Whats for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Macy, Where did you find the rice wraps?
    Marie
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My local grocery store (Cub) carried the rice wraps in their "ethnic foods" aisle. They were near the rice noodles...but I still had to ask to find them!
    They worked great, but I found you only need to soak them until they're just pliable, otherwise they tear really easy. Once I figured that out it was easy.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    will have to look for them
    Thanks for sharing.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My daughter sent me an article about blue cheese and they say it is safe . I am having problems gettin their address copy but will keep working on it

Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    It is true that the mold spores are grown on bread but some tests have shown no gluten in the actual cheese product. I was told for years to avoid it as unsafe BUT as I said, I haven't eaten any for decades due to migraines.....

Maybe it's something you can tolerate Marie whether or not there's any trace of gluten in it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    LIN
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Just look at those lbs add up. So proud of you. I am glad to hear that. For I want to be able to eat like a normal person.I know Wheat and other flours are off limit But i have corn tortilla and rice. I have a freezer full of veggies and I plan on making some kind of soup since the weather has turn cool. I made a pot the other day nnd
    still eating it for lunch

Breakfast........ Cinamon toast made with udi's hamburger bun glutten free, glass of milk and coffee.

Lunch............. Bowl of hommade soup, coffee

Dinner........... turkey sauage, Green beans and carrots, coffee

Snack..........Yogurt greek and fruit

Have a wonderful day.

hugs Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Chcolate cake has always been a must at our christmas dinner. I found this site this mornin and the cake looks deliously good.
    no dairy or eggs either. here is the link. Will be giving it a trail run as soon as We can get to the health food atore. and will tell you how i like it. i was wondering how I would make it thru the Christmas dinner with out the Texas Sheet cake. This looks like the answer.

http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2010/05/gluten-free-vegan-chocolate-cake-recipe.html

marie
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Ginger Lemon Girl's recipes are always good!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    loveing this gluten frrree life style

My plans for today

Breakfast.....yorurt and fruit
    Lunch..........bean soup with lots of veggies
    Dinner........ Oven fried chicken baked sweet potato, salad
    snack yogurt and fruit
    already had two of water.

Oh and do laundry, make soup, get chicken out of feezer And read more gluten free blogs

Have wonderful
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I love reading blogs and e-mails from people who rejoice in the gluten free life. Most of the groups/blogs that I follow are full of foodies who have a great time exploring new cuisines and inventing and sharing new recipes. Half of them are publishing cookbooks these days.

One blog that I currently follow . . . which I probably won't for much longer . . . is a celebrity, all of whose posts either (1) sell her new line of GF products or (2) are negative or complaining in some way about being gluten free or about her health. Believe me, I am empathetic about health issues, I and my family struggle with our own, and many in the GF community battle with other autoimmune diseases like diabetes, thyroid/hashimotos, RA, etc. or with cancer, lyme disease, children with ASD, and so on and so on. Many of us, like her, went undiagnosed for decades and will never recover from all of the damage. But if you want people to buy your products, to not be afraid to be tested or to try going GF, and to band together as a community . . . stop the griping and share something positive!

So thank you for being positive and sharing with us here!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • darynb
    Options
    Im new to gluten free and am doing it more to see if it helps my chronic pain issues than an allergy (I was told i have a sensitivity). Im also attempting to reduce sugar for the same reason but find many of the gluten free products have more sugar. Finally partly to medications and partly to not being able to physically get around well I have gained a lot of weight. I have been using this app for about a month and have only lost 4 lbs. I still am not able to be very active but have greatly reduced my calories. below is what i typically eat I am open to any suggestions on menu or things to help get my weight on track

Breakfast - apple, fat free greek yogurt
    Lunch - soup, bean salad, salad
    Dinner- some kind of lean meat, sweet potato or rice and a veg
    Snacks - celery, hummus, carrots, nutcrackers

According to the program im around 1000 calories a day.

i walk at least an hour a day (not all at once) and do workout in heated pool.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    uou eat a lot like me. Iam really new at this. Not new at dieting But the gluten free way of eating so far I love it. Marie
    Caliecat
  • macybean
    Options
    I made the chocolate cake...it's very good. Not as sweet as most cakes, but just right! Just in time too...I needed something to make for my gluten-free lunch tomorrow. I'm not as fond of the frosting I tried, but it's passable (I had to make it dairy free for this lunch).
    I also tried the lemon chicken on gingerlemongirl's web site. Really, really good (I made it without the cheese)!
    Thanks for the resources. I'm excited to find I can eat "normal" foods, and that most of them (so far) are still fine with my husband.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Which chocolate cade did you make? The one o posted a link to?
    I love ginger gals recipes. I want to try her almond joy pie and the corn pudding. and of course the chcolate cake i though I would put a chcolate icing on mine.. I want to make all three for Christmas.I will check out the lemon chicken

That is my goal to eat like a normal person. But I still have not got my portiens control in check yet . But working on it.

Keep up the good work. and keep us inform.
    marie
  • macybean
    Options
    It was the cake you posted the link to. That's where I found the lemon chicken recipe. It's fantastic!
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    Gluten free, grain free, legume free here. Trying to cut down on sugar but I do like dark chocolate a lot!

Breakfast: Plain Greek yoghurt, berries, topping of chopped pecans and dessicated unsweetened coconut, at the weekend it's eggs and bacon, or a frittata with veggies and chorizo

Lunch: Baked sweet potato, feta or goats cheese or some chicken, roast veg, salsa
    Or home made soup , or a big salad with meat or fish

Dinner: I like to experiment a lot, sometimes it's home made stews, sometimes grilled meat or fish with salad or veggies, I try and make my veggies interesting, use herbs, tomato sauces, spices etc. One of my favourite things is tandoori chicken or home made lamb koftas with lots of salad and a yoghurt and cucumber dip, yum.
    As a treat, Isabels gluten free pane de queso and pizza bases - they're made of cassava and are grain free and very awesome!

Snacks - fruit, nuts, apple with almond butter, dried fruit, raw veg and salsa, yoghurt and honey, sometimes a quick soup on the go using blended frozen veggies and some veg stock, oh yeah and the dark chocolate :blushing:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :drinker: Wow look like we are all geating good and gluten free.........:drinker: :drinker: Are you getting plenty of water:drinker:

my meals today
    Brreakfast................................ Chex cereal with milk and coffee
    lunch........................................ turkey ham and butterbeans slaw :drinker:
    Dinner......................................Veggies soup 2 cups
    Snacks......................................yogurt and fruit.

Welcome Little_miss yes i like chcolate too. I think we all do.

Have a wonderful day.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    on a soup diet for the next few days

Breakfast & snacks..... yogurt and fruit

Lunch & Dinner.........Sliming soup

good morning. I am trying out the sliming

soup diet for a few days
    But still lGuten free.

2003030cnyv3d6uuy.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Well finally g ot on here
    Beakfast........yogurt and fruit, coffee
    Lunch...........The same as breakfast
    dinner......... A bowl of veggie soup
    Snack Yogurt and fruit.

Today was my WI, Lost 1 lb.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon/sorry to be so late

breakfast.....Greek yogurt snd fruits coffee
    Lunch......... Butterbeans and cornbread home made glutend free....... delish
    Dinner ........ same as lunch
    Snack .....Youur and fruit.

Beautiful day here in Texas