December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--2
    Binge--1

It makes me so sad to give one to the Binge. :(. I didn't earn as many exercise points yesterday as I usually do, and when I got home last night after a band concert (I play flute), I went over my calories with a snack and then just kept going. My binge was about 2,700 calories - mixed nuts and then blue tortilla chips and salsa. And then more mixed nuts and raisins. Ouch. :( Oh well, one day at a time. I need to sharpen up my sword; I'm not turning in my credentials as a Binge Slayer!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a close one. I just seemed to be hungry all day. Maybe it wasn't real hunger; I really don't know. On top of that, we've started getting all those Christmas goodies delivered to our dept. at work. Of course, I felt the need to try a couple of those goodies. :grumble: Because of my workout, I did not go over my calorie count but did eat about 200 cals. more than what I usually eat during the week. Anyway, today is a new day and I will not let those sweets get to me!

Me: 3
    Binge: 0
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Mo--2
    Binge--1

It makes me so sad to give one to the Binge. :(. I didn't earn as many exercise points yesterday as I usually do, and when I got home last night after a band concert (I play flute), I went over my calories with a snack and then just kept going. My binge was about 2,700 calories - mixed nuts and then blue tortilla chips and salsa. And then more mixed nuts and raisins. Ouch. :( Oh well, one day at a time. I need to sharpen up my sword; I'm not turning in my credentials as a Binge Slayer!

2,700 is not bad. You can easily have a small deficit throughout the week to make up for that. It won't cause any gain (thats permanent)

Drink a lot of water. Forgive yourself...
    make sure you hold no guilt today. Guilt always makes me binge the next day. Don't give in, the binge might try to tempt you!

Stay strong. =)
  • happycyclingx
    Options
    2,700 is not bad. You can easily have a small deficit throughout the week to make up for that. It won't cause any gain (thats permanent)

Drink a lot of water. Forgive yourself...
    make sure you hold no guilt today. Guilt always makes me binge the next day. Don't give in, the binge might try to tempt you!

Stay strong. =)

It was a relief to read this, thank you <3

Me - 3
    Binge - 1

Yep, yesterday was bollocks. Ugh. Today I almost started fasting, but I've learned my lesson. It's never, never good trying to "win back" the calories like that. I did a very fast paced and intense work out at the gym instead, yay :--)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 1
    The Binge - 2
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    December 4th, 2012...

Me: 1

The Binge: 3 (12/1, 12/2, 12/3)

The beast is locked in a cage for now - I'm not letting it win today.
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    December 4th, 2012...

Me: 1

The Binge: 3 (12/1, 12/2, 12/3)

The beast is locked in a cage for now - I'm not letting it win today.

YES!! You CAN do this!!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As of December 4:

Greeky: 3

So far no binges in December. Unbelieveable. Yesterday I had a few urges but nothing big.

This morning I weighed. Half a pound heavier than Friday. Not a big deal, but of course I started to obsess. And all of a sudden I ws thinking, well I don't have to weigh again till Friday and my mind went right to thinking about eating my binge food today. WTF?!? I'm wondering if weighing is a trigger. Now that I haven't been weighing daily, like I did for so long, it seems I do so much better on the days I don't weigh. And I've definitely noticed a HUGE reduction in negative self-talk and punishing. Does anyone else get triggered by the scale? I never used to think it triggered me but now I'm wondering...

So....after my mind went to thinking about that junk food I kept saying all kinds of affirmations and read my goals again and read a blog that really hits home again and I felt the desire go away. Yay! I really don't want to ruin my progress - I can tell my clothes are fitting better already!

Now my co-worker just told me he got cookies from an instructor for the holidays. UGHHHHH my biggest binge food, the thing I started thinking about at 5am. I'm doing so well and I don't want to ruin it. I keep telling myself that is NOT MY FOOD! It's his, not mine! I didn't receive it as a gift! (thank gawd!)

I CAN and WILL stick to my goals today!! I can, I will, I can, I will!!!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 1
    The Binge - 2

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
    [/quote]
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    As of December 4:

So far no binges in December. Unbelieveable. Yesterday I had a few urges but nothing big.

This morning I weighed. Half a pound heavier than Friday. Not a big deal, but of course I started to obsess. And all of a sudden I ws thinking, well I don't have to weigh again till Friday and my mind went right to thinking about eating my binge food today. WTF?!? I'm wondering if weighing is a trigger. Now that I haven't been weighing daily, like I did for so long, it seems I do so much better on the days I don't weigh. And I've definitely noticed a HUGE reduction in negative self-talk and punishing. Does anyone else get triggered by the scale? I never used to think it triggered me but now I'm wondering...

