Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, Robin...what a nightmare!! The boy is definitely upset about something.

I think I might cave on the 0 for tonight. I'm in the mood for a little red wine with 600 cals left. Just hungry all day long. Ate lunch at 10:30 and dinner at 3:00. Time for a little happy hour with coconut shrimp. I'll use up my birthday gift card from there.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    damn Robin...tough night! This is why I got a kitten. The litterbox is a PITA but she hasn't missed once.

Back from lunch. I didn't have wine but I'm thinking I may have some later. Husband is working late and hates his damn job. It makes me drink.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks yvonne :smile: People seem to still be talking about the wedding which is always nice to hear.

Mama lush you just can't catch a break :ohwell: hope things look up soon :flowerforyou: My pups have accidents but never like that. As far as the cats, I won't get cats again. Our big boy still sprays and the little jerk pees in our tub or laundry basket and I can't have a tree skirt because she'll pee on those too :noway: :grumble: . I can't wait to get rid of our carpets because pet messes are much easier to clean on hard floors.

I don't know if I had a 24 hour stomach bug yesterday but I felt like I was going to be sick all day. Sweats, hot then cold and all of that fun stuff. I haven't thrown up in who knows how long so it was friggin' miserable. I didn't eat anything at all until the husband came home and made a yummy healthy stir fry and by then my stomach was feeling better. His stomach hasn't been feeling well since our mini moon but I think that was just the week of mexican food. Anywho I woke up feeling great today and got lots of house work done as well as a good shoulders and arms work out. It was the first one in a month so I went down 1 weight so I wouldn't get hurt and I'm sure I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I must say that I think with the combo of my metabolism being up from working out so hard before the wedding and with listening to myself and not eating to excess I haven't gained any weight since the wedding. I weighed in yesterday at 113.2 I think which actually is slightly lower than the wedding? Not sure. Husband and I are getting back to nice healthy meals and moving further away from processed stuff so last nights dinner with chicken with broccoli and pepper stir fry in sweet Thai chili sauce and my word it was good. Not sure if he'll be home for dinner tonight but it'll be something healthy and yummy again.

As for booze with all these projected 0's I think I'll balance things out and open some champagne :wink: :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Back from the woolly worm festival and my worm was a total failure! I couldn't even get it to adhere to the string for the race :angry: and I was really looking forward to winning that $1000.00 prize this year :cry: . For those who are not familiar with woolly worms they are the fuzzy black and brown caterpillars you see in colder climates this time of year.

The Renaissance Festival was a blast and wouldn't you know it...it was beer fest weekend there :bigsmile: I have to tell you that I could not keep up with daughter and her friend, but I think that is a good thing. I bought a little catapult shooter that shoots mini marshmallows and am trying to teach Callie to catch them in her mouth. She can do it when I toss them to her, but when I use the catapult she just stands there and gets pelted :laugh:

Robin - Dogs will sometimes do that if they have a urinary tract infection. I would get it checked out just in case...if not then he very well may have a screw missing. :wink:

Drinking so far...

Friday - 2 margaritas, 1 vodka soda
    Saturday - 4 vodka diets, 1 martini
    Sunday - 3 vodka diets, 3 mini beer samplers
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1 hard cider
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit under the weather this week one way and another, but determined to finish up the alcohol in the house before no-no november :wink: :drinker:

p.s. Pam, its nice to see you back, the lushes are infinitely superior
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-holy crap! My husband probably would have killed that puppy!!! We have issues with our cats spraying, its intermittent and we don't know which one it is but you'd think one of them killed someone the way my husband reacts, haha!!!. Kat, I'm with you no more kitties!!!
    I hope that it was a one time thing and you don't have to go through that again!!!

Monday-10oz of wine
    Tuesday-I made my husband take me out, so 2 glasses at the restaurant and one at home watching dexter. Not sure about tonight, yet!

I still have yet to make it to the gym. I can only do about 10mins of light cardio (as per instructed by PT) and it just hasn't seemed worth it to get up at 445am for that when I can do strength at home. BUT my puney 5lb weights are cutting it, so I think I'll go tomorrow so get back to the 10-12lbers!!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Oh, Mama, that sucks!

Wolf, sounds like a FUN time!

One red bull/vodka....I think it was a double, but that was it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Diana, glad you had fun with your wooly worm. Good job trying to keep up with the youngsters.

Pam, glad to see you back as well...we are rockstars here, no judging for sure...and, duh, on the post who explains the empty calories like we don't know that.

Yvonne, good luck on No-No-November.

Blue, I could never, ever get up at 445 to work out. WTG, heavy lifter.

