Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention the margarita I had in addition to my wine..................:blushing:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had an Oktoberfest and half a bottle of Tempranillo Grenache at the party (but no cake!). Then I had a small glass of pinot noir that I didn't finish because I fell asleep wathcing Survivor. I call that moderation. Anything less than 4 seems like moderation to me. Because 4 is my magic number where I go from relaxed/buzzed to drunk. And then it just snowballs from there.....

0 tonight. Or maybe a tiny glass of red when I get home from my night meeting. I usually find I want a drink after neighborhood meetings. I go and neighbors b*tch about my projects which are developments in their neighborhoods. So it stresses me out. That an working an 11 hour day.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 4 wines...then, it was water, water, water
    Wednesday, 2

I ended up drinking 2 beers last night...

I am off the next 3 days so we shall see what happens. I am kind of liking the moderation thing.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My stomach was killin' me last night so I drank nothing. Not sure what caused it but I am better now. :bigsmile:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Saw this article about different things to do to burn 100 calories, so I had to share.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1777

So Wed was 6, tonight will be 6 also of Natural Lights......sigh

Robin, maybe a bug???

Have a good night all. PS 1 more lb. gone

Pam
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have not been sleeping well at all and almost talked myself out of a work out today but got it done anyway. Then went out to lunch with the best friend and after that she helped rip up my dress for my costume which I think is going to be amazing when it comes together on Saturday. I'm pooped though and the husband is going to be late so I think I might just go up to bed and try and get some sleep :yawn:

Glad you're feeling better Mama Lush :smile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    12 delicious ounces of wine last night.
    Tonight....MANHATTANS!!!
    Tomorrow I have my sister in laws bridal shower and it just so happens to be at one of my favorite beer bars (one guess who swayed the group in that direction :wink: ). So beers, probably not too many since I have my nephews bday party afterwards, then I would REALLY like to come home and not stay over, so moderation is my plan!!!! OR make my husband drive :tongue:
    xo
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    2 shots of grape vodka...like, that's it. I chased it with diet coke. :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Finally FRIDAY!!!! YAY!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

You would think after all those zeros I would be dieing for a drink, but I am actually ok. We will see how this day goes, but I am sure I will have a little something tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had 3 yummy beers at the neighbor's last night ( in addition to some fantastic smoked wings and thighs so naturally that all needed beer) and about 8oz combined of wine before and after the visit. The meeting sucked. 60 angry neighbors and 3 news crews..... So drinks were in order. I am going to try to limit myself to 6 glasses or less of wine tonight. Good grief that sounds like a lot. But it's really not for a Friday. Happy Friday lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Kate, I vote for the husband to drive!
    Grape vodka and diet coke, eh? Hmmmm
    Chloe, you're rocking those 0s. Well done. Don't make us revoke your lush card :wink:

2 vodka/diet squirt with a splash of pom last night. Again stopped early and drank water. Hoping for a great workout today and wine tonight. Happy Friday lushes! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    So drinks were in order. I am going to try to limit myself to 6 glasses or less of wine tonight. Good grief that sounds like a lot. But it's really not for a Friday. Happy Friday lushes!

.........................I'm ok with that

Especially since I had about 8 beers last night. I am too afraid to look in the recycle bin for fear it could be higher. I have son's birthday party today and of course feel like ****. It's at a trampoline place :sad: I wish he would have picked a movie theatre.

I think I am beginning to understand how moderation is better

Kate, if it's your favorite place have the hubs drive.

Chole, nice job on the zeros!!
  • kblue2007
    Options

Kate, if it's your favorite place have the hubs drive.

Well in all fairness he did introduce me to the place AND he will be sitting around waiting for the shower to end....WAIT that means he gets to drink his face off at the bar...hmmm, maybe I'll drive to the 2nd party and make him drive home...sounds fair right?!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    See, compromise is what makes a good marriage
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Especially since I had about 8 beers last night. I am too afraid to look in the recycle bin for fear it could be higher. I have son's birthday party today and of course feel like ****. It's at a trampoline place :sad:
    I got nauseous just reading that. :sick: hangovers and trampolines just do not mix! Good luck, Kim!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Chloe, you're rocking those 0s. Well done. Don't make us revoke your lush card :wink:

Couldn't help but laugh at that :laugh:

Stayed up until the husband got home which was around 1am, he said he thought I'd be asleep and I mentioned how I haven't been sleeping much. He gave me some sleep stuff which didn't work and I slept on and off this morning and am still tired. Not sure if we'll go out to dinner but I'm thinking an early night so we can be rested for our Thanks-o-weenie party tomorrow night :smile:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oh don't you worry! Once I post my numbers for tomorrow you will take that statement back! Its going to be a huge lush fest at my Oktoberfest party tomorrow. Already planning on having some cocktails, then move on to wine I am sure and if I not dead by then I will have some beers also!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I had another 0 last night. I was still feeling hanky. Bought me some Sweet Tea vodka and I am good to go tonight. I stopped by the wine shop and picked up my case of wine that was waiting for me so life is good and it will be a lushy weekend.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Jumping was actually quite fun despite the initial motion sickness. I tried to play dodgeball & quickly learned that I am NOT good at it. I have to say that I was quite impressed that Ron and I were the only parents out there. We rock!

Enjoy the sweet tea vodka Robin

Chloe, now you have to make up for those zeros.

I am very, very tired my lushy friends...but, I will have couple before bed.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 1/2 bottle of wine
    Friday - the other 1/2

Chloe - great work on the zeros, doesn't matter if it doesn't last, you earned it. :drinker:

Kim - You guys do rock! You are never too old to play.:tongue:

Robin - Enjoy your tea vodka, I hear it has medicinal purposes at least temporarily. :wink:

Kat - Hope you get some good REM sleep tonight. :yawn:

Other lushes...have a good weekend!