So....after my mind went to thinking about that junk food I kept saying all kinds of affirmations and read my goals again and read a blog that really hits home again and I felt the desire go away. Yay! I really don't want to ruin my progress - I can tell my clothes are fitting better already!

Now my co-worker just told me he got cookies from an instructor for the holidays. UGHHHHH my biggest binge food, the thing I started thinking about at 5am. I'm doing so well and I don't want to ruin it. I keep telling myself that is NOT MY FOOD! It's his, not mine! I didn't receive it as a gift! (thank gawd!)

Yes, the scale used to trigger me all the time.

For me, it helped to majorly cut down on the weigh ins.. a couple years back I would weigh daily. On times when I weigh myself once a month, that's when I seem to do my best. You could always try weighing every 10-14 days. That would give you enough time to see results, but it wouldn't be too often. =) Whatever you choose, good luck.

I really want to get a scale that measures my body fat %, then the number wouldn't matter so much as long as my fat was going down lol.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    As of December 4:

You certainly will stick to your goals! Your heart and mind are in the right place. THINK about everything you do and whether it is helping/hurting you..what will make you feel better tomorrow? Thursday? Friday? I haven't weighed myself in a long time and I found I'm feeling more confident because of it. I DO want to start weighing daily because once I get over the fear of what I actually weigh, I'm okay with daily fluctuations. But, but, but I am very aware how much that number can swing my moods. I'm going by my clothes for now..and weighing once I build up my confidence!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of December 4:

Yes, the scale has triggered binges for me. It seems that if I see a weight loss, the binge monster yells at me, "go ahead; you can eat since you've lost weight. You'll lose it again..." That's how the cycle of losing and gaining the same few lbs has occured for me. Instead of weighing everyday or weighing every other day, I now weigh about once about a week and sometimes once every two weeks. The scale has become less of an obsession since I started that.

I know how you feel with food at work. A basket full of sweets (including those damn Milano cookies) was delivered to my dept. I took it to the back of the room right away so I couldn't see it. It's been yelling at me all day, but I don't want it to ruin my score. I'm doing so well so far this month. You and I can both keep the binge at bay!
  • HealthierAndFitterMe
    Options
    As of 11.30.2012-12.04.2012

Me: 2
    The Binge: 3

i binged again today. at least i didn't eat as much as i usually do, kept it below 2,000, which is good for me. gonna do exercise tonight.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5th Dec

Me - 0
    Binge - 1
    Overcals - 650 or somesuch.

First one this month. The binge itself was not on anything really bad, carrots, apple and the rest of a potato and onion frittata I had for dinner, but it was enough I bloated out severely, and felt impelled to purge. As usual it came about because instead of going to bed after my hot chocolate and bedtime snack, I stayed up past tiredness.

I also ate badly in the day, and had 3 small cakes after walking some distance. I also have the flu or a bad cold or some sort of virus that has left me very drained and chesty so I am guessing that is a contributor to my eating more also.

Still, it could be worse. I was on my feet for 5 hours, much of it spent walking about.
  • Jul158
    Options
    As of December 4:

Yes, the scale has triggered binges for me. It seems that if I see a weight loss, the binge monster yells at me, "go ahead; you can eat since you've lost weight. You'll lose it again..." That's how the cycle of losing and gaining the same few lbs has occured for me. Instead of weighing everyday or weighing every other day, I now weigh about once about a week and sometimes once every two weeks. The scale has become less of an obsession since I started that.

I know how you feel with food at work. A basket full of sweets (including those damn Milano cookies) was delivered to my dept. I took it to the back of the room right away so I couldn't see it. It's been yelling at me all day, but I don't want it to ruin my score. I'm doing so well so far this month. You and I can both keep the binge at bay!

THIS. Exactly. Weight loss seems to give me permission to binge.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    So glad I found this. I had been thinking of binge eating one last day tomorrow. Planned binges are the worst :( I don't even know why. It's not like I'm hungry, but just frustrated with everything and I keep thinking that food will make things better somehow. Obviously it won't and I'll feel even worse after. I really, really hope that I don't give into the urge to binge this month!

Dec 4th
    Me: 4
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    December 4

Lisa: 3
    Binge: 1
    Over Calories: 1

Success day.
  • MyrkurCloud
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge: 1
    Over Calories: 322 :/

Not bad, compared to yesterday... I just wish I had a little more energy. I feel drained and I haven't done my daily workout yet...
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    December 4, 2012

Rachael - 4
    The Binge - 0
    Overcalories - 0

Had a pretty good day today, this month has started out really well for me food wise.
  • Jul158
    Options
    12-4-12
    Me: 4

Low day.