December Check In and Chat Thread

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

That does make sense in terms of the SL program. I was planning on just doing a deload or rest week after I'm done the initial 12 week program so I think I'll stick with that unless I really start to stall out. I have to travel for work in a couple weeks and will be unable to lift for about 5 days, so that will kind of serve as a rest week!

Thank you!

Mehdi does recommend a rest week after 12 weeks.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

That does make sense in terms of the SL program. I was planning on just doing a deload or rest week after I'm done the initial 12 week program so I think I'll stick with that unless I really start to stall out. I have to travel for work in a couple weeks and will be unable to lift for about 5 days, so that will kind of serve as a rest week!

Thank you!

Mehdi does recommend a rest week after 12 weeks.

I like a deload week rather tha a rest week - just do 50% of your work weight and go home. Keeps the muscles and joints moving and prevents your week "off" from turning into 2. Plus it gives you a little exercise.

Just make sure your deload week is honestly deloaded. If you drop to 50% but then run 30 miles that week it doesn't really count as REST.
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like a deload week rather tha a rest week - just do 50% of your work weight and go home. Keeps the muscles and joints moving and prevents your week "off" from turning into 2. Plus it gives you a little exercise.
    I like your reasoning here. Helps keep momentum :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    As usual, thank you all for your wonderful advice and words of wisdom! This support thread is by far one of the best I've been part of!

Happy New Year to all of you fantastic ladies!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    After three weeks and eight workouts, I'm starting to feel like I'm going to fail on a few exercises. I still have tons of room to move on deadlifts at 100, and my squats at 100 would be going great if it weren't for my knee. Overhead press at 50 was killer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have trouble with 55. Keeping my form on rows is really tough. Bench is okay, but I've felt like I'm pushing it the last few times.

I'm well above the weights I was doing 3x10 on NROLFW right before I started SL, so that feels fantastic.

I'm toying with only lifting two days a week, to try to balance exercise with other priorities, you know, like my job. :D I am swimming one day and I need to run one day for my sanity, and realistically, I only have two other days to work out. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Keep being awesome, chicas!