Tuesday - Goals

Options

Replies

• MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My goal is to set mini goals. this way I feel I'm making progress as opposed to "I still have all that ways to go" This month I'm going to start with one goal, my water intake, and once I have that down, hopefully a week or two, and then add another goal. This way I gradually build on all the good habits I want to make a part of my life and don't feel so overwhelmed by trying to implement them all at once.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    1) Lose 52 pounds

2) be better about taking my vitamins everyday

3) Log more consistently, the good and the bad

4) run a 5K

5) start lifting heavy at the gym
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2013 are:

1. Lose 40 pounds
    2. Get my energy back
    3. Stay off diabetes, bp and cholesterol meds (doc has warned if I don't lose the weight, I will be back on said meds)
    4. When I do lose these extra pounds, keep up with my eating and exercise plan so I do not gain it all back!
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Be a better me.
    2. Try out eating more calories and see if I continue to lose weight...here's hoping! If not, go back to the way I was doing it before (mfp's calorie guideline.)
    3. Get back on track after the holidays and continue on this journey to a healthier place!!

Happy New Year everybody!!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I realized a few years ago that New Year's resolutions and long term goals are not for me. A whole year is too long for me to focus on anything Instead I have some short term goals. I'm still recovering from an injury, so mainly I'm concerned about getting back on track.
    1. Get back to the gym next week (when I should be fully healed).
    2. Give away or throw out any candy/baked goods people got me for xmas. I don't want any of it anymore, but keep eating it because it's there.
    3. Use the StreamFit membership that came in my Klutch box.
    4. Find a new source of protein that I like (I don't like meat and I can only eat so much dairy). If you know a good low cal, low sugar protein bar/drink, let me know

A little longer term:
    1. Lose 2 pant sizes before my Ireland trip in June.
    2. Earn the $100 coupon on earndit and treat myself to new workout clothes from Body Rock.
    3. Use the weight room at my gym.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This weeks goal is to not overdo it and cause 1 greats days of exercise to cost me to not be able to workout the following 2. I need to remember my hip is not 100 percent yet neither is my knee. I need to remember not to do more than my injury can handle.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Goals this year are:

1. Reach my goal weight (Hopefully by summer)
    2. Track EVERYTHING and keep myself accountable.
    3. Become comfortable with who I am - no matter what size.
    4. Get a better outlook on life.
    5. Be the best friend I can be to all my MFP friends!

This week my goal is to eat clean (aiming at 100% but already failed on that one yesterday). I also want to stop using my work hours as an excuse to not go to the gym (on overnights this week).
  • fergie2812
    Options
    my goal today is to go to bed and NOT have any chocolate or coke in the night. I know it is not doing me any good and it is a hard habit to break (cue song!!!)
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to get in 5 days of activity. I walked the treadmill yesterday for 20 min. I'm planning to do Yoga and swimming from 8-11 today. We will see if I stick to my guns! Have a week full of accomplished goals everyone!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to make it through my first day back to work, then come home and get my workout in no matter how late it is.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    To lose the 5lbs total this week (losing 3 of the lbs that I gained this weekend celebrating my husbands birthday)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to keep my water intake up as I'm not too good at this. I am also going to map out a calendar with which type of activity I'm doing each day for the rest of the month. Then post it on the fridge like a kids chore chart. That way everyone in the house will see it and know if I'm getting a "star" each day or not.
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to stay motivated...in everything. I need to continue tracking and excercising, but my weight loss from last week is keeping me motivated to do that already for this week. However, I also have to remain motivated to go to work everyday, and get the thousands of things that need to be done, actually done to prepare for my daughters birthday party this weekend. It's just a small party, but having to do that on top of everyday chores, when I am already exhausted from work will be difficult. I like making to-do lists to keep me on track and motivated, but this time seeing all that had to be done, kinda backfired, and is making it feel daunting instead.

I hope everyone can reach their goals this week!
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:

1. Lose at least 1 pound
    2. Do some form of exercise everyday..even on my rest day if its just a slow paced walk for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Continue to log all my food and exercise daily.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Drink more water!! That is my main goal. I plan to cut down to 1 soda a day (7UP) and the rest of my fluids will be water.
    Other goals: Lose 40 pounds and be at hubby's weight. Lose another 45 to be in "healthy" range. Do the whole 30 day shred without having to stop for air. Walk 1 mile, then 2, 3, 4, 5 without feeling like I want to die. Raise my self-esteem to where I feel like I'm beautiful. There's more but I thought that would work for now.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Goals for today.

-Go the gym after dropping off the kids
    -Going to park after work with kids.
    Burn at least 500 calories, and stay under calorie count.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    *continue to drink water and not pop
    *ZUMBA (I got it last night!!)
  • maryannsaunderspreston
    Options
    My goal is to lose enough weight to where I feel good about myself. I don't know if I really have a certain goal weight, as of yet, but just to feel good! I don't really have a lot of self esteem, and when I am out with my husband, I can't help but wonder what people might be thinking. My husband is thin and tall, and it makes me wonder if people are thinking or saying behind my back," what is he doing with something like that?!" To my husband I am beautiful. He just worries about my health. I want to be able to walk in a store holding his hand and not be wondering if people are secretly laughing at us. Does this sound stupid? Maybe it's all in my head, but I can't help it.
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose enough weight to where I feel good about myself. I don't know if I really have a certain goal weight, as of yet, but just to feel good! I don't really have a lot of self esteem, and when I am out with my husband, I can't help but wonder what people might be thinking. My husband is thin and tall, and it makes me wonder if people are thinking or saying behind my back," what is he doing with something like that?!" To my husband I am beautiful. He just worries about my health. I want to be able to walk in a store holding his hand and not be wondering if people are secretly laughing at us. Does this sound stupid? Maybe it's all in my head, but I can't help it.

This is not at all a stupid thought, and I would venture many of us (including myself) think this. We'll keep working hard together, and we will get there!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to have another good weekend. Like I said before weekends are the hardest for me and last weekend I did great.
    So I hope to have a good weight loss this week. Saturaday is my actual weigh in day.......