Day 1 - Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok I've kinda misunderstood this. I thought it was 5 miles, not km:laugh: I've been running 3 miles everyday and I wanted to try this to see if I could run 5 miles.. lol. I was pushing myself hard to run 5 miles under 60 mins. :bigsmile:
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ok I've kinda misunderstood this. I thought it was 5 miles, not km:laugh: I've been running 3 miles everyday and I wanted to try this to see if I could run 5 miles.. lol. I was pushing myself hard to run 5 miles under 60 mins. :bigsmile:

haha.. Thats too funny! You are alreadt doing awesome with 3 miles a day! Keep it up. :)
  • StephFork
    Options
    I have just started C25K as well - currently on W1D2 so very new. I am excited to complete this program and make running something I do regularly!

Thats great! I'm on day 2 too. :)
  • BertoJG
    Options
    I just finished W2! I'm looking forward to the next 2 days off. :)

Robert
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    So awesome to have all you guys starting up!!
    This is the most awesome program :). Tomorrow morning ill start Week 9......and when I first began in late August, I couldn't run the 60 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! Now....3 mile stretches non-stop are common.
    If 'I' can do this, anyone can!!

You all rock!!!
  • LBournes10Again
    Options
    I am on Level 1 day 3 tonight. Add me We can do this together
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this weekend. I'm actually joining the gym up the street so I have access to a treadmill when it gets cold, as I am a wuss and not sure I can handle it outside. :) But while it still isn't frigid I'm going to try doing it outdoors!

I actually tried to do this about 3-4 years ago when I was significantly heavier and not in good shape at all. I didn't make it past week 1. But I am definitely in better shape now and have made a lot of lifestyle changes, so I'm really hopeful that I'm going to rock it this time. I've been reading through the posts here and have found a lot of encouragement and good advice - feeling motivated!
  • StephFork
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! Just checking in to see how weeks 1-4 are going. I'm on week 2, day 2 and so far so good. Day 1 of each week is going to be the hardest for me. That extra time added to the clock takes a while to get used to.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I keep repeating week 1 day 3 because I am experiencing knee tenderness on the inside of my knees.

I invested in better running shoes (Asics) and have been doing research on the causes. The most common cause is weak abductor muscles. More research on abductor strengthening exercises. I sucks because cardio wise I want to run, it's the pain in my knees which I never have had in my life slowing me down.

Hopefully just a couple more runs and days and I will move up to week two. :flowerforyou:
  • StephFork
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your knees are giving you trouble but it's important to be careful like you said. Funny.. I recently had to stop doing 30DS because my knees hurt so bad. For whatever reason the running isn't hurting them. Keep it up! You will get there. It doesn't matter how long it takes us.
  • T2Jeanne
    Options
    I am just starting myself as well.

My biggest problem is energy. I cannot afford a gym membership so I am on my own basically. Hubby is supportive in so far as he is not condenscending but he certainly is not helpful either. I am 43 and really starting to feel much older.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your knees are giving you trouble but it's important to be careful like you said. Funny.. I recently had to stop doing 30DS because my knees hurt so bad. For whatever reason the running isn't hurting them. Keep it up! You will get there. It doesn't matter how long it takes us.

I read on one of the threads that the 30DS can be very hard on the knees but I haven't tried it. I think my knee(s) will drastically improve as the weight drops off. I am not stopping even if I do week 1 for a month :blushing:
  • StephFork
    Options
    I am just starting myself as well.

My biggest problem is energy. I cannot afford a gym membership so I am on my own basically. Hubby is supportive in so far as he is not condenscending but he certainly is not helpful either. I am 43 and really starting to feel much older.

Age is just a number! You got this.. It's hard starting out but once you get going it feels so good. :)
  • StephFork
    Options
    I read on one of the threads that the 30DS can be very hard on the knees but I haven't tried it. I think my knee(s) will drastically improve as the weight drops off. I am not stopping even if I do week 1 for a month :blushing:

Yeah, I think it's all the jumping and side lunges.. I think it will be great once I'm in better shape. Don't stop and I agree if it takes you a month to do each week it doesn't matter because you're still doing it! We WILL be runners one day SOON!
  • Edimew
    Edimew Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I started last week walking fast outside, but I feel to self concious to attempt any real speed so last night I got myself to the gym to do it properly on a treadmill. So lets say yesterday was day one, and it felt great

My brother and my boyfriend (thats two seperate people by the way ) were very keen runnners both representing their counties, so I know the benefits.

I attempted to run once and once about 20 years ago.I wasn't living in a very good area and the local kids pointed, laughed, and shouted at me and I allowed that to put me off forever.

So goal no 1 to be able to run outside fast enough, so if people do laugh , I'll be too far away to hear.
    I have a ski ing holiday in Febuary so goal number 2 is to be a bit (or even a lot) fitter for that
  • pugglelvr99
    Options
    I started on Monday, Nov. 5th! Tonight I'm doing W1D2!
  • StephFork
    Options
    Edimew- That is AWFUL that you were ever laughed at. I can't imagine anyone laughing at someone for how slow they are. I mean anyone getting out there to better themselves just needs encouragement. I hope you can keep getting out there even if it is on the treadmill. I'm sorry anyone ever treated you that way.
    Puddle- Yay for starting the program! I'm just on week 2 so not far ahead of you. I can already tell a difference in how I feel and my endurance.
  • sjd2007
    Options
    I am starting today...
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I restarted on Tuesday. I started with wk3 and decided to do this based on distance instead of time.I completed wk3 d2 yesterday and I felt fine. I may repeat this week b/c I'm not sure I can run the half mile thats in wk4 just yet..lol

My plan is to run 5 -6 times a week. On my non c25k days I will do interval runs to work on speed.

w3d3 tomorrow :wink:
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Finished the workout pretty strong. I even added speed intervals at the end. My fasted interval was 7.0. To was my long run for the week so I set the treadmill on the 5k loop and started my workout. It took me 45 minutes to complete. I’m still a little nervous about starting wk4.

Happy running everyone