Whats for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks

Options

Replies

• adeboyace
    Options
    I have been introduced to persimmons and all I can say is YUM! They are in season now and can get a big container of them for $5-6 at Sams Club
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    So here it is for today

Breakfast.......Yogurt and blueberries coffee
    lunch..............Brocolli stir fry over with pork and rice. tea
    Dinner........... Probable the same as lunch
    Snack ,,,,,,,,,,,Yogurt and fruit.

Have a wonderful GF day
    tomorrow is my WI day looking forward to a nice lost.
    Love reading all of your Gluten free menu..............................Thanks for sharing.
    Marie
  • jnoring
    Options
    I had yogurt with 2 slices of bacon
    Lunch I had GF Mac and Cheese with bacon also
    Dinner I haven't decided on yet. Also I had 4oz of pepsi. Whoops, needed a little sugar.
  • Beckycm1971
    Beckycm1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I tried the banana pancakes last night and had them this morning. I love them and am so excited to have something new that doesn't upset my tummy. They also help with the banana bread craving I often get.

Breakfast - Banana Pancakes and turkey bacon
    Lunch- Chicken salad (boiled chicken, apples, celery, kraft mayo with olive oil), Multigrain Food Should Taste Good Chips, Cutie
    Dinner - GF Spaghetti and spaghetti sauce with ground beef, romaine salad with raspberry vinigrette
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Lunch at Blackeye peas..... Salad with blue cheese dressing..... Grilled chicken and season rice. tea....

Sorry to be a downer but blue cheese is not GF. They spread flour paste on the cheese to promote the mold growth when it's being made. This is a sneaky one! I can't tell you how many times restaurants have offered me a gluten free menu with blue cheese stuff on it.

Welcome to GF, it can be daunting but trust me it gets better! Stick with it!

Oh and some advice - emergency foods. Sometimes you get stuck out somewhere with very few food options, or you're starving and can't cook for whatever reason. Find some easy to prep emergency foods. I keep a stash of Amy's GF frozen meals at home for when I'm in a pinch, and Think Thin bars. I have one for breakfast every work day and have extras stashed in my desk at work, my purse, and my gym bag. I always bring several when travelling too. They've saved me many a time.

Good luck!

Allison (GF 4 years)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Allison. i did no know that. Where can I find those Think thin bars. i see that amazone has them but would like to buy the local. I am leraning more each day. E

MARIE**CALIECAT
  • AllisonMart
    Options
    There's a ton to learn and it's really overwhelming, I know! I get the bars from Amazon, since I go through a lot of them it's more cost efficient for me to buy in bulk. The local health food stores have them and so does our local Kroger chain and WalMart Neighborhood Market stores. You mentioned Trader Joe's, I'm sure they have them but we don't have TJ so I'm not sure. They're high in protein (20g each), GF, and surprisingly tasty. I like the espresso one, brownie crunch, crunchy peanut butter, and white chocolate chip. The Crunch varieties are good too, I got an apple cranberry that was delish!

Feel free to ask any questions, I've been at this a while now and I'm happy to share advice. You can expect to be really obsessed with food and "what the heck am I gonna eat tomorrow?" for about a year (I say that from personal experience and from others I have talked to), then suddenly you relax and it gets a lot easier. I don't even think about it much anymore.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I must order me some.. Thanks for your help.
  • AllisonMart
    Options
    Oh and sorry, I didn't answer your original question!

Breakfast - coffee or tea and a Think Thin bar during the week. On weekends, bacon & eggs with added veggies like kale, tomato, green onion, and avocado.

Lunch - Usually whatever was leftover from dinner the night before. On weekends I tend to skip lunch with that huge breakfast, and feel great doing it!

Dinner - a protein (I try to do mostly fish, sometimes chicken or turkey and trying to cut back on beef. I don't like pork), and as many veggies as I can get. On rare occasions, a starch too like quinoa or rice, but I don't do that often.

Dessert - I ADORE ice cream but I just can't do that anymore. Lately I have pureed frozen bananas, sometimes with a spoon of peanut butter, or cocoa powder, or honey mixed in. Almost like ice cream.

Snacks - I'm not much of a snacker. I usually take an apple and celery sticks to work but I don't always eat them.

Occasional treats - cauliflower pizza (YUM!), GF pasta, GF beer, GF bread (Udi's or homemade).
  • AllisonMart
    Options
    I must order me some.. Thanks for your help.

Anytime! :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    l.gifo.gifs.gift.gif

i lost 4 lbs this morning. Thaank you all for all of your help

Havent plan on my menu for today Will get my coffee and work on it.
    Love to all
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Beakfast.......... smoothie with yogurt, milk and lots of mixed berries
    Lunch................. Left over beans chili and cheese over rice with chopped green onions and taco sauce
    Dinner................ A gluten free WW dinner
    Snack.... ...........A Think thin bar if I can found them at my Kroger if not It will be yogurt and fruit

Have a wonderful day all of you gluten free guys!
  • daisy84087
    daisy84087 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could try rice at breakfast. My brother and I are both celiac's and he makes a great rice breakfast. You cook the rice like normal and than add a little brown sugar and fruit and nuts or dried cranberries. it is great. Also, I like omelets, you can put anything you want in them.

take care. Have fun on your journey.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Daisy that sound like a nice breakfast. Will have to try it.For i been wanting to make the rice pudding but afraid i would overeat on it. Portion sixe is one of my biggest problems. But notice the longer i stay on the gluten free I am not that cravings for sweets.
    Thanks for the ideal.
    <<<< Hugs>>>>
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    Marie - I know you need to watch your sugar intake so I'm not certain if this is suitable for you but I purchase Kind bars for situations when I'm traveling or other situations where I can't get what I would normally eat. There are many varieties. For example the madagascar vanilla almond Kind bar has just 4g of sugar, 7g protein and 5g fiber. They are gluten free, have no sugar alcohols, are low glycemic, low sodiumk dairy free, cholesterol free, and have no hydrogenated oils. Each type I've purchased are in the neighborhood of 180 - 210 calories and although they aren't a regular part of my diet I do eat them from time to time. Some varieties are sold in grocery stores and Starbuck's. I order mine from Amazon.

I never thought to mention bleu cheese dressing as a no no. I've not eaten that for decades as it provoked migraines for me.

Hope you are well.

Lin
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the OP for posting this...I am day one gluten free and am really looking for ideas. To know that it takes about a year to be comfortable really helps. I went grocery shopping today and was a little overwhelmed!
    Lots of great ideas. I am grateful that I make most my own food already. I am a little sad about blue cheese though:(
    Will be following along...
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am new too , macybean We can learn this system together. Its a big chane for me.

Hugs Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning folks

Breakfast ......Banana pancakes with milk
    Lunch...........home made soup. with lots of vegies.with slice apples cook in mircro with cinnamon
    Dinner......... most likely more soup more apples.
    Snack.........greek yogurt and fruit.

I am really enjoying this plan

have a wonderful day!

<<<<<hugs>>>>>
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Breakfast........chex cereal and 1% milk Fruit
    Lunch............ Vegies soup with beans. fruit
    Dinner............grilled chicken, bake sweet potato and Brussell sprouts
    Snacks .........greek yogurt and fruit.

Have a wonderful day.
    Marie

Go Cowboys go!
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I made gluten free egg rolls last night using rice paper wrappers and Bragg's amino acids (in place of the soy sauce). They were excellent!
    I really like sandwich wraps for lunch so I tried La Tortilla Factory Gluten Free Wraps. Not my favorite, but there are others to try.
    For dinner tonight I'm making Quinoa Casserole...will make good leftovers for lunch!