Since this is a singles board!

Options

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I've had several crushes on this board and through MFP... and several guys appear to have crushed on me til they got to know my personality... I’ve got a great boyfriend but there’s still a guy here whose argument and writing just makes me swoon.

A couple things I experienced were that a) often times people here don't actually meet you in person. They carry one "MFP romances" that go nowhere, and once you make it possible for the romance to be “real” they poof… and b) people are rarely in person the same personality you fall in love with online (but some ARE as hot!!)

Ive been romancing my MFP love story for almost 5 months... seen each other twice already and will be a 3rd time a Christmas, not bad for 2 people that live 10,000kms away from each other...

Glad it's working for you... not sure why you felt the need to quote my post in order to tell us it's working for you. The fact that it's working for you does not negate the plethora of PMs I get from ladies (and two guys)who thought their MFP crush really liked her until she tried to meet him in person. I have way more MFP friends who leave and either never come back or create a whole new profile due to some MFP crush they thought really liked them but never had any intention of going the distance.

Still, glad yours is working out and hope it continues to do so. The original moderators of Single Peeps are still going strong too, so there’s definitely precedent. ;-)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I have a major crush on someone IRL that I should have gotten over a year ago. He is such an unbelievably awesome man, but he has major insecurity issues, and unfortunately, so do I. I'm starting to think I'm going to be single forever :sad:

You're a great catch and you just need to remind yourself of that! :flowerforyou:
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I haven't had IRL crush for couple years. And none here. Yet :wink:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

--P, I believe we would make great friends and enemies, lol.

We wouldn't be enemies. I like to argue, but face to face, I'm surprisingly pleasant. ;-)

--P

Both of these men....I adore!

As well as a couple IRL....but they cause me headaches....lol

oh and I'm not ashamed to say Anna is my girl crush on here! She is one awesome lady!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crush on anyone here on this board??

On MFP - yes :) But i will do absolutly nothing about it haha!

Do you have a crush on anyone in real life??

Yes, now if they would stop bailing out on me at the last minute...smh...
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's working for you does not negate the plethora of PMs I get from ladies (and two guys) who thought their MFP crush really liked her until she tried to meet him in person.
    I'm jealous, I never get PMed or anything! :angry:
    I feel like I'm missing out on so much of the action that is happening behind the scenes... :laugh:
    I have way more MFP friends who leave and either never come back or create a whole new profile due to some MFP crush they thought really liked them but never had any intention of going the distance.
    Strange... why would people do that? They could just ignore the other person... No?

Also, it's a nice ego boost I guess to be "crushed on" but not everyone wants to "realise" (i.e. make real) those crushes all the time. Everyone wants to be loved :smile:
    Yep, loneliness and love definitely make people go mental and do crazy things...
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    oh and I'm not ashamed to say Anna is my girl crush on here! She is one awesome lady!!
    You'd be ashamed of that if you had met her... :laugh:
    I kid, I kiiiiid!!!!!!!!! :wink: She's alright in ma' book!
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Options
    I kid, I kiiiiid!!!!!!!!! :wink: She's alright in ma' book!

Oh good!!! I'll take your word for it!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I do have an MFP crush on here, but I am too far away to do anything and I am very shy in starting a conversation. Do not mind the distance at all, since I had a LDR before.

I don't have in RL crushes.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's working for you does not negate the plethora of PMs I get from ladies (and two guys) who thought their MFP crush really liked her until she tried to meet him in person.
    I'm jealous, I never get PMed or anything! :angry:
    I feel like I'm missing out on so much of the action that is happening behind the scenes... :laugh:
    I have way more MFP friends who leave and either never come back or create a whole new profile due to some MFP crush they thought really liked them but never had any intention of going the distance.
    Strange... why would people do that? They could just ignore the other person... No?

Also, it's a nice ego boost I guess to be "crushed on" but not everyone wants to "realise" (i.e. make real) those crushes all the time. Everyone wants to be loved :smile:
    Yep, loneliness and love definitely make people go mental and do crazy things...

I feel like I am missing out on something too. I have only received a couple PMs and they were dirty. lol
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Ugh. I have a major crush on someone IRL that I should have gotten over a year ago. He is such an unbelievably awesome man, but he has major insecurity issues, and unfortunately, so do I. I'm starting to think I'm going to be single forever :sad:

You're a great catch and you just need to remind yourself of that! :flowerforyou:

Awww thanks, PJ!!!

Btw, I'm starting to think that the fact that my literary crushes are Starbuck from Moby **** and Prince Andrei from War and Peace have a lot more to do with me being single than anything else :laugh:

OMG -- edited to add that I think it's hilarious that mfp censored literature!!!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

Btw, I'm starting to think that the fact that my literary crushes are Starbuck from Moby **** and Prince Andrei from War and Peace have a lot more to do with me being single than anything else :laugh:

OMG -- edited to add that I think it's hilarious that mfp censored literature!!!!

Me too! If you can make it over to the UK, I'm sure we could find you a Prince Andrei, though...I've got an invitation to a Cossack Ball lurking somewhere around!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hank Rearden from Atlas Shrugged (this is a big one)

One of my favorite books

:love:

It's my #1, I aspire to be Dagny Taggart in spirit.

Terrible prose and terrible philosophy. As my friend's mother told her when she started to quote Atlas Schrugged at 18, "Everyone goes through an Ayn Rand phase, but shouldn't you have grown out of it by now?" Eventually she did.

Loved it that Ayn Rand needed social security and Mediare to survive, after slagging off on government programs (for "moochers"!) her entire life. Such a terrible hypocrite. Not surprising that this is the faux philosophy driving the extreme right in the US (old folks on Medicare love her, I suppose).

Not going to get into her watered down Nietzschean philosophy, as that is also so terrible as to be laughable. Sorry, but "a little learning is a dangerous thing" comes to mind every time someone mentions Ayn Rand. And yes, I say that as someone who loved Atlas Shrugged when I was 25. Again, it's a phase, like wearing black, or a goatee.

--P

Wow. .I'm blown away by how obviously superior you are! Bravo!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

We wouldn't be enemies. I like to argue, but face to face, I'm surprisingly pleasant. ;-)

--P

Oh, we already have our 3sum lined up, aint we Shells? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad:

:grumble:

:tongue:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Options

--P

Oh, we already have our 3sum lined up, aint we Shells? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Anna...weren't you and I going to make a Poncho sandwich at some point? Lol.

.yes Jim, you might just be a piece of meat! Bwahaha!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

--P

poncho-300x288.jpg

Like this?? A poncho sandwich?? lol
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

--P

poncho-300x288.jpg

Like this?? A poncho sandwich?? lol

That's an awful lot of bush...

:laugh:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

--P

*hides*
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't have any crushes but Flimfloz is cute, Poncho is cute, DM is cute, Micedout is cute and some others.. those are the ones that I can think of right now.