Day 1 - Who's with me?

Options
StephFork
StephFork Posts: 182 Member
Has anyone just started or about to start C25K? Today will be my Day 1 after stopping the program in Dec. 2011 when I found out was pregnant. Now that my son is 2 months old I'm ready to get back into running. C25K ROCKS! It got me running more than 10 minutes straight last time and now I'm looking forward to being able to run more than 30 minutes straight this time! Who's with me?

Replies

• Asianaaaa
    Asianaaaa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph,

I have recently started the C25K program. I am on W1D3 so I'm still very much a beginner. I am definitely with you on this! I can really do with all the motivation and support I can get. I am currently sitting at my work desk thinking about how tired I am and how I can not be bothered to do any exercise tonight - my bad! Of course, I am just going to have to make sure that this does not happen! :wink:

Feel free to add me.

Good luck!

Saima
  • triplestepping
    triplestepping Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started today too!

Some incentives: I have a beach vacation in December coming up, a family destination wedding in February, and a 5k race in March (I'm signing up Nov 1). I want to get through the holiday carbo-sweet-fest with some good exercise to counter it all!

Add me if you like?
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've only just started, on week 1. I would like to add you guys too, if that's ok?
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 1 this week.
    Jane
  • lexusjade
    lexusjade Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am willing to join you all although I will be trying to do a little more than just C25K.
  • StephFork
    Options
    Awesome! I added you all and I hope we can all push eachother through this. Day 1 kicked my *kitten* but that just means it's going to work to get my *kitten* in shape! : )
  • BertoJG
    BertoJG Posts: 27
    Options
    I am in the middle of Week 2, but I would love to join you guys!

Robert
  • Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just started Week 1 Day 1 here. Please feel free to add me. How are you logging it?
  • tdog66
    tdog66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 TODAY! I am hoping that when I wake up tomorrow I can still walk. I havnt figured out how to log my progress yet. so far just wrote it down on the paper I printed with the program.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this past weekend after doing week 5 of c25k twice. The 5k got me hooked on running outside. I was training on a treadmill. Training on a treadmill was what I needed at the time, due to heat and at the time being dehydrated due to a health issue I was having. But now I'm hydrated and layer up and hit the road or park. I'm going to follow this thread because we are all beginners because there r always new challenges. In case u any of u train on a treadmill set the grade to 1.0 because that is supposed to be the closest to the energy exerted when running outside. I love running now, and I never thought I would say that! My husband and I just signed up for another 5k on Veterans Day in a week and a half. The proceeds go to wounded warriors and their families. Great cause and way to hemp keep the holiday lbs away.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I started on Monday, W1D2 today. I have not had anything big or scary enough chase me so I have not run in over 25 years - day 1 went better than expected though.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    Tonight is W1D2 and happy to add anyone starting to run too!
  • StephFork
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this past weekend after doing week 5 of c25k twice. The 5k got me hooked on running outside. I was training on a treadmill. Training on a treadmill was what I needed at the time, due to heat and at the time being dehydrated due to a health issue I was having. But now I'm hydrated and layer up and hit the road or park. I'm going to follow this thread because we are all beginners because there r always new challenges. In case u any of u train on a treadmill set the grade to 1.0 because that is supposed to be the closest to the energy exerted when running outside. I love running now, and I never thought I would say that! My husband and I just signed up for another 5k on Veterans Day in a week and a half. The proceeds go to wounded warriors and their families. Great cause and way to hemp keep the holiday lbs away.

That's so great that your hubby runs with you and you have already completed your first race! I can't wait to do mine. I have my sights on one in February but hopefully I'll find another one to do before then. I ran outside yesterday and although it was nice to be out the hills made it harder.. BUT that's real life right?
  • StephFork
    Options
    I'm so excited to have a group of people to help support each other through our C25K Journey!
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    I have done W1D2 and so far so good! Plan to do W1D3 on saturday.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    W1D2 was awesome last night. I am running at a community indoor track. Very motivational as people of all shapes and sizes walking / jogging / running. Trouble is I don't want to take a day off but I know the rest days are important.

What are you doing on your non-C25K days?
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    W1D2 was awesome last night. I am running at a community indoor track. Very motivational as people of all shapes and sizes walking / jogging / running. Trouble is I don't want to take a day off but I know the rest days are important.

What are you doing on your non-C25K days?

Sunday - started C25K
    Monday - Hill walk
    Tuesday - C25K
    Wednesday - training session with trainer at the gym - thats harder than any other exercise I do.
    Tonight - brisk walk
    Friday - day off
    Saturday - training session with the trainer again.
  • smyr630
    smyr630 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I will start my C25K as well...I have a 5k in a couple days (it's a Fun Run/Walk) but I need to get in shape for the one coming up in January. I'll try to beat my PR which is 45:06
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have just started C25K as well - currently on W1D2 so very new. I am excited to complete this program and make running something I do regularly!
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did my first day today. Feel good. I am also doing 30DS.