December Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 10
    Binge 3 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13)

Binged today and didn't log the food. The strange thing is I really don't care and not beating myself up for once. My 3 year old is sick with croup and I have been stressed and kind of confined to the house I think that is why it happened. I have also had a lot of negative thinking going on in my brain. The end of the year is quickly approaching and I keep beating myself up thinking back to this past January when I was fed up with my weight and joined WW, well today I am 8 pounds heavier than that starting "fat" weight. So basically this year of dieting I have gained 8 pounds. Lovely. I think I basically told myself today what difference will today make, so what eat whatever you want you won't have technically lost any weight this year anyway, so go on ahead....Like I said, bad negative self talk. THAT needs to stop. I have also accomplished a lot this year--I need to focus on that and remind myself I am more than my weight and that does not define me. It is so hard!! I really struggle with low self-esteem.

It seems to be a constant struggle sometimes (negative self talk). You're doing awesome by realizing it, being aware really helps in improvement. :)
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    13/12

Natalie: 7
    Binge: 6
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 9
    The Binge - 4
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Me: 7

The Binge: 7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 9.5
    The Binge - 3.5

Logging days - 13 / 31
    Hi Terry,
    What is a .5??:wink: Just curious. :ohwell:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    12-14-12
    Me: 10
    Binge: 4 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14)

I really, really wanted to lie about today but I know I can't. I didn't bring an afternoon snack and lost the will power with all the junk in teacher's lounge. Darn it. I won't be hungry later today so cutting off these bad choices now. Tomorrow I have spin & dance class and keeping this weekend extra clean. Sigh.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good job on honesty Jul158!! I spent many years in a dark and denial state which is dishonesty. Keeping it real and honest is best for you for sure!! You are still doing great!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 10
    The Binge - 3 (1st, 2nd, 11th)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • motylekcytrynka
    Options
    14/12

Natalie: 7
    Binge: 7
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Good job on honesty Jul158!! I spent many years in a dark and denial state which is dishonesty. Keeping it real and honest is best for you for sure!! You are still doing great!

Thank you for this!! I really needed to remember that. A step in the right direction
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 9.
    Binge - 5.

Utterly disgusted, ashamed and angry. I couldn't even look at my bf or deal with being with him, as when I have binged, I tend to get angry with him as well as myself, because his skinnyness and control of his eating just reminds me of my own failing, greed and uselessness.

I had about 7000 calories today, at a guess. Didn't go to the gym as with that much food, what is the flipping point. Can't exercise that much off. Going to have to accept I am going to be stuck at a weight I am utterly miserable at until after xmas.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

Me: 6, The Binge: 8

7PM and my stats have changed... since I logged this a lot earlier.

Tempted to binge after lunch, I had overate. Talked to someone on here, got over it, walked.... it helped.
    But man, I didn't have much calorie allowance left - the sugar was making my hunger come back not soon after... I wanted to eat, so I did.... too much. Today was a binge day. I either want a perfect day or my mess ups drive me to a binge. I don't know what to do sometimes. I really am trying. I was the same weight as I am now, last year... yeah - that's how successful I have been at weight loss. --- 3 steps forward, 4 steps back --- is what I feel like I'm doing to myself.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 7
    Binge - 6

This isn't counting today, it's only 630p but I plan to have 8 days but don't want to write that yet because I haven't eaten dinner yet.

Yesterday turned out horrible. I worked at a different facility and used someone's office that wasn't there yesterday. The woman had a big old thing of binge food sitting on her desk. It got to me by probably 1p and it was all over after that...I couldn't take it anymore, right in front of my face. I don't know how she does it...but anyway, I ate someone else's food. I stole food, essentially. Then I came home and ate more. Yuck. I felt so disgusted with myself....and the shame was horrible - she'll probably go back to work and wonder who ate a bunch of the food on her desk. How embarrassing. I decided to quit fighting it and I looked up online OA meetings this morning. (I was in OA for a long time but quit like six years ago.) It just so happened there was one starting then, so I sat in on it. It was actually quite good...the topic was "drama". It was very interesting, I've never thought about drama affecting my eating but it really made sense....especially because my office is full of drama!! Work is total drama...and where do I have the most difficult time not bingeing? Work! Wow, it was very eye-opening. There was tons of online meetings so I may have to do more of them.

I'll check back later when I can write 8 days. :smile:
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 11
    Binge 3 (12/7, 12/8, 12/13)

Didn't make some of the best choices today, but it is what it is. I have wanted to binge today, but haven't mainly b/c my husband is here and I usually only do it when I am alone. Ended up in the emergency room last night with my 3 year old, he is fine but that is always stressful. Didn't get much sleep b/c he is up b/c he is so uncomfortable so not much sleep the past couple days. I am so sad and depressed over the shootings in CT. I will be home alone tomorrow (only the kids will be here) so I need to keep that in mind and plan out what I am eating. I want to break the cycle of binging all weekend, I don't know when the last binge free weekend was. I hope everyone has a good weekend! Thanks for all the wonderful support in this group!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 9
    The Binge - 5

Logging days - 14 / 31
  • motylekcytrynka
    Options

Tempted to binge after lunch, I had overate. Talked to someone on here, got over it, walked.... it helped.
    But man, I didn't have much calorie allowance left - the sugar was making my hunger come back not soon after... I wanted to eat, so I did.... too much. Today was a binge day. I either want a perfect day or my mess ups drive me to a binge. I don't know what to do sometimes. I really am trying. I was the same weight as I am now, last year... yeah - that's how successful I have been at weight loss. --- 3 steps forward, 4 steps back --- is what I feel like I'm doing to myself.

I understand you completely. If I slip, even slightly, I feel like I lost and if I lost... I start eating. I also have more steps back than forward recently. Let's try this together today. For me, it won't be easy with bloated stomach and whole day on university, but let's try.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

I understand you completely. If I slip, even slightly, I feel like I lost and if I lost... I start eating. I also have more steps back than forward recently. Let's try this together today. For me, it won't be easy with bloated stomach and whole day on university, but let's try.

thanks, yes... we shall do this.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    http://www.eruptingmind.com/overcoming-feelings-of-inadequacy-from-the-subconscious-mind/

Helpful site for people who feel inadequate or battle negative self talk - explains stuff.

"Successful people learn from their failures and move on. Unsuccessful people become consumed by their failures which then keeps them locked in the past."
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 9
    The Binge - 5
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    "Successful people learn from their failures and move on. Unsuccessful people become consumed by their failures which then keeps them locked in the past."
    Good quote! Thanks!