December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 12
    Binge 5 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/15, 12/16)

Calling today a success!!!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-17-12
    Me: 11
    Binge: 6 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16)

Meh. Still not the best but wasn't an all out binge. What happened to my streak? I was in this mindset where I WANTED all the time. not just when it was easy. Let me get back there. This weekend was emotional and I was making excuses.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Me: 7

The Binge: 12

Binged all weekend. I logged everything (well some was estimated because none of my portions were carefully measured, but I assume I was pretty close) I ate enough to put on three lbs of fat. I will not avoid the scale. I have to face the consequences, I'll try and do well this week.

You can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been AWOL for the past week but have been sick with a bad cold and am still coughing. As a result, I'm going to restart my monthly binge count.

Restarted 12/17

As of 12/17

Lisa: 1
    Binge: 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 10
    Binge - 7

So yesterday was good, sort of bingey eating behavior at dinner but I came in seven calories under goal so I'm not counting it as a binge (even though I probably should). Overall I had a great weekend. Woke up feeling great, nice and light. I planned on having a good weekend because this week I have three holiday lunches - today, tomorrow and Wednesday, and I plan on eating. I did overeat today, as I figured I would...and I didn't log and I have no idea the number of calories I ate. Tomorrow I probably won't log either, to be honest. I will try to keep from going completely overboard and to eat mindfully and not all bingey.

I've always kept my diary closed. Why is that such a bad thing?? I don't know, it's personal to me and I don't look at others' diaries....but I guess that is just me so I'm wondering why it seems like people have to justify keeping it closed.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I've always kept my diary closed. Why is that such a bad thing?? I don't know, it's personal to me and I don't look at others' diaries....but I guess that is just me so I'm wondering why it seems like people have to justify keeping it closed.
    You are right and thanks for reminding me. It is very rare I look at them. Basically that is because I just don't have the time and I know what to eat. If I know someone is low carbing I may peek to get ideas. I think that is why some look at diaries. Others on here like to tell people what and how they should eat as if ANY one of us are experts. :)

Good job on weekend too!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    12-17-12

Meh. Still not the best but wasn't an all out binge. What happened to my streak? I was in this mindset where I WANTED all the time. not just when it was easy. Let me get back there. This weekend was emotional and I was making excuses.

Isn't it messed up how we can be doing so well and then BAM! It's hard to get out of but you will! :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 13
    The Binge - 4 (1st, 2nd, 11th, 15th)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 11
    The Binge - 6

Logging days - 17 / 31
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    17/12

Natalie: 10
    Binge: 7

I ate a lot yesterday, more than I should but... It was nothing like binge. Baby steps. :)
  • motylekcytrynka
    Options

I wont be able to binge over xmas as I usually do because my bf will be with me, and hardly going to be able to sit binging before bed when sharing a room. One plus to it, I suppose (he is skinny and normal eater which tends to trigger me and make me feel very negative),

Literally the same with me. I'm going home on Friday with my boyfriend. And he is also a trigger... So skinny and beautiful, and he know how to say "no" to food.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-17-12

Isn't it messed up how we can be doing so well and then BAM! It's hard to get out of but you will! :smile:

That just gave me the courage to make today a good one. Yes, need to start that cycle now!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    December 18 2012

Colleen- 7
    The Binge- 10

Days over: 10
    Days didn't finish diary: 8

Wow, I realized that it's been a WEEK! Last week was a killer. I was working late every day last week, finishing my finals, and to top it off I was sick. I didn't have any full-on binges, like going to the store to stock up on trigger foods and eat them in secret. But I was definitely straying from my three-square-meals eating pattern and induging in sweets here and there. We have those trigger foods ALL OVER THE PLACE in the office, especially this time of year. Plus there are some well-meaning people that like to give these things as gifts. They don't understand that I absolutely cannot moderate those things, but I have to understand that it's just a nice gesture, not sabotage. So I usually give all that stuff to my fiance to take to work.

I was just messaging with one of my friends on here that I would overindulge this past week and get disappointed because nothing even really TASTED good, I was overeating just for the heck of it. :noway: I'll have to remember to write that down next time I get in a bingey mood.

I turned in my last final, which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders! I am graduating on Thursday and I absolutely can't wait!! :drinker: <---Don't worry, that's only water, lol! I am actually pretty happy to get back to journaling again. I miss having the body and mind connection when I write down my feelings after food.

You all have been doing amazing, keep up the great work!!!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Re: The closed diaries, I always keep mine closed. Even among well-meaning friends, there are just way too many opinions that mess with my head. I like having friends to give me to motivation to keep coming back, but at the end of the day, my diary is for me alone. Plus I record my feelings, which are personal, of course.

