Replies

• uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    today been watching the snow
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I so prefer hiking outside, than walking on the treadmill. Sometimes its just so blah to be in the gym. :)
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. —Psalm 1:3

Just thought I would post the verse today. I dont normally put scripture on the challenge, but I feel like I need to share it just for today.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Nothing specific to share today, just wanted to say hi to everyone and wish them a great day and a great week ahead.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    I had a great NSV today. I was cleaning out a closet and found a dress I bought last year that I loved but when I got it home I couldn't zip it up in the back. Loved the dress so decided to keep it anyway. Well I decided to try it on today. It zipped up with no problem. Still a little tight but it fit. I was so happy...and surprised.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had a great NSV today. I was cleaning out a closet and found a dress I bought last year that I loved but when I got it home I couldn't zip it up in the back. Loved the dress so decided to keep it anyway. Well I decided to try it on today. It zipped up with no problem. Still a little tight but it fit. I was so happy...and surprised.

Awesome NSV, I bet it feels great!
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Nothing really new to share today. I could share my yummy dessert I had tonight. I tools 2 gala apples and sliced them up like I was making a pie. I put them in an oven proof dish, sprinkled 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp brown sugar over all of the apple slices and mixed it up. I put them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. It was so yummy.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an excellent NSV. It even comes with its own reward--a new dress!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This is my second Sunday in a row where I just felt wiped out.

My exercise is very minimal. I recently worked up to walking an average of 2 miles a day (5,000 steps) and doing some light resistance band work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No reason for me to be tired, but I am.

This week, I just decided to go with it. I may not be where I want to be exercise wise, but I'm still giving myself permission to have ONE day a week where I do nothing.
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Just thought I would share a little this morning. I have had so many people in my life to support me and encourage me to keep up the good work in my weight loss journey. I'm not taking any vitamins, protein shakes, or any type of meds for the last month due to financial difficulties. Am I wrong for this? Please send me a private email and don't post in here. I really need to know from MFP buddies if I am doing any kind of damage to my body for not doing things right like I should be. Please respond asap.

Thank you a head of time,

Melanie
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, nothing really to share today. I hope everyone's journey is going well. Happy Sunday!
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to all! @KAR great NSV last weekend!
    My sharing this week is that I am heading to sunny Florida for a few days, Monday to Friday with my hubby and two teens, we are really only there for about 3.75 days and it will be spent doing Universal and SeaWorld. So looking forward to getting away from the snow and cold up here in Canada. Have never been to Florida before so excited to go, and haven't flown anywhere for 12 years, all of our trips have been by car with the kids. So I will not be posting on any of the daily pages this week. Will check in when I get back.
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Have a wonderful trip, Val. I don't blame you for wanting to get away. It has been bitter cold lately here in Ontario, Canada. Sharing for today huh. I guess I will share a little about my feelings on this whole weight loss thing. I'm feeling very happy about the loss but in the same breath, I am not feeling any "sexier" as I now have areas that are drooping. I've have two abdominal surgeries and now have that stupid hang on my belly. I also have lots of stretch marks that seem to be more prominent with the loss. They look like I was clawed by an animal. So that being said, part of me is very unhappy with my losses. Is this weird or what?
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I had a major breakthrough this week, haven't seen the 180's for awhile and am sooooo happy to make it back! I am really excited to see what Feb. brings!
  • LJA1968
    Options
    I had a major breakthrough this week, haven't seen the 180's for awhile and am sooooo happy to make it back! I am really excited to see what Feb. brings!

That's awesome, I'm happy for you.
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Just thought I would share a little this morning. I have had so many people in my life to support me and encourage me to keep up the good work in my weight loss journey. I'm not taking any vitamins, protein shakes, or any type of meds for the last month due to financial difficulties. Am I wrong for this? Please send me a private email and don't post in here. I really need to know from MFP buddies if I am doing any kind of damage to my body for not doing things right like I should be. Please respond asap.

Thank you a head of time,

Melanie

I AM TAKING ALL MEDS FOR MENTAL HEALTH. THE VITAMINS AND MEDS I'M NOT TAKING ARE THE ONES FOR WEIGHT LOSS ONLY. HOPE THIS CLEARS UP ANY OF THE QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE HAVE SENT ME IN EMAILS. THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT YOU ALL HAVE DONE.
  • LJA1968
    Options
    Share day. I'm a people pleaser. I always want everyone else to be happy before I think of myself. This makes my weight loss journey difficult in some ways because I tend to put myself last. It has been a learning and growing experience thus far as I come to realize that those closest to me want me to be happy as well.
  • uniquesarah
    Options
    about 10 years ago i got really really bad depression i could not get up in the morning and could not leave the house without one of my family i still get a little bit of depression but nothing like before it has taken a long time but with the love and support of my family i got better and i am very happy and i have come such a long way
  • LJA1968
    Options
    about 10 years ago i got really really bad depression i could not get up in the morning and could not leave the house without one of my family i still get a little bit of depression but nothing like before it has taken a long time but with the love and support of my family i got better and i am very happy and i have come such a long way

That's wonderful that you are doing so much better. I've had bouts of depression in previous years as well. You should be so proud of yourself for doing as well as you are. I know it's not easy. Way to go!
  • uniquesarah
    Options
    thanks the supportive community on here really helps