Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mama Lush :smile: actually still have power. It's gone out and flicked on and off a few times but right now we still have it thankfully. It's definitely getting more intense though, starting to pour and the wind just keeps picking up. Looks like Sandy should make landfall around 6 so it'll just be getting more intense outside. I'm hunkering down in style with beer and wine :drinker: It's bizarre, our Direct TV is working fine during this crazy weather yet most normal thunderstorms it goes out :huh: I won't complain though because I can keep track of Sandy. To any other lushes affected by the storm, stay safe!!!! :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It's 80 degrees here and sunny..but I think I better have some wine to honor those lushes dealing with Sandy.
    It's the least I could do.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been absent! had to catch up on the news, and, BTW, really pretty wedding pics, Kat! I love weddings. And then there's the pets! I have two cats, littermates, that are 11 years old, and one just cost me a lot of money and stress because she had a corneal abrasion, and she wouldn't leave the cone on and had to be medically boarded and she finally came home and was able to have the cone removed but still has to get drops, and you know how fun it is to give eye drops to a cat...
    Anyway, I have been drinking a lot lately and haven't weighed myself in ages. I meant to try to be good in October for the mermaid costume I wore for halloween parties, but I didn't have the self-control so I ended up being pretty self-conscious as a mermaid! the second night of dressing up I wrapped a net around myself but it didn't help much:blushing:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0

I'm going to shoot for another zero tonight. Aiming for zeros until Friday so that I can indulge at the wine club and pasta. I was cancelled from work today so that gives me some extra hours to play with today. Sweeeeeeeeeet for the day, but not so good for the paycheck.

Amy, I bet you rocked your mermaid costume without the net. You got some serious abs.

Kat, hope you and hubs and the kids are A-OK!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Which is impressive considering all the beer that is in our fridge. And a nice OPEN bottle of sauvignon blanc.

I hope everyone on the east cost is safe. Shooting for another 0 tonight.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*!! I had a big.fat.ZERO last night. That hasn't happened in a while. It "helps" that I'm fighting some sinus/chest crap.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It was a vodka night. I was so tired of not being able to hear anything all day I just wanted to fall asleep. Ears are still all stuffed up but I did sleep well.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Just one glass of wine...but lots of candy :ohwell:
    I will do better today.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sydney, I left my candy in the truck of my car to prevent that...although, yours would probably melt if you did that.

Mama, hope those sinuses clear up soon...yuck
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You're right Kim..they would melt!
    The thing is I don't even *like* candy all that much..and I still ate it.
    Stupid.:grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

^^^LOOK^^^
    ^^^3 zeros^^^

I have to remind myself that I am not 29 anymore. Trampoline jumping is tough and now I can hardly move. I am going to soak in a hot tub with salts and a good magazine. Tomorrow is barre yoga and I will get to stretch out.

Kat, did your survive Sandy? Hope all is well.

Good job Dot on the zero.
  • mallory71
    mallory71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Monday- 1 glass of wine
    Tuesday-0 so far but I see some wine in my future for tonight, I need to do some unwinding.

Thank you for the friendship adds, it's helping me to read everyone else's diary's
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow lushes!

Welcome newbies!

I am assuming Kat is without power, not like her to not check in. Hopefully all the lushes who were in Sandy's path are safe, warm and in the comfort of loved ones and fine libations.

Two glasses of wine tonight. Saw the movie Frankenweenie in 3D today. Loved it...it's about a dog, it's Tim Burton and a love story, what's not to love!

Tomorrow is Halloween already, giving out airheads candy, which we do every year, which is okay with me seeing it's not that tempting to me. The popcorn at the movie...quite a different story. Waiting for the bloat to begin...
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween fellow lushes! :drinker:

Have some spiced cider in the fridge from Trader Joes....trying to decide which would be the best alcohol to add to this...:bigsmile: for tonight, not now @ 6am...

Can't believe October is over....:noway:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

staying strong with the the zeros!

Happy Halloween Lushes!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I can not even count the amount of drinks I had monday during the storm but it was lots and it started early and ended real late.
    Nothing yesterday and tonight we are going out to dinner. My husband loves halloween but hates giving out candy, so our tradition is put the candy out and leave for a few hours. There will be beers tonight!
    Happy Halloween All!!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    2pumpkin shock tops last night.

The neighborhood tradition is to take all the kids out to TorT while the adults drink and walk...so I'm sure we'll keep that alive.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween Lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Back and happy to report safe and sound. Power came back around 4 this morning. Much quicker than last years Halloween snow storm. No damage but a few big limbs down and there was a tree and line down on one of our cross streets. Thanks for all the well wishes :heart: It got pretty scary sounding out there but last years snow storm we got was ten times worse, think we may invest in a generator but who knows. It wasn't very cold which was nice. Last year was so cold I was in full winter gear sitting in front of the fire and we were out for a week. Husband had to go into work yesterday but said he made it in fine. I spent the day listening to Sinatra on the iPad, having drinks and reading my stack of magazines in front of the fire :smile:

Today is not only my favorite holiday of all time but also marks 9 years with my now husband :heart: :smile: He will be stuck at work until midnight-ish so I'm spending the day having spiked cider, watching everything Halloween related, having some candy here and there although I'm not a huge sweets fan which would explain the huge amount of candy from last year that's in our pantry :huh: I'm more of a salty girl.

kblue I know you were supposed to get the rain portion so I hope you don't have any flooding!

I saw pictures of New York and CT's coast and it's devastating :frown:

Hope everyone else has been well and that you're all having a fantastically spooky Halloween :devil:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Kat, glad you are ok.

no-no November is looming so here I go with no alcohol and no sugary junk, the odd square of dark chocolate will be my indulgence though, life is too short to be perfect, that's no fun. I'm using this as an excuse to reward myself with an iPad and I just got an email to say it has been dispatched :-) great incentive to stick to the plan, otherwise I won't be able to keep it, plus it'll mean I get on the forums and actually stay in touch with you lovely lushes easier!

Right I'm off for my last drink for a month, got a chilled bottle of wine to dispose of ;-)