Whats for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Breakfast.......1/2 c of fage greek yogurt ,.......1/3 c of great value sugar free Whic on the can says it is Gluten FreeCherry pie filling, coffee

Lunch.............1 c rice. 1/2 c of pinto beans Spices. 1/4 cheese,....Chopped green onions..1 .Corn tortilla

Dinner......,,,,hamburger with gluten free bun.......Lettuce, tomato,,,pickle onions, and mustard. Cherry diet DR. Pepper
Bedtime Snacks.....yogurt and fruit

hoping to get ideals from some of you. i am new at this plan

Calie

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm a "breadaholic" so I have some kind of Udi's gluten-free bread ever morning along with Yoplait Light Yogurt. I have a lot of different things for lunch from leftovers, to cheese, summer sausage and Crunchmaster gluten free crackers, to sandwiches or a salad. Dinner is the meal I have the least problem with because we don't cook fancy in this house, just plain old salads, with a chicken or meat dish. Since I'm new to gluten-free since April because of a wheat allergy, I'm still experimenting with oriental foods and bbq sauces. I'm finding lots of good gluten free desserts to make, so that isn't a problem.

Feel free to send me a friend request and you'll be able to see food diary. Good luck on this new journey.

Gramanana
  • lzygrl
    lzygrl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - for me this is the hardest meal of the day. This week I have been eating a low fat, GF muesli made with rice flakes however it seems to be causing some issue. Back to looking for breakfast ideas........

Lunch - Baked chicken breast and salad, small amount of french dressing and depending on how my daily calories look I sometimes add some good vintage cheese.

Dinner - Pretty basic, usually lean meat of some sort and baked vegetables.

Snacks - Raw almonds, fruit (mainly apples and bananas) vintage cheese (1 serve a day sometimes two), tin tuna in spring water.

I learned a while ago to be OK with simple food and I enjoy eating the same thing for lunch every day. Like I said breakfast is where I struggle most because I find a plain old boiled egg on it's own a little too simple. Looking forward to seeing other peoples ideas =)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks for your menu. Sounds like you got the right ideal.
    i just found out Walmart brand Great value Sugar free pie filling is gluten free. So is their apple pie filling

Calie

have a nice weekend.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My usual pattern currently:

breakfast - bean chili, fruit

snack - homemade trail mix

lunch - supper leftovers, maybe with potato, quinoa, and/or frozen veggies

snack - buckwheat porridge or baked potato

supper
    - potatoes w/ sauce
    - Mexican - tacos, taco salad, chili, sloppy joes, quesadillas
    - hearty veg/lentil soup
    - breakfast for supper - pancakes or crepes, hash browns, tofu, fruit
    - homemade pizza, veggie burgers, or falafel
    - mashed potatoes and gravy
    - roasted veggies
    - stir fry
    (and of course a salad and side veggie with each of these)

snack - fruit, leftovers, porridge, etc.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks to all for your posting on this topic and i also enjoy jamblur topics on whats for Breakfast. Got lots of ideals from it.

Have not been up long so do not have my day work out yet

Breakfast................ will be greek yogurt and fruit and some walnuts
    Lunch..................... will be left over beans and rice. with a side of a green veggies
    Dinner..................... will be a tuna casserole made with rice and cheese and 2 t olive oil

My daughter is coming out tomorrrow and we are heading to Traders Joe They are new here in Texas and i have not been there yet. I am pretty excited about that.
    Wonderful group you all got hereThanks for being here

My name is really Marie so will be signing that way from now on.
    Marie:heart:

j

jamblur
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Funky breakfast since I had a race this morning. Banana, yogurt and Gatorade.

Lunch: Chicken sandwich with cheese and BBQ sauce

Dinner: Going out. Planning on the trout and they have this really good salad with baby spinach, raspberries and nuts. And new potatoes for the veggie
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Two egg and veggie scramble. This morning was just eggs with a 1/2 cup of fresh pico de gallo. On weekends, bacon is generally included. Or sweet potato pancakes if I'm craving something sweet.

Lunch - Big a** salad. 3 cups of greens, grape tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and homemade garlic, lemon & olive oil dressing with choice of protein (typically moose, chicken breast or fish).

Dinner - Choice of protein, 2-3 cups of vegetables, and either rice, squash or potatoes.

Dessert - Apples and/or berries with pecans or walnuts warmed and spiced with cinnamon or Dark Chocolate.

Snacks - Rice crackers with hummus, guacamole or fresh pico.

