Thursday - Truth

Options

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Truth is I struggle every night NOT to late night binge. I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm sneaking the bite in the middle of the night. Anyone else feel this way?

Not always in the middle of the night but I have that issue at work. I work in a large Law Enforcement office and there are ALWAYS snacks in the back. Just tonight I went back and there were cinnamon rolls... I took just a sliver. But that was so good that I finished the rest.
  • Lmezz11
    Options
    Truth: I am fully aware of what it takes to lose weight and get fit but I lack the determination to get me there. I patrially think I sabotage myself because I don't have a SO and I blame it on my weight. I am afraid that if I lose the weight I will still be alone and won't have the weight to blame for it.

* Wow that was really hard to admit to myself.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Truth is I struggle every night NOT to late night binge. I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm sneaking the bite in the middle of the night. Anyone else feel this way?

I definitely do! I failed last night. I get done with the day, finish my food diary, just barely under/right at my calorie goal, feeling really good about myself and my food choices for the day, then I decide I can stay up a little later and watch some tv because I don't have to work the next day...and that triggers my inner fridge raider. Grrrr. I need to just go to bed!

Done being mad at myself for last night. Got up and did some Wii Fit free step to start the day and will do better tonight!!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Not so much at night, but during the day. Like yesterday at work when there was cookies. I stood in the kitchen and quickly ate one before anyone came in and saw me.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Truth is I struggle on the weekends making good decisions. I'm going to try to do it different this weekend. (we'll see)
  • gavins1mimi
    gavins1mimi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The last 45 minutes of my day can completely undo the previous 15 hours of good, healthy eating and control. I get so frustrated with myself!
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    it royally pisses me off that my mother-in-law doesn't think i am good enough for her son when she DIDN'T even raise him! she didn't and doesn't want anything to do with him. so why do i bother her? she actually called me a gold digger the very first time i met her! when i met my hubby he was living in a one bedroom appartment where he had to share the kitchen and bathroom....AND he rode a bicycle to work! oh hell ya i am a gold digger! LOL.

* the hubby has told me not to worry about this as he has no feelings towards his mom at all, but it still makes me so mad
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My truth - I want another child and have been trying, but I am afraid I won't be able to handle another one. I feel like there is barely enough time in the day as it is, and with a new baby I may lose my mind.
  • maryannsaunderspreston
    Options
    The truth is that when I think about not eating and try to watch what I eat; that is when I eat the most. I think about it so hard that it's like my brain sends a panic message to my belly making me think I am going to starve myself. Then I just start binge eating! Am I alone in this? Does anyone else get these urges?
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really doubt my committment to this weight loss journey more days than not, whether it's a good or bad day. I keep going, so I know I am committed but it doesn't feel that way, esp if I slack for a day.
  • Lmezz11
    Options
    The truth is that when I think about not eating and try to watch what I eat; that is when I eat the most. I think about it so hard that it's like my brain sends a panic message to my belly making me think I am going to starve myself. Then I just start binge eating! Am I alone in this? Does anyone else get these urges?

Yep! Dealing with this as we speak :ohwell:
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Truth: I am fully aware of what it takes to lose weight and get fit but I lack the determination to get me there. I patrially think I sabotage myself because I don't have a SO and I blame it on my weight. I am afraid that if I lose the weight I will still be alone and won't have the weight to blame for it.

* Wow that was really hard to admit to myself.

That fact that you can admit that to yourself means you are getting stronger and that is a positive. Good for you.
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I begrudge every little calorie they take away from me when I lose a pound or two :devil:
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Truth is...even if I make it to goal weight, I know I still won't be happy with how I look. I never really have been since teenagehood, even though I was never heavy until after my 2nd child. I should be happy with where I am now as compared to where I was, but.... I just can't seem to be.
  • myluv4lifgros
    myluv4lifgros Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I, like so many others have eluded to, am a closet eater. I will do a really good job in front of people, but when I am alone watch out! My biggest struggle is the 45 minute drive I have to and from work every day. It's so easy to go through the drive through. Or, I go to Walmart for something we need and end up buying a box of cookies...and eating the whole thing. I've decided I have to indulge responsibly. Making that happen is going to take some time.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I cheated over the holidays. Two or three days well over 2000 calories, but since I have really tried to buckle down staying under calories and exercising and staying moving, but my scale isn't moving. I'm scared I've messed something up. I'm up and down three pounds day to day, water I know, but I can not get below my 266 I don't know what I'm doing wrong now.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm in my 50s I have doubts about whether I can still lose the weight...is it too late? But I haven't given up.

No Kathy it is NOT too late. I didn't start Weight Watchers until I was age 60 and lost 45.8# in one year through very hard work, lots of prayer and mostly God's help. We (You) can do it if we really want to be healthier and feel better about ourselves.

I have no doubt that you can do it but now YOU must have faith in yourself. God promised to give us our need and we need to be healthier.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    Phil. 4:19
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Truth: I absolutely hate water. I am drinking 9 glasses a day only through sheer determination. I really hate that it has no flavor. I love soda. I gave up Dr. Pepper and have been drinking 7UP but trying to cut it out to only drink water. I need to get some no cal, no sugar flavorings that I can use or else I see myself saying I am drinking water but actually drinking 7UP instead. :(
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I did not exercise all of last week, just some light walking. This morning I weighed myself and gain a pound. I am :angry: at my self for not exercising, will try to do better this week.

Today I weighed in and gained. :mad:
    1/10 ---- 192 lbs
    1/17 ----
    1/24 ----
    1/31 ----
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! It really helps!

Now that I'm in my 50s I have doubts about whether I can still lose the weight...is it too late? But I haven't given up.

No Kathy it is NOT too late. I didn't start Weight Watchers until I was age 60 and lost 45.8# in one year through very hard work, lots of prayer and mostly God's help. We (You) can do it if we really want to be healthier and feel better about ourselves.

I have no doubt that you can do it but now YOU must have faith in yourself. God promised to give us our need and we need to be healthier.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    Phil. 4:19
    [/quote]