I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I confess I been worn out from the past 2 days. Yesterday, when Kits and I hung out, it was a very hot and sticky time. It's been a while for me, so it took some time getting used to it again. Kits was a trooper as she was patient with me, taking breaks as needed. We continued the following morning where we both expended so much energy, we could barely move after we finished, but it was worth every second.

Being a tourist in SD can be a killer! Glad you're having fun. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I confess that I met someone from here last week and it was fun. :)

who? who? who? Names and Pictures or it didnt happen!! :bigsmile:

No pictures were taken and no name will be released until I ask her if it is ok. :P
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess Cesar and I were very naughty this morning, and by the time I had to go I was very sated and could hardly move.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I confess Cesar and I were very naughty this morning, and by the time I had to go I was very sated and could hardly move.

What a tease!
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I confess, I'm single again! I broke up with the bf over the weekend. He's just not the dude for me.
  • whierd
    Options
    I confess, I'm single again! I broke up with the bf over the weekend. He's just not the dude for me.

How YOU doin?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Awesome!! :bigsmile: :heart: :smooched:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Awwwww, and I thought it was going so well :brokenheart: You okay? :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am probably going to get a membership to the Y just because it is located in the office building I work for and I need a place to take a shower on the weekends when I am playing sports so I don't have to drive the 40 mins home. I hate that they are so expensive for single people.
    You can apply for financial aid for the Y to pay a reduced price.

hahahaha me getting financial aid is funny. They based the $50 a month off my current pay.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

What a tease!

:drinker:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

How YOU doin?

Wait didn't you just say you met someone from here and then you hit on Diana?
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that I am still drying out from camping in the rain for 2 days this weekend but here is a tip. Always carry softball cleats in your car as you never know when they will come in handy such as when breaking down camp in the mud and rain.
  • whierd
    Options

How YOU doin?

Wait didn't you just say you met someone from here and then you hit on Diana?

Met someone, not dating someone. :laugh:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess I love Cesar's new profile pic :tongue: :love: :wink:

I like it too. Mainly because of who was with me in said pic.

OMG! YOu two look GREAT together :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Gorgeous smiles!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    So cute together!!!!!

Love it!! :love:
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    I confess that I met someone from here last week and it was fun. :)

who? who? who? Names and Pictures or it didnt happen!! :bigsmile:

No pictures were taken and no name will be released until I ask her if it is ok. :P

Then it didn't happen...
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    Today is my birthday!! I have a date Tuesday, new guy and 5 years younger. A date on Wednesday, ex bf. Saturday is girl's night out and should be about 15 girls and then Sunday is a Phish concert in Chicago with ex bf. I may see Harley tonight but his ex gf is playing mind games with him and I don't have time for that.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday!! I have a date Tuesday, new guy and 5 years younger. A date on Wednesday, ex bf. Saturday is girl's night out and should be about 15 girls and then Sunday is a Phish concert in Chicago with ex bf. I may see Harley tonight but his ex gf is playing mind games with him and I don't have time for that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY WOMAN!!!! Enjoy your dates!!!! And, all your nights out!! :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess I been worn out from the past 2 days. Yesterday, when Kits and I hung out, it was a very hot and sticky time. It's been a while for me, so it took some time getting used to it again. Kits was a trooper as she was patient with me, taking breaks as needed. We continued the following morning where we both expended so much energy, we could barely move after we finished, but it was worth every second.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I love the new pic Cesar!!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You can't just deny history and treating you like 'it didnt happen' is actually more offensive, IMO.

Why would someone not want to go?
    Of course, if you have been there while it was in use in the past or hate history, I would understand...

But to be clear, it's not because you visit a "negative place", or read a book/visit the house of a "negative person" that you support the "negative ideas" of the said person or place.
    If the museum/book/place fully supports the "negative idea" (or I should say: supports the idea I'm opposed to), then I can boycott it, yes.

But it's not new that the history of man isn't all flowers and love.

Looking back, I realized I never addressed Florian's question...

Before I lived in the South, I was the kind of person who went to any historical site just to go. But in the South it's different. Firstly, this is a "Confederate site" not a "national" or "state" site (by that, I mean, it's not run by the Smithsonian or the government, it's run by DSV and CSV). So by visiting you aren't just "learning history" but you are "supporting the cause." In this case, BB's dad spent his money (and I'll admit I took pleasure that my attending irritated step-mom) so I didn't feel to bad about this aspect.

Secondly, and more importantly: the bigger problem with this kind of thing is IF you go somewhere where "your kind" are not welcome, even as a tourist, now you've made life more difficult for people left behind because the regulars go out of their way to put the local blacks "in their place" for awhile after an upset like that. I'm sure similar things happen (maybe not over race but other issues) in other areas of the country (world) too, but my only experience with this kind of thing has been in the South so I'm not sure how to describe this in terms that people from other parts of the world would understand.

BB and i had a long talk about this on the drive home. He said he had some appreciation for my struggles since he remembered playing a gig one time with two friends and one of the friends was black. The guy in charge pulled the other (white) friend aside and told them that the black guy couldn't play here. He thought they'd send him away. Instead, BB and his friends packed up and they all left. The guy chased them down (they needed musicians and couldn't find anyone else on such short notice) and they let the black guy decide whether to still play the gig. He also has a friend who is a highly skilled band director and program writer and actually mentored him and his buddies who are currently excelling but never got the props he deserved because he was Mexican. BB also told me a story about local white folks taking retribution on the local blacks after a northern black visitor unknowingly violated southern customs. So he gets that.

He said he didn't think it was a problem with his immediate family, until I started pointing stuff out (Isn't it odd that step-mom posted over 400 photos of the trip and NONE of him or me?) I told him my biggest concern with an interracial relationship would be the ostracization he would get like my mom (and I) got when I was a kid. It's different on the east coast where my family is. No one really cares anymore. But this is "the South." and people care. I went over several things on the trip and asked him to pay attention to that over the next year. I'm not going to dismiss a relationship over someone else's stupidness, but I will require that he acknowledge unfairness/injustice and not tell me my feelings are invalid or sweep it under the rug unless I agree case-by-case to keep the peace.

We can now return to Kits and Cesar... :love: :love: :love:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday JK......

I confess my weekend was amazing ..I may be walking funny but I'm smiling..

Also GO SEE PACIFIC RIM..That movie was Fuking awesome