Sunday - Sharing

Options
FuzzieJelly
FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
Share something about yourself to the group. Tell us a little about you. Don't forget to checkout the scripture for today.

Replies

• dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    HI! Ill start sharing :) Im 28 years old, a mom to 4 kids 2 boys ages 11 and 4 and 2 girls ages 8 and 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart. we have been together for 13 years married 10 of those. I am currently 195.8 lbs and 5 foot 2 so as you can imagine im a little bit rounder than i would like.. I have always struggled with my weight. In high school i was anorexic and weighed 80 lbs and was hospitalized after passing out at my dr checkup.. I thought i was going to die. I vowed that day to never be that small again. After having my first child i lost weight 3 days after he was born i was in my size 3s and was like wow! After my second baby I developed Post Partum depression and took to food to make me feel better. i gained weight and gained and couldnt lose it. Since then I have had 2 more babies and the weight just kept coming. I have been diagnosed with a number of health problems all of which my diet has no effect on but if I dont lose weight I could die alot sooner. So here I am on a weight loss journey to make me healhtier for my children, my husband, and myseslf. After all we deserve it!! Good luck to everyone who is doing this 52 lb challenge :)
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM who is 42 years old, been married 23 years, 2 girls, Kayla 22 and Lacy 17. I am 5 ' so as you can imagine I'm a little bit of a short fat girl. So here I am on a weight loss journey to make me healthier for my God, myself, my husband and children. After all we deserve it!! Good luck to everyone who is doing this 52 lb challenge :)
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I am a single 25 yo who works in Law Enforcement. I love my job but crazy hours make it difficult to follow a diet and exercise plan, not to mention a sleep pattern. I work with the most amazing people! I moved away from everything I have ever known about 2 years ago to come here and it has been a challenge. I actually feel like I am in a giant rut in my life right now and hoping that working on this goal will help with that. Can't wait to read about everyone else!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathy, 53 years old, never married and living in Georgia. I can't remember a time when I did not struggle with my weight. I'm tired of being on a life long diet that obviously has not worked. This new journey with MFP is a lifestyle change. At 53 if I don't lose it now then when. I have a wonderful family with loads of nieces and nephews whom I love to spoil...they're the children I didn't have. I have a group of very supportive friends, some of whom are on MFP as well.. We love to travel as a group...my profile picture was taken on a trip to Costa Rica in 2011. During that trip 3 of us challenged each other and zip lined (11 lines). Terrifying but I did it at 230 pounds.

I don't want my weight to hold me back from taking these great trips and challenging myself with great activities. This is our year. I know we all can do this. Looking forward to reading everyone's story.
  • Michy737
    Michy737 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michy. I am 25 years old and from Texas. I have been overweight since I hit puberty, but I can only blame a bit of that on hormones, the rest is from chocolate. I have tried many times to lose weight, but always failed and went back to eating junk food. I have been married for four years and my husband can be both my biggest supporter and my worse enemy. We both have gained weight since being married because we would let each other indulge in our cravings. I have two cats, Ronin and Teyla, and a black lab named Adria that would definitely like to be walked more often. In 2010 I was diagnosed with CIDP, a neurological disease similar to MS. I take a infusion medication monthly to keep my nerves in working order, but I am hoping to be off the meds soon! I know getting both my weight and my general health under control will do wonders for every aspect of my life. I look forward to this year and what it has in store for us all!! :-)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Leslie. I'm a 44 year old real estate secretary, so I sit on my butt alot! LOL. I've been married for 23 (will be 24 in february) years and have two daughters. Kara is 21 and Rachel is 19. I wish I knew exactly what it was that triggered the determination to lose the weight for good this time. I think it is a culmination of many things, health issues, age, relationship issues, Kara moving out. But whatever it was, I'm here and very happy to have found this group. I hope to make many new friends over the journey we've chosen to embark on together. I've already made a couple and appreciate their support. Thank you.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am 47 years old and a nurse. I live in San Antonio Texas. I am also a grad school student,so I stay pretty busy! I am really hoping to work past this horrible weight loss stall I am on! I am looking forward to sharing everyone's journey over the next 52 weeks :)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    im a 36 y/o SAHM who homeschools, gardens, raises farm animals, bird watches and has rheumatoid arthritis and had breast cancer at age 34. Im looking forward to losing weight, any weight but if i can do 52+ in a year, id be jumping for joy.
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lisa, 44 years old, married to the same wonderful guy for almost 24 years. We only had one child, a daughter that is 21 and is married now. Hopefully one day she will give us some grandbabies to spoil! I stay at home with my yorkie baby, Zoey. I also have struggled with my weight off and on all my life, I have lost over 100 pounds at least 3 times in my life and have gained all or most of it back two of those times. This last time I was able to maintain my loss for almost 2 years and thought I had it licked but then I just slacked on the exercise until I wasn't doing any, just started eating things I shouldn't and before I knew it, I had gained 40 pounds back!! I can only blame myself and all those trip through the buffet lines!!

On a good note, I am back and I am determined to get this weight off before I put all of it back on. Love the friends and support on this site!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am probably the busiest person I know. I am a wife, and a mother to two children, 2 years old and 5 years old. I work fulltime and go to school online fulltime, Im a Sunday School teacher, and I love to coupon in the very few times I get a chance. Im the only housekeeper and cleaner in my casa, although the kids try to help, dont ever get it right though. I attend two bible studies, one just for women, and one dedicated to married couples with kids. We love to go on vacations at least once a year and go do a little traveling.

One super exciting thing, I wil be knocking one of those previosuly listed items off my list in May. I graduate with my Bachelors from NAU. I've never been so excited and proud of myself in my life. Heck I started AFTER having my family, bawled my eyes out many nights cause I was too overwhelmed, but stuck to it. Gahhhh Im so happy!

Also, I started my journey in August 2012 at 226 lbs, and today Im at 191. Very good considering I took the month of December off (fell off the wagon, wasnt intentional) and gained back about 10 lbs....
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am a 50 yr old mom of 5 (at the moment) kids, 16b,14g,8b,5b,4g, I homeschool the youngest 3, so I am an at home mom, but I also run a bookkeeping/tax business, a hobby farm (sort of, not too active right now) and have recently signed on to a new business venture which I hope to get rolling in 2013. I have been with my partner for 19 years now and 11 years ago we became foster parents to what are now our 16 and 14 yr olds. The other 3 kids we have fostered and now have adopted (all done about a yr and 1/2 ago). Since then we have fostered 2 others short term, hence the (at the moment) above:happy:

I have been (or thought I was as a teen - know better now) overweight or battling my weight since I was a teen, there were times when it was all ok, but I still felt not quite there. The last 15 years or so I have been battling this high weight that I started with on here (263.5) and have lost and regained 30-40 lbs over and over. This time I think is different. Just a few days before I turned 50 in Aug 2012 I made a decision to get serious and I have stuck with this (except for the few weeks around Christmas when I definitely slacked a bit) for 145 days as of today. With the new year and this challenge I hope to make it to the end of 2013 at goal, which is 160.

So glad to be on this journey with all of you.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Karen. I am 49, turning 50 in early April. I am married 22 years to a very supportive man and mom to 19 year old boy/girl twins. I work for the federal government and I am on my feet all day long. I also work crazy hours, from 4:00 AM to 12:30 PM but, thankfully, I have enough seniority to get both weekend days off. Still, I am awake at 2:30 every morning for work so it makes finding the energy for exercising difficult. I grew up the middle child of 5 kids in Illinois and moved to Vermont with my parents in 1987. I have been heavy since middle school, finding food a convenient replacement for the friends I never had. I have, for the first time since high school, been able to wear size 12 jeans again and it is a really nice feeling. I am 18 LBS away from goal. Anyone can friend me if they would like.
  • charlami
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm 41 and have no children. One of the reasons I want to lose weight is to hopefully be able to concieve. I have always been overweight for all of my life as long as I can remember. My whole family has a weight problem but I was the worst of all. I'm on a different track now and I know things are going to be better.

I've been battling surgery complications for the last 6 months and just these last 2 days I feel almost normal again. Just hope the strictures don't return again. (praying)

This winter I have been planning my garden. Last weekend my husband and I planted 2 apple and 2 peach trees. It will take a couple of years for them to produce but the idea of living off the land appeals to me. In the spring I plan to put in asparagus, spinach, green beans, cucumber, summer squash and of course some tomatoes to can. We thought we might try our hand a watermelon also to see how it goes. Even more I want to eat these veggies so all better for the strictures to stay away.
  • kelcity
    kelcity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Happy Sunday. I'm a 29 year old, very single, teacher from Virginia (less than 2 weeks until my 30th birthday!). I was never a skinny girl; growing up, I was always the tallest and biggest of my friends. However, I wasn't necessarily fat as much as I was bigger and more developed than other girls my age. During my senior year in college I experienced a major weight gain, and all a sudden I went from being a big girl to a fat girl. I always felt there was something wrong...how you do gain that much weight when your diet and exercise has not changed? After several years of continuous weight gain and many trips to various doctors, I was finally diagnosed with PCOS when I was 26. Hearing my endocrinologist tell me that I can diet and exercise my behind off and possibly not see any weight loss made me a bit depressed. However, I joined Weight Watchers, and loss about 30 pounds over the course of a year. Then I hit a major plateau, and WW stopped working for me. So I tried various other diets that left me hungry and grumpy. I stumbled onto MFP, and I'm hoping this will help me finally gain control of my weight.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well, i'll be 36 next week and I am a working divorced mama. I actually was always very thin for most of my life and never felt that I had too much of a concern. Ever since I turned 30 my body no longer liked the food i was putting in my mouth and let me know! All the weight slowly started creeping on. In my mid 20's I was at the gym almost every day and I had just made it apart of my routine (after the divorce). I had already started going to the gym a little less once my son started going to school because I hated taking him to the kidcare each evening and felt guilty not spending enough week time together. It seems like when I started dating, the guys introduced food that I no longer ate back into my diet and took up time that I used to go to the gym. So I started going less and less until for some reason i rarely went to the gym! I'm so dissapointed in myself for letting that happen because I probably would be doing fine weight wise if I just kept it up or made sure that I squeezed it in. Now that is all going to change, because I am no longer going to make excuses or blame others for my choices. If I want to get back in a place where I'm happy in my skin, I have no choice but to make the right choices in making that happen.
  • NotSoThinMe
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mother of 3 wonderful boys who keep me very busy!! I am also a nursing student, I have 2 semesters to go to claim the title RN :) I also have the best boyfriend ever who makes a lot of what I do possible!! When I am in between semesters tracking my calories and working out is so easy, its when I start school that my life becomes CrAzY and I sometimes feel there is just not enough time in the day to accomplish all that needs to be accomplished. This semester I am hoping to do things a little different and manage my time better, even if it means getting up earlier before my family awakes to sneak in my workout!! That is my plan anyway :) Good thing is, when I am in school I am able to track my food better and I seem not to eat as much because I am so busy. I am hoping for some good numbers this year both on the scale and on my measurement tape :) As I have learned this last couple months is as long as one is going down, you are doing something right!!
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 year old teacher and mom. My two boys are both in college now and I have a lot more time now to focus on losing the weight that I have repeatedly lost and gained since they were born. I am excited to have found MFP and this group to keep me motivated and on track. When I don't log my food, I eat too much of everything! Good luck to everyone. We have made it through most of the first week of 2013 already!
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm Meredith, a 41-year-old divorced teacher and mom of 3 (17, 14, 11). My job has always kept me really busy, logging 60 hour weeks, but I'm starting to feel that my experience (this is my 8th year teaching) is starting to make a difference and I don't have to work quite as hard. I've struggled with my weight since high school, though I did have a really successful loss using Weight Watchers after my third child was born. At that time I was helped by the fact that I was nursing and running around after a bunch of kids in my preschool program. Now I've gone through menopause which is making the weight come off much more slowly. I've recently gotten into running. I'm doing the couch to 5K program and I love it. I'm super slow, but I'm out there running at least an hour and a half each week.
  • maryannsaunderspreston
    Options
    Hello friends!!! I am 32 years old. I'm married, 4 years and counting, and I have 3 step sons and 2 daughters. The boys don't live with us, so we don't get to see them as much as we would like too. My girls are ages 4 yrs, and 3 months. I am currently in college at Limestone College where I am majoring in Elementary Education. I will do my student teaching this semester and graduate in May. I am praying that God opens a door for me to start my career next fall. I am looking forward to being a part of this group, and working to get healthy in the weeks and months to come!!
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everybody! I am 29, going to turn 30 in March. I'm married with a 3 year old boy who is the center of my world! I'm a nurse, currently at a cardiac office. I'm a phone nurse, so I help people that call in with cardiac related issues. I have always struggled with my weight, but it came to a head when I had almost gotten back up to my highest weight during pregnancy, and my son was about to turn three years old. Not only had I not lost any of my baby weight, I almost weighed as much as I did at nine months pregnant! I was disgusted with myself, so one day I logged on to MFP, and I haven't looked back. It amazes me sometimes how easy it has been, and then some days I feel like it's the hardest journey yet! I think all in all, now that I am starting to be able to tell a difference in my body and other people are noticing it too, that I am finally beginning to find myself again. I cannot wait to see what this year brings!