In addition to being gluten free, I also limit my intake of corn to less than once a week and I have a dairy allergy so I'm working towards being 100% dairy free. Cheese has been the hardest to give up, but I'm getting better at it. I'm going cold turkey until Christmas and hoping that will be enough to break the desire to have it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hello you guys.

Breakfast..........greek yogurt. cherry Sugar free pie filling Gluten free,, coffee

Lunch at Blackeye peas..... Salad with blue cheese dressing..... Grilled chicken and season rice. tea....

Dinner. grilled veggies. Brown rrice 1 C. Small can of tuna tea

snacks...yogurt and fruit

Anothe gluten free day. yippee
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hello you guys.

Breakfast..........greek yogurt. cherry Sugar free pie filling Gluten free,, coffee

Lunch at Blackeye peas..... Salad with blue cheese dressing..... Grilled chicken and season rice. tea....

Dinner. grilled veggies. Brown rrice 1 C. Small can of tuna tea

snacks...yogurt and fruit

Anothe gluten free day. yippee

g.gifl.gifu.gift.gife.gifn.gifempty.gif
    f.gifr.gife.gife.gif

Marie
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Typical week day for me is:

Breakfast- Almost always eggs with veggies! Sometimes GF oatmeal from Trader Joes

Lunch- Usually left over for dinner- Homemade chilli recently

Dinner: A protein (like grilled chicken, pork) with sweet potato and veggies!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Well here's an unusual breakfast - I just didn't feel like eggs today. So this morning after my workout I had...

Coho salmon, rice and fresh pico de gallo.
  • kyrious87
    kyrious87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I really like Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats with some raisins, tiny bit of cinnamon and brown sugar and almond milk. Everything is GF. Dunno if that helps at all. =]
  • kyrious87
    kyrious87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - for me this is the hardest meal of the day. This week I have been eating a low fat, GF muesli made with rice flakes however it seems to be causing some issue. Back to looking for breakfast ideas........

Lunch - Baked chicken breast and salad, small amount of french dressing and depending on how my daily calories look I sometimes add some good vintage cheese.

Dinner - Pretty basic, usually lean meat of some sort and baked vegetables.

Snacks - Raw almonds, fruit (mainly apples and bananas) vintage cheese (1 serve a day sometimes two), tin tuna in spring water.

I learned a while ago to be OK with simple food and I enjoy eating the same thing for lunch every day. Like I said breakfast is where I struggle most because I find a plain old boiled egg on it's own a little too simple. Looking forward to seeing other peoples ideas =)

For breakfast, I really like Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats with some raisins, tiny bit of cinnamon and brown sugar and almond milk. Everything is GF. Dunno if that helps at all. =]

Didn't quote in the reply I had just posted... Still kinda new to the site!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is my luten free meals for today.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    My breakfast today......... was Blueberries an greek yogurt and coffee
    My lunch.......................... was bean, rice and vegies diet Dr. Pepper
    My dinner.................... ..... will be.Rice and chili with cheese grenn vegie.
    My bedtime snack............ will be geek yogurt.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Marie
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    this weekend i tried the two ingredient pancakes- 1 banana mashed add 2 eggs and mix. very very good. cant say it gets more gluten free!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I think I will try that in the morning.jlemoore sounds good. Did it feel you up.?
    2 eggs and 1 banana.Right going for it
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I did try the banana pancakes with eggs. Was very good. i did used 1 T of coconut oil so did not used any butter on them jus some SF syrup For sure will do this again.
    8246780145_59e3e31895.jpg
    100_0136 by rieriecat, on Flickr

here is my plan for the rest of today
    Beakfast.......Banana pancakes / SF syrup, 1/2 c fresh fruit and glass of milk.coffee
    Lunch...........rice and chili Coffee or tea depend on how cool it is....1/2 c fresh fruit
    Dinner..........one of WW gluten free meals., salad, !/2 c fresh fruit, tea
    Snacks........Yogurt and fruit.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mine did not turn out as pretty as yours! But they are tasty. I didn't put syrup on them and they were great. I"m glad you liked them.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I forgot the 1 t of baking powder. oh well they were still good.Marie
  • Beckycm1971
    Beckycm1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 eggs fried with olive oil spray, banana
    Lunch -chicken salad (Boiled chicken, apples, celery and kraft low fat mayo with olive oil), FSTG Multi grain chips, apple juice
    Dinner - 3 turkey bacon, rice cake, cutie, apple juice