the scale thinks....

Lisa x.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Slipped too... because of HIM!:explode: I just told him "buy anything you want, except from "merenda" I can't keep my hands out of it... and he came back with... a jar full of "merenda":noway: :noway: :noway:

Anyway... I can't wait to see who will be the weekly winner, although I have someone in my mind!
    I'll log in on Tuesday morning, cause I'm out of house and scale on Monday's morning.

Today, a friend who I have sooooo many months (maybe years) to see came. She told me... you have put on some weight....
    I was this close to say... "NO way????? did you noticed it?" hahahahahahah...
    Yes ma'am... I did! I gave up smoking and gain... I lost them, and gain some of them back! So what? I'm still trying!!!! (In my own way!:laugh: :laugh: with "merenda")
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great so far, but when I plugged in today's weight to see if I had hit the weekly goal yet, it didn't look like I had...
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    #24 signed in and hoping to succeed !!
  • charm_quark
    Options
    I'm doing great so far, but when I plugged in today's weight to see if I had hit the weekly goal yet, it didn't look like I had...

see???? I think it will be easy just a step per week!