Sunday - Sharing

Options

Replies

• zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a full house to feed. Hubby and I were alone for a month, but then plans changed. Both girls and their boyfriends are back in the house living with us. Due to finances both girls need to move back in with us temporarily. It's going to be interesting.

Anyone else have children move back in? How did it go? How did you survive the whole thing? Any tips?

My daughter and her boyfriend moved in with my hubby and I a couple of years ago. They had been renting a house with another couple and the house went into foreclosure so they didn't have a place to live. They were here with us for about 6 months and honestly it was rough!! It's totally different when your kid/kids are living home but then they kinda bring somebody in with them and it is hard for all those different people with different tastes, opinions, views living together!! I am a very private person and I love routine but all that went out the window lol..but as a mother, there isn't anything in this world I wouldn't do for my daughter and we made it through! The things I had to learn to accept and deal with was not to sweat the small stuff, like when my house was messy, my kitchen looked liked a wreck because there were different meals being cooked all the time, they had slightly different tastes in foods than we did, and everybody coming in and out at all different times because of everybody's work schedules.

Good luck, and you will survive it! It may be rough at times but then other times it's fun to have your kid/kids back home..you know they are safe and well cared for and that is the best feeling a mother can have :smile:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    For the first time in a very long time I believe I can take this weight off. I don't feel pressure....I know it's a journey. My extended family is being very supportive. I'm single but seeing a great guy. He's a great friend and he always tells me how well I'm doing.

I recently started working almost exclusively from home and this helps me tremendously get my workouts in and cook healthy meals. My home quality of life has improved so much with this change.
    I'm Kathy, 53 years old, never married and living in Georgia. I can't remember a time when I did not struggle with my weight. I'm tired of being on a life long diet that obviously has not worked. This new journey with MFP is a lifestyle change. At 53 if I don't lose it now then when. I have a wonderful family with loads of nieces and nephews whom I love to spoil...they're the children I didn't have. I have a group of very supportive friends, some of whom are on MFP as well.. We love to travel as a group...my profile picture was taken on a trip to Costa Rica in 2011. During that trip 3 of us challenged each other and zip lined (11 lines). Terrifying but I did it at 230 pounds.

I don't want my weight to hold me back from taking these great trips and challenging myself with great activities. This is our year. I know we all can do this. Looking forward to reading everyone's story.
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    one week ago today, while my husband was doing a road side repair under his truck, was run over when it suddenly went into gear.. he broke and or fractured all but five ribs on both his left and right side, punctured a lung and his chest was filled with fluid. it has been 7 days and he is out of ICU and in the trauma unit, he has the chest tube out and breathing ok. he will be home in the next few days and then the road to healing will begin, and it will be a painful one. i have to make sure he eats bone mending, body repairing foods, and i have to NOT stress eat. his journey will be a hard one but i will be there as best as i can, and take care of the home, the household, the cats and most of all my husband. i have never had this much on my shoulders and it is scary and overwhelming. Please keep us in our prayers.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Im an artist at heart. Whether my medium is jewelry, pencil, or even food. I <3 to create!
  • Michy737
    Michy737 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a military brat. My dad was an Air Force officer, now retired. I wish I had half his drive and motivation. At 59 he still continues to run 5 1/2 miles a day on top of other active activities. He is within probably 10 lbs of the weight he was at when I was born! I am glad that he has continued to work on his health as he gets older, but it only makes me feel worse that I have always struggled with mine. I hope I can be as motivated to remain healthy so that I make both myself and him proud.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    one week ago today, while my husband was doing a road side repair under his truck, was run over when it suddenly went into gear.. he broke and or fractured all but five ribs on both his left and right side, punctured a lung and his chest was filled with fluid. it has been 7 days and he is out of ICU and in the trauma unit, he has the chest tube out and breathing ok. he will be home in the next few days and then the road to healing will begin, and it will be a painful one. i have to make sure he eats bone mending, body repairing foods, and i have to NOT stress eat. his journey will be a hard one but i will be there as best as i can, and take care of the home, the household, the cats and most of all my husband. i have never had this much on my shoulders and it is scary and overwhelming. Please keep us in our prayers.

