I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Catching up... sorry about the bf but it sounds like every guy who's ever known you is coming out of the woodwork to take his place, so that's a positive at least. :happy:

Oh and try some gatorade for that headache. It seriously helps my migraines all the time.

LOL, yeah...not sure what happened...guess the feast or famine thing. I guess it was all in timing, but it was a nice boost. :)

And, thanks. Luckily the headache was gone by lunchtime. :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I am so twirly today that Im already seeing what some of my "friends" are up to tonight lol

I just realized its been 2 month screw sleep tonight lol
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have a headache from hell.... but, other than that this day is pretty freaking awesome for my self esteem.

I had a friend's cousin email to see if I'd like to go to a concert with him next week; a guy hit on me in the parking lot at work; an ex-bf texted to see how I was doing; an ex-classmate emailed to say he missed talking with me and a guy I had gone on a date with almost two years ago texted to say his divorce was finally complete (we didnt' date because he was "separated", but we've stayed in contact on facebook)...... none of them knew I broke up with the bf, and I have zero interest in dating any of them, but it was a nice pick-me-up.... :)

Wow!! This sounds awesome. I confess my phone has been much too quiet today and I wish I had random texts from random ex's to cheer me up in this cold, miserable January :smokin:

And I'm sorry about the (ex) b/f Run. How long did you date for? Are you ok? :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Wow!! This sounds awesome. I confess my phone has been much too quiet today and I wish I had random texts from random ex's to cheer me up in this cold, miserable January :smokin:

And I'm sorry about the (ex) b/f Run. How long did you date for? Are you ok? :flowerforyou:

It was good, because none of them were overbearing. A few "hey beautiful, how have you been...thinking of you" messages. It was nice.

Don't be sorry. We dated a little over a month. He actually just came over to drop off my casserole dish from the dinner I cooked the other night. We had a really nice talk. I hate to mention our issue, because of everyone's stance on religion, but here goes....He's Catholic, I am not. He wants a Catholic woman (or one that will convert). If it were just me, I would consider it and probably do so for the fact that I still know what my core beliefs are. But, I have two children that have been raised by a different set of beliefs. If I were to change that now, it would ruin their foundation. I told him, last night, as I have in the past, that I'm not opposed to attending both and then letting the kids make their own decision when they become older. He did not like that idea last night. However, he woke up with a different mindset this morning, realizing that if he wants to think of "us" he has to put the kids' best interests first. He actually called my pastor and spoke with him about things he was worried about. Then we talked about what an "interfaith" family would look like. He told me that he has taken the thought out of his head that I would "convert" because he knows it's not realistic and he's replaced it with the possibility of the interfaith instead. If we decide to go forward, we'll continue to spend more time getting to know each other and he'll visit my church at times (I'll attend mass with him on Saturday nights as time permits), and the kids will be introduced to him when we feel the time is right. But....we agreed that we need time to think about this and whether it's something we realistically want to move forward with. So, we're going to do that and get back together on Wed night (or later if needed) to talk about it. So, we'll just have to see. I am very impressed with the effort he's put forward. I don't doubt his sincerity, however I do worry that it's more of him trying to fix it than anything.

ETA - Whew that was long.... :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Runinthemud - actually glad I see two adults talking things out respectfully!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I am trying to come up with themes for a limo race thing a group of 10 of us are doing. It is like a bar crawl with scavanger hunt in limos that we decorate with a theme and we dress up. 5 guys and 5 girls. So far we have superheros, pure funk, western, pirates, cops and robbers, and good and evil.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

It was good, because none of them were overbearing. A few "hey beautiful, how have you been...thinking of you" messages. It was nice.

Don't be sorry. We dated a little over a month. He actually just came over to drop off my casserole dish from the dinner I cooked the other night. We had a really nice talk. I hate to mention our issue, because of everyone's stance on religion, but here goes....He's Catholic, I am not. He wants a Catholic woman (or one that will convert). If it were just me, I would consider it and probably do so for the fact that I still know what my core beliefs are. But, I have two children that have been raised by a different set of beliefs. If I were to change that now, it would ruin their foundation. I told him, last night, as I have in the past, that I'm not opposed to attending both and then letting the kids make their own decision when they become older. He did not like that idea last night. However, he woke up with a different mindset this morning, realizing that if he wants to think of "us" he has to put the kids' best interests first. He actually called my pastor and spoke with him about things he was worried about. Then we talked about what an "interfaith" family would look like. He told me that he has taken the thought out of his head that I would "convert" because he knows it's not realistic and he's replaced it with the possibility of the interfaith instead. If we decide to go forward, we'll continue to spend more time getting to know each other and he'll visit my church at times (I'll attend mass with him on Saturday nights as time permits), and the kids will be introduced to him when we feel the time is right. But....we agreed that we need time to think about this and whether it's something we realistically want to move forward with. So, we're going to do that and get back together on Wed night (or later if needed) to talk about it. So, we'll just have to see. I am very impressed with the effort he's put forward. I don't doubt his sincerity, however I do worry that it's more of him trying to fix it than anything.

