Thursday - Truth

Options

Replies

• jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I begrudge every little calorie they take away from me when I lose a pound or two :devil:

:laugh: I think this is me too!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am more in love with my husband today than I was yesterday! He is supporting me in my injury and my health. He is amazing!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid.

Afraid that I won't be able lose the weight.
    Afraid that once I lose the weight, I'll sabatoge my loss and gain it all back like
    Afraid that once I lose the weight, my husband won't find me attractive....all I can see myself looking like is tons of loose skin and all wrinkled up. I KNOW he loves me and he always will....but I can't help thinking this way...
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    I do well during the day but....my name is Kathy and I confess I'm a recovering nighttime binge eater.:embarassed: I'm working really hard on controlling this problem but I have to have a snack before bedtime. I've learned to save calories so I stay under but it is really difficult for me. I'm a work in progress. :ohwell:
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Truth is I did not exercise this week at all. My husband is home sick from work. So I have been just taking it easy this week.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Truth- I know that weight flactuates and it is completely normal to gain and lose a pound or two depending on several factors day to day. But Im addicted to weigh myself and do it eveyday, and if I did all the right things the day before, and the scale didnt budge even a tad or maybe even went up alittle I get really sad over it! I know it happens and doesnt mean anything, but I just cant seem to get it out of my head!
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    truth is...im failing :( my eating habits are much better but Im afraid im going to binge any minute. I haven't been able to get off my *kitten* all week to exercise. I just cant bring myself to exercise! :(
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I am more in love with my husband today than I was yesterday! He is supporting me in my injury and my health. He is amazing!

Awww, this made me smile. You are a very lucky lady!
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am working WAY too hard.
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday. Last year I committed to getting healthy. This year I am recommitting. I feel better and I have learned to ask for what I need. This is a great gift!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday. Last year I committed to getting healthy. This year I am recommitting. I feel better and I have learned to ask for what I need. This is a great gift!

Happy Birthday!
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    truth i did not log in thursday was feeling low
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time trusting co-workers.....I don't trust one of them
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've felt like a slug since Saturday. I've not been meeting my 4,000 step goal and have had a problem getting up out of bed before 11 a.m.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Truth: My husband is on holidays until next Wednesday. I have absolutely no desire to care about my food and exercise in that time.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been obsessed by the scale. Even though I post once a week, I find myself getting on the scale every morning. This has got to stop. I know it's not just about the number.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You said, "On the other hand, I love greasy, spicy, sugary, cheesy, chocolatey, high calorie, low nutrition junk food. I could be full and still find room for more ... which is exactly how I got into this mess in the first place. "

I found that the low-LOW carb diet eliminated almost all of my cravings. Greasy is OK. Spicy is OK. SOME cheese is OK (because of the sodium content, I need to restrict it so I buy only the finest cheeses available). Chocolaty is something that I get from my "Syntrax Nectar 'Chocolate Truffle" protein shake. The "Cookies & Cream" shakes are delicious, but they have five carbs as opposed to zero. Junk food is just not appealing any more. But I do like an occasional bourbon from time to time, but I remember to drink a glass of water and a cup of coffee for every drink I pour.

Have you heard about the study that shows that the "dwarf wheat" that is used in breads and other flour-based products is addictive. It actually makes you hungry. Dwarf wheat is a new, genetically engineered wheat. It will keep you craving carbs.

My answer was to eliminate them. It worked for me.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The truth is I also find that I do better eating low carb. And that as long as I stay away from white flour and sugar (pasta,bread,sweets etc, I lose my cravings plus weight) I follow the primal blueprint plan to a certain extend. I do tweak it so I can make it a lifestyle I can live with.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    :wink: The truth is I have nothing to share today. Happy Thursday all!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Truth is......my losing weight and getting into shape is causing problems at home. Hubby thinks that after almost 24 years of marriage, I am doing all this to attract someone else. He thinks when I go downstairs to exercise, it is to avoid him, so I told him that I won't exercise if he is at home. I'm extremely hurt and frustrated. I'm just venting....sorry everyone.