Day 1 of our next 50!!!!

Options

Replies

• hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goals for this first 50 days are (drumroll please.......)

1. Recomit to NO SODA. Had a Christmas relapse.
    2. Workout at least 2 times a week
    3. Recomit to eating better.
    4. Start C25K
    5. Start NROLFW
    6. Lose 10 pounds.
    7. Do some sort of physical activity 3 times a week.
  • cardgirl48
    Options
    Hi, I am Mary. In fifty days I would like to lose 10 pounds. Cook at home. Stop eating out. Walk more. and Work at staying gluten free and make more friends.
  • Slim_ribbons
    Options
    id like to really stick to my meal plans and workout more.
    also i would love love to loose 10 pounds
  • laconesa
    laconesa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to recommit to my fitness plan! And log all of my food - I've gotten out of the habit and that has been dangerous.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress.

lee
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    Awesome goals everyone! I'm excited to be a part of the 50 Day Challenge :)

I'm also starting a very cool new job on the 2nd, so I decided I might as well start improving my health and develope a healthier lifestyle for the new year.

My goals are the following:

-Get more sleep!!
    -Drink more water
    -Join a gym and start lifting again
    -Plan meals and eat healthier
    -Cut back on drinking
    -Don't get down on myself if I have a slip up
    -Stop stressing!!!!

Relax, have fun, and enjoy the ride :)
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    My goals are the following;

- Work out at home at least 4 days a week and do one exercise program at the community center
    - I'd like to lose at least 15lbs
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    - Record everything that I eat.
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    My Goals:
    1) Start and finish 30 Day Shred!
    2) Work out every day for atleast 30min.
    3) Not binge.. I need to lose weight!
  • cweavertx
    Options
    GOALS:

- My true goal was (and remains) 40 lbs by my birthday (13 June). For this "50 Day Challenge" it's a consistent 1.5 lbs a week or more, so at least 10.5 lbs.

- Not overwork myself, but focus INSTEAD on the "fuel going in the car"! NUTRITION!! NUTRITION!! NUTRITION!!

- Motivate everyone to keep that laser focus and a "survival instinct" mentality with their personal devotions to this end.

For my part, I have an awesome article from another site i've been a member of for years (bodybuilding.com) that illustrates the point of how important NUTRITION is. I highly encourage you all to read it and take from it what you will. The link is below. Happy New Years and Happy Sweating everyone!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lose-15640-calories-without-weights.htm
  • MrsZippy34
    Options
    For me I need to get back in a routine of working out all week with no skipping, I need to find a better way to eat while at work, and I am hoping for 15 pounds lost in the next 50 days!
  • cweavertx
    Options
    I would also suggest realistic goals for everyone. It's recommended that you don't try to lose more than 2 lbs a week as anything past that you're endangering losing muscle weight instead of fat weight. One pound of fat is equivalent to 3500 calories. If you are able to build a defecit of 500 calories a day over 7 days that's one pound of fat! That defecit is acheived through proper nutrition and exercise (as MFP does a great job of showing on everyone's home page).
    The key? Find your Basal or Resting Metabolic Rate (what your body needs to function), then find the same BMR/RMR for the weight you are trying to GET to. Set your goal for your caloric intake somewhere between the two (prefereably closer to the latter) and you will see the results.
    E.G.- my current BMR is around 2400-2500 a day for my weight. For the weight i'm trying to acheive it's about 1900-2000. So my current Calorie goal a day is 2076. I'm trying to include 35% protiens and carbs, with 30% fats. Yes, I could have a faster result with 45/35/20, but I know it's already difficult for me to get at my current levels so I can live with that. As it stands i'm meeting my goals so I don't need to adjust.
    Another point is MUSCLE burns calories, fat doesn't (duh right? LOL). So why do most people avoid lifting weights? I can't answer that. What I do know is a good mixture of weight lifting (not taking about trying to lift the gym people) with a good cardio routine will work wonders. Take it to the bank or print your own money (as my dad used to say LOL!)
  • Shanisawrusrexy
    Options
    This group is fantastic, it finishes just before my Birthday which is the date i'm looking to get lose weight for! yay!
  • fitmommy2013
    fitmommy2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My goal is to learn how to stretch properly, to loose about 15-20lbs and to learn to eat better.
  • LannetteF6411
    Options
    I would like to be happy in my own skin, and hopefully try and lose 15 pounds, and see what happens from there.
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    ONE WORD:::::::CONSISTENT:::::::
  • HootayMcBoob
    HootayMcBoob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm Nicky and my goals are as follows

1. Give up drinking for at least the duration of the challenge
    2. lose 20lbs
    3. Exercise daily by taking the dog for walks
    4. Complete the 30 day shred DVD
    5. Plan my meals carefully & ditch the takeaways

I'm looking forward to checking in with you all x
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My goals is to workout on a regular basis and eat healthy. I have started doing monthly goals so my goal this month is loose 4 lbs and or 3 inches. Here's to another 50 :)
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm on 2 challenges. One for 31 days and this one.

I NEED to get back on track and back to the gym. The last couple of months have been brutal and I haven't had time for me.
    We have a family trip planned for Hawaii in May and I'd like to be down about 35 pounds between now and then, so this is going to keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    During these 50 days I would like to lose 15 lbs, get back to planning and eating healthy meals, and workout at least 4 times a week. I really struggled with overeating in the last part of 2012, as a result, I gained back most of the weight I had lost. I will not make the same mistakes this year!
  • fatbody23
    Options
    My goals:

Lift 2x per week
    Eat fresh fruits or veg. 6x per day
    Eat more nutrient rich foods
    make my lunch at home 45 of the 50 days
  • cindyb9695
    Options
    My goal for the next 50

1) NO soda
    2) exercise atleast 5 days a wk