Day 1 - Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• rednpnk
    rednpnk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you all don't mind me jumping in and joining you. I started the program on. Sat. 11/17. I am planning to do my first 5k in Jan, so I need to get in gear. Not a runner, but always wanted to be, so here I go. The first day wasn't too bad, but it made me realize a lot about my fitness levels. Anyway, thanks for having me. Good luck everyone.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I downloaded the Couch to 5K app a couple of months ago but today was my first day of getting started. I`ve wanted to run for years now but have never been successful with any of my attempts. I`m hoping that a defined program will help me overcome whatever barriers my body thinks is has and become a successful jogger. I`d be happy doing 5K.

Today went okay. I will redo Week 1 Day 1 a time or two before moving on, just to give my body a chance to get used to it.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Found this program and thought this would actually give me a chance at being able to run. Have wanted to for a long time but never got past walking. Completed day 1 earlier today. Seeing others are starting today as well gives me encouragement. Planning on doing day 2 Tuesday evening.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    W1D1 starting in less than 2 hours!
  • RoMosley
    RoMosley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    W1D2,went pretty well, next run is Wednesday.:wink:
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Planning on doing day 2 Tuesday evening.

Pixie, I'll join you for Day 2 tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm on the west coast and will be able to work out in the late afternoon (after work). Don't know where you are but I may be posting quite late in your day.
    Good luck tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • rednpnk
    rednpnk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did week one day two today. I feel like I did a better job on the first day, but that doesn't matter. What matters is I did it. Have a great week.
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Did W1D2 today, and according to my Fitbit the hills on my route equate to 10 flights of stairs. Given that, I'm really happy about how my legs are feeling! They've been pretty stiff in the Achilles tendon and calf after day 1 on Saturday, but instead of feeling worse today they feel nice and relaxed. Day 1, I did 1.87 miles at an average of 16 min/mile, and I was surprised to see that today I did 2.05 miles at an average of 14:38 min/mile. Progress already!
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1d2 feel energized!
  • mackzaj
    Options
    W1D3 done! About halfway through, I felt like I was lengthening my stride and going along well. I think I can do the 90 seconds in W2!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Just finished W1D2 and I'm feeling really good.

I probably won't be able to do D3 on Thursday but will do it on Friday. I've got a tai-chi lesson on Thursday.
  • RoMosley
    RoMosley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Finish W1D3, I shorten my time 30 + sec,
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    Finally ... knee is feeling better *knock on wood* and I finished W1D3 again. Each day of week one is the same and I did seven days of that week while recovering from the pain in my knee. So excited to start week 2 on Friday! :glasses:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    back to this program starting tomorrow! yay me! actually can't wait!
    hoping to do another 5K soon too woohoo!
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been planning to do W1D3 yesterday, but after Thanksgiving dinner (which wasn't too heavy, but heavier than I usually eat), I felt like moving. So I went out back and talked to my daughter on the phone while walking. By the time we were done talking, I was walking pretty briskly. I realized I wanted more, so went in and hopped on the stationary bike. After 20 minutes, I knew what I really wanted to do -- so I went out and did W1D3, but not on the usual hilly route around the neighborhood, just up and down a fairly flat stretch of street. It felt so good, my walking was more like dancing, and at one point I actually startled myself laughing out loud. Two or three times, when the trainer said it was time to go back to a walk, I kicked the jog up to a sprint for 15 seconds before going back to a walk. It was exhilarating!
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    I'm going to be starting this up tomorrow! Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday, with strength training on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Saturday as a rest day!
  • sevenof9ncrew73
    Options
    im sara and new to this group and MFP today but i am a walker already i joined the couch to 5k program but i was not determined enough to actually do it as supposed too nothing to motivate me and keep me going, i have my challenges with running like i have no right knee cap i have a prosthetic vertebrae and even after nearly 5 yrs after surgery my shoulder and neck still hurt and kill me when i try to jog i found jog with my neck collar on helps but i cant do races with a collar so i need to learn to run well i need to jog first i can do just under a minute without pain its not helpful because i am determined that in June i will run and complete my first 5k survivor mud run obstacle course in Seattle WA. area. I need to train for this though so any hints and advice is appreciated, i do not have access to a gym either so can not do a lot of machine work so far i use Wii sports to do some cardio tennis and things to work on breathing but even then running is still so far ahead for me i want to run this race with 2 friends but they already run marathons so even training with them is out as they leave me for dust so hopefully i will get the input and kick in the *kitten* when i need it to get in shape. pain is not a motivator to keep on doing what hurts but i am no quitter i plan on starting again tomorrow.
  • stargalsal
    stargalsal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been bouncing around somewhere between W2 and W3 and then just going for as long as i can most days. I have a neck injury from a car accident and a hip injury from a fall late last year, so my progress from couch to 5k is not as fast as i like....but it is all progress. I average out about 1.7-2 k between walking and running and yesterday i ran a whole ten minutes straight. I felt i could have kept going, but was worried about over extending myself and hurting my neck. Thankfully this morning, i woke up with no ill effects. Have probably exceeded it tonight a little as the neck is not very happy, but its an awesome feeling to see my strength increase as well as duration. I am really pleased with where I am at, even if it is not where I would necessarily like to be! I just will continue to do a few repeats of weeks while my body gets used to the changes :) So far, i am really enjoying it.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Yay me! I am back with "Chubby Jones C25K" podcasts and tomorrow is day 2!!!

so happy to be back on track and shooting for a nice loss of about 10 pounds by

January 10th!

best wishes to all my friends here as well! happy days:glasses:
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second go around on W2D2. I did the full week 1 and week 2, but I just don't feel ready to jog for 3 minutes yet. So I thought I would do W2 again and then try moving on.

I like the Simple C25K program app (smart phone), because it allows you to redo any/all weeks and it keeps track of the time for you.

I'm with you!

Anyone can feel free to add me for support.