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands accident. I'm very happy to hear he is home and his healing can begin. If you need to talk, I know this is a very supportive group who will be here for you. Please feel free to add me if you would like. You and your family are in my thoughts. Leslie
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sharing day huh....let's see....I have a 9 year old blonde American cocker spaniel named Taffy. She is my third child. I love her to death and she is incredibly spoiled. Sometimes my daughters think I love the dog more than them. They are 19 & 21 and of course know better but love to joke with me about it. I tell them she (Taffy) is the perfect daughter because she always wants to spend time with me, never talks back and is a great listener. Her pic is my profile pic. Anyone else have fur babies?
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be a much more positive person-regarding myself!! I am a great cheerleader for the rest of you, but I need to make sure I can be my own cheerleader as well!
  • Cocooma
    Cocooma Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5' too! I WILL be called petite again!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Kate: I'm so sorry to hear about your husband.
    today I have a postive attitude that I will be able to get this weight off once and for all. So far this is my second weekend of eating well and not eating all weekend long.
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sharing day huh....let's see....I have a 9 year old blonde American cocker spaniel named Taffy. She is my third child. I love her to death and she is incredibly spoiled. Sometimes my daughters think I love the dog more than them. They are 19 & 21 and of course know better but love to joke with me about it. I tell them she (Taffy) is the perfect daughter because she always wants to spend time with me, never talks back and is a great listener. Her pic is my profile pic. Anyone else have fur babies?

Oh I can totally relate!! My profile pic is of my yorkie baby Zoey! My profile name is Zoeysmom08!! She turned 4 in August and I have had her since she was 9 weeks old. My daughter is 21 and she tells me often that I love Zoey more than her lol..which is totally not true but Zoey is right up there though!! Hubby also says I love Zoey more than him. I won't even plan a vacation unless I can take her with me. I won't leave her in a kennel so when we go on vacation, Zoey goes with us.

I have also said that Zoey loves me unconditionally, doesn't talk back and I can act or talk any way I want to around her and she may turn her head from side to side trying to figure me out sometimes, but she always loves me!!
  • Cocooma
    Cocooma Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm Kathy, 53 years old, never married and living in Georgia. I can't remember a time when I did not struggle with my weight. I'm tired of being on a life long diet that obviously has not worked. This new journey with MFP is a lifestyle change. At 53 if I don't lose it now then when. I have a wonderful family with loads of nieces and nephews whom I love to spoil...they're the children I didn't have. I have a group of very supportive friends, some of whom are on MFP as well.. We love to travel as a group...my profile picture was taken on a trip to Costa Rica in 2011. During that trip 3 of us challenged each other and zip lined (11 lines). Terrifying but I did it at 230 pounds.

I don't want my weight to hold me back from taking these great trips and challenging myself with great activities. This is our year. I know we all can do this. Looking forward to reading everyone's story.
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm marie 46 married for 20 years mom to 2 girls 17 and 15 . I live in upstate New York. I've been trying to lose since last sept.
  • Clare0716
    Clare0716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,
    I am 46 y/o female living with my second husband of 8 years and share custody of two teenage boys with my first husband who lives across the lake from me, I am a nurse and I have so far lost 59 lbs. My life is crazy busy and sometimes I wonder when I think too hard and I realize this is all on in my head
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am going to Florida for the first time at the beginning of Feb, with hubby and our two teens, 14 and 16. Although I have traveled a lot in the past most of it has been to Britain and the north eastern states, furthest south was West Virginia and DC (I live in Canada). So this will be a big switch for me, the only other trip south I have ever taken was to Acapulco in 1984! Looking forward to 4 days in Orlando at Universal resort.

Kate964, so sorry to hear about your husband's accident, but glad to hear he will be home soon. My thoughts go out to you and yours.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Today I was not feeling so well so I didn't eat too much nor did I make it to the gym. I pretty much just sat on the couch all day. Hopefully tomorrow I can get all my cleaning and laundry done and maybe get some cooking for the week taken care of before I go back to work on Tuesday!
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    had a tough week last week but feel more motivated than ever i can do this
  • valcladdagh
    Options
    Sunday! I am very proud of the fact that I joined a group to "move" in January and as of today I will pass my goal of 30 miles for January. With almost 2 weeks left I am looking to do at least another 15. This distance is a combo of walking video, stat bike and a bit of treadmill. Can't wait for it to be outside miles.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am a cancer survivor. For several years, I had a dark spot on the white of my right eye. Various eye doctors( I wear glasses) said to just watch it. Then, I noticed it was getting larger. In 2009, I saw a new eye doctor that wanted it checked out immediately. Within a week, I was seeing an opthamologist. That was in January. In April, I was in Philadelphia at the Wills Eye Hospital. The news wasn't good. I had a melanoma on the white of my eye. Ten days later, I was back in Philly having surgery. The melanoma was removed and the diseased white was replaced with donated amniotic membrane. In August that year, a lymph node was removed to make sure the cancer hadn't traveled. I am now disease free. However, there is a 30% to 50% chance of the cancer returning so I will have to see doctors for the rest of my life. I want everyone here to go look at your eyes very carefully. If you notice ANY pigment in the whites that shouldn't be there, call your doctor. And don't let them blow you off, either. I was lucky. Eye cancer is rare but it kills. God bless!
  • valcladdagh
    Options
    Wow, very moving, I have never even heard of this kind of eye cancer. Thanks so much for sharing! And so glad you are cancer free.