Wowzer!! What religion are you then? I'm a (non practicing) Catholic and I'd never ask anyone to convert. To me, that's a bit dogmatic and power crazy. But then I'm not in the least bit religious so it wouldnt matter to me. Only if someone threw their beliefs at me, saying mine were wrong...........hmmm!

I hope you can resolve, if you want to? Does it bother you?? I mean, would you ever ask him (any man) to convert for you?
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I am trying to come up with themes for a limo race thing a group of 10 of us are doing. It is like a bar crawl with scavanger hunt in limos that we decorate with a theme and we dress up. 5 guys and 5 girls. So far we have superheros, pure funk, western, pirates, cops and robbers, and good and evil.

Steam punk, knights and damsels
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I am so twirly today that Im already seeing what some of my "friends" are up to tonight lol

I confess that mother nature is a ***** and must have had it out for me...... TOM showed up right before I went out last night :explode: :grumble: :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

That can be pretty heavy stuff, especially so soon into things. But I'm impressed by the way you are both being so considerate of one another and attempting a compromise. :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Wowzer!! What religion are you then? I'm a (non practicing) Catholic and I'd never ask anyone to convert. To me, that's a bit dogmatic and power crazy. But then I'm not in the least bit religious so it wouldnt matter to me. Only if someone threw their beliefs at me, saying mine were wrong...........hmmm!

I hope you can resolve, if you want to? Does it bother you?? I mean, would you ever ask him (any man) to convert for you?

I'm Baptist. I would never expect a man to change anything for me, much less convert religions. I really don't believe that one religion is better than another, so an interfaith relationship wouldn' t bother me. If it was just me, and I fell in love with him, I would have no issues with converting. However, my children have been raised in our current church and with not having family in the area, they are our family. I can't imagine taking them away from that. Not to mention, there are fundamental differences between the two doctrines. I can't just tell them, "we aren't going here anymore. This is what we believe now". That would have the potential to destroy their faith at this age (especially my son). I explained that the other night, and he understood. When he came over last night, he apologized for not understanding it sooner and said he's just never been in the situation where he's had to think about children above himself and that in this case he really needed to. He said that if this is the only stumbling block we have, we need to find a way to make it work for us.

I would like to resolve it, because he's a wonderful man in all other regards. However, I don't know if he's trying to make it work for the right reasons (whether it's because he's just so stubborn not to fail, or whether he really truly wants to make this work). It did bother me at first that he wanted me to convert, because it meant he wasn't accepting me as I am. But, as he explained I understood more. He's only dated women with which he would start a new family. In that case, he would want his child to be Catholic, as he is. Since I can't have any more, he would be more of a father-figure and I would have veto authority of some decisions (his words, lol). He said that finally clicked yesterday, and made it a lot easier for him to think about an interfaith relationship/family.

So, I'll give it time to digest. And, I believe he will too. Either way, I know we'll both make the right decision. Just sucks being an adult sometimes. lol
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

I confess that mother nature is a ***** and must have had it out for me...... TOM showed up right before I went out last night :explode: :grumble: :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Steam punk, knights and damsels

I confess I'm jealous!! This sounds like a lot of fun!!
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options

Better it be right before you go out than right after you get home. ;)
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Better it be right before you go out than right after you get home. ;)

OMG!! Ain't that the truth! Or right in the middle of the act..... :grumble:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that my bra broke at work today so i had to take it off. Now I am going to be self consious all day wondering if I am "cold".:noway:
  • jenbit
    Options

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it made me very cranky before I was like F&&% it and went out and had fun. Then I told me guy friend the bad news and he decided to stay home lol....... I want chocolate
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess that my bra broke at work today so i had to take it off. Now I am going to be self consious all day wondering if I am "cold".:noway:

Dont take it off use a stapler to "fix" it til you get home
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess I was just looking at SVCat's pictures because I love him. lol

#creeper
  • jenbit
    Options
    O confess I wanna throat hug someone right now.... If people don't stop banging on doors in this place.