Dot, double schmuble, it's still one.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 4 wines...then, it was water, water, water

Are the cats neutered who are spraying? Because, my cat's have nevered sprayed in the house. My friend's cat sprayed when there are too many males in the house. You know those men have to show dominence.
  • kblue2007
    Options

Are the cats neutered who are spraying? Because, my cat's have nevered sprayed in the house. My friend's cat sprayed when there are too many males in the house. You know those men have to show dominence.

Our cats are neutered. We adopted them together (they had to be adopted together because they came from the same house) from a rescue 5yrs ago and for some reason, in the last two yrs or so have started spraying. I'm not sure if its because neighborhood cats come and stare in our kitchen and dining room and taunt them or because we found a vole in our basement or because we brought in a wooden fence from the outside when it broke but..... We had them checked for crystals and even have them on special, EXPENSIVE, food!

Oh and I do hate getting up that early but I hate going to the gym at night even more :huh:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Welcome back Diana! Wooly worms sound kinda ooky. Im not much of a bug person, but the rest of your trip sounds awesome!

This is why my kitten is female. I've had a male before and was very lucky, he never sprayed, but I didn't want to take any chances. Males are much more prone to UTIs as well. The only issue I have with the kitten is the 2am wake ups and her trying to knead/suckle my neck lol.

Wine again last night, but lots of water and early to bed again. I'm boring
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Quick post while the boss is out.

Monday 0 (only because I was sick)
    Tues 6 beers, maybe 5

But lost 2 lbs this week. Calorie counting is good!

Thank you Yvonne, it's good to be back to this spectacular group! Hope you feel better.
    Robin, what a time with your dog. I was thinking water bed til I read further! Not fun, either one.
    Wolf, that is hilarious the worm race!!! Sounds like something my friends up in Illinois should do!!
    Hope you feel better Kat!
    And to all have a great hump day!!

Pam
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Wolf sounds like a good time!!

Yvonne hope you feel better and good luck on your upcoming no no November :smile:

Kblue that definitely doesn't seem worth getting up so early for haha

nisi, our big boy is fixed but he's sprayed his whole life and the vet has no idea why. The little one isn't fixed yet but we got her this new litter that's supposed to attract her and it seems to be working.

Congrats Pam!!! And thank you, my stomach is feeling much better :smile: I'm going to go get an hour on the bike done soon :bigsmile:

Got some more cleaning done today, going to vacuum right before the party so the carpets are nice. Also contacted the landscapers that take care of many of our neighbors lawns in our neighborhood and will hopefully be able to meet with them soon so they can come shape up our yard which I can't wait for because it's a mess, can't wait for it too look as nice as all of our neighbors :smile: even if you can't see it because we're set back.

Husband will be late tonight so I think I'll have some wine or spiked cider and relax with the fur babes :drinker:

Happy humpday :tongue:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Why do I pretend like I'm not going to drink anything for multiple days in a row? Setting myself 3 sup for failure.....

Sunday - 2 pints blue moon, 1/2 bottle red
    Monday - 3 small glasses of white
    Tuesday - 4 ounces of white....so that's almost ilke a 0. I shouldn't be dissapointed in myself over that little amount
    Tonight we have a family party and I plan on taking wine or beer. Oh well..... I have been drinking in moderation and that is really what my main goal is. So yay me!

And yay for all of you! Just because.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Why do I pretend like I'm not going to drink anything for multiple days in a row? Setting myself 3 sup for failure.....

haha..I hear ya. and YAY you for moderating. For me, that's a win. So I get it.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Kat - You have to check out this wedding cake topper...I thought of you for some reason... between Halloween theme, the dogs, the wedding and the beer cans. I love day of the dead stuff :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/claylindo/3079777955/in/photostream/
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat - You have to check out this wedding cake topper...I thought of you for some reason... between Halloween theme, the dogs, the wedding and the beer cans. I love day of the dead stuff :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/claylindo/3079777955/in/photostream/

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! That is the most amazing topper!!!!! Bride, groom, pups AND Coors cans!!! I might have to do something like that for our annual party next year =}
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    That topper is awesome!

3small glasses of Pinot grigot ...boring class and hellacious drive home in snow.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 4 wines...then, it was water, water, water
    Wednesday, 0

Thought about some cold Octoberfest beer when I got home but decided to save the cals for an important event like tomorrow.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-10oz
    Tuesday-2 glass out of wine out and one at home
    Wednesday-12oz of wine

I don't really have many calories left for the day, but I have PT tonight and I must be burning calories cause they make me sweat...we shall see!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Planning zero for tonight.
    Tomorrow we are going out to eat to a new restaurant, so probably some wine or a cocktail
    Saturday we have an Oktoberfest party, so plenty of beer and cocktails I am sure
    Sunday I always say zero and end up wanting some wine, so we will see