But like Mollie, I am not opposed to giving out a key to my diary when someone asks. I just don't like having it all out there. Idk, every time I tried it, it would kind of weird me out. :frown:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    December 18 2012

Colleen- 7
    The Binge- 10

Days over: 10
    Days didn't finish diary: 8

Wow, I realized that it's been a WEEK! Last week was a killer. I was working late every day last week, finishing my finals, and to top it off I was sick. I didn't have any full-on binges, like going to the store to stock up on trigger foods and eat them in secret. But I was definitely straying from my three-square-meals eating pattern and induging in sweets here and there. We have those trigger foods ALL OVER THE PLACE in the office, especially this time of year. Plus there are some well-meaning people that like to give these things as gifts. They don't understand that I absolutely cannot moderate those things, but I have to understand that it's just a nice gesture, not sabotage. So I usually give all that stuff to my fiance to take to work.

I was just messaging with one of my friends on here that I would overindulge this past week and get disappointed because nothing even really TASTED good, I was overeating just for the heck of it. :noway: I'll have to remember to write that down next time I get in a bingey mood.

I turned in my last final, which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders! I am graduating on Thursday and I absolutely can't wait!! :drinker: <---Don't worry, that's only water, lol! I am actually pretty happy to get back to journaling again. I miss having the body and mind connection when I write down my feelings after food.

You all have been doing amazing, keep up the great work!!!

Congrats on graduating! :)

Yeah, I've done that before... allow myself to splurge and overeat...or I binge....and non of the food tastes that great then I wonder why the heck I did it. I try not to reward myself with food now.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 8

The Binge: 12

I've lost track of what days EXACTLY my binges were...so I can't do the (12/1, etc) thing.. oh well!

I sucked it up yesterday and sat through binge urges in the morning... ate good and filling foods, drank a lot, exercised... they went away eventually ! Plus, I've upped my calories to 1,600 ... I don't need to go too low because it makes me too hungry... when I eat 1,200 I always go to bed that night on an empty stomach.

Winning yesterday has given me the push to win today! :) I'm back in the game.

I weighed in today....I have gained NOTHING . HOW is that possible!? I ate enough to gain 3 REAL pounds of fat. It was 3,500 over each day.

I assume I still gained fat... or inches. I had to of. There is not no results after eating the way I did - so much carbs/sweets...so many calories over.

Anyhow! Happy Tuesday everyone! Have a lovely day. =)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 10
    The Binge - 7
  • motylekcytrynka
    Options
    18/12

Natalie: 10
    Binge: 8

Today was bad... Really bad.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 12.
    Binge - 6.

Got chocolate around but not tempted to binge really.
    Prospect of Xmas with skinny bf and having to control myself there to ensure I eat less than him, puts me off.
    Plus, I look to be heading back to my old weight again, before the 5 weeks of binging and don't want to undo it.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    T, Dec 18

beatrix: 17
    The Binge: 1 (12/14)

I'm doing so much better this month than last because I'm letting myself acknowledge/feel my emotions.

Also, I know that whenever I talk on the phone with a certain loved one who is going through a hard time, I _will_ have a binge urge...sometimes within about 6 hours, sometimes the next day. But it happens invariably. So, now I know to expect this _every time_ we talk on the phone, and I just tell myself, "I am feeling X because of X, and I am NOT going to binge. I'm not going to let this relationship control me THAT way."

Giving myself permission to feel "negative" emotions is very freeing. I acknowledge them without judgement, try to make sure I'm not catastrophizing, taking on someone else's responsibilities as my own, or taking on _their_ anxiety/stress as my own, and then I try to let it go. (When someone around me starts wigging out, I usually get super tense. I have been saying to myself, "That is his/her stress, Bea, not yours." This little thing, amazingly enough, helps me relax almost immediately.)

Also, I have been trying to distract myself when a binge urge happens. I'm trying to observe it ("Ah, this is a binge urge.") and then try to occupy my mind with something else. I sometimes say a prayer that has always helped me with binge urges, and then I try to turn my mind toward another activity, usually physical activity or reading. Eventually, my mind realizes that there's no reason to keep obsessing about bingefoodX because...well, my body is not gonna get it!

I did have a binge on Friday, but it was so wee compared to my previous binges. I had to really evaluate if it was a binge or not. I think the binge mindset was creeping in, so I'm marking it as a binge. But I truly see this as a success because I was able to stop it before I became out of control.

Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement over the past months...I'm so happy to see some changes in my thinking. I think I may print out my posts in the thread this month and put them in my binge journal as reminders of how to approach food & emotions the next time I'm in an emotional muddle.

Have a good rest-of-the week, everyone. :smile: