Introduce Yourself!!

Options

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My name is Rosie, 40 yo, and hoping to lose 10 lbs by the end of this challenge. I started Ballet Beautiful X-mas day and staying strong to trim my lower body, thighs and buttocks. Happy to be part of this team!!
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Paula... I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs by the end of the challenge! I can do it! We all can! Wooot!
  • vegmomma
    vegmomma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Christy, (a vegetarian, hence vegmomma) and just turned 40 this year. I would like to lose @ 15 pounds. Maybe 20. I have 3 beautiful little girls, 6,8,10. Somehow over the past several months, I started exercising less and less and now it is almost nonexistent. Even my diet has been horrible. I feel like crap from not exercising and my now poor diet. Can't wait to get back to my old self and concentrate on putting exercise into a daily routine and watching what I eat.

So excited to be part of this challenge!!
  • Belliny
    Options
    HELLO!! My name is Belliny I'm so happy and excited to join this group!

I'm 21
    My current weight is 186 my goal weight is 145.
    In this 50 days I want to be motivated and I am sure this will do the trick.
    and if you guys want you can add me =)
    Thank you for giving me this opportunity
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi all!:drinker: My name is Joyce and I am 54. I joined MFP around June. I have about 40 pounds to lose, but I have managed to lose about 15 pounds over the past year and a half. A little frustrated that it has taken this long, but i know I have to look at myself and my choices. I need to stop making excuses and just do it!

This will be my first challenge group and I'm looking forward to making new friends and supporting each other!!
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Vanessa. I am the mother of an active 20 month old. After having my daughter I lost all the baby weight plus some with in three months but since I have gone back to work I've gained a lot of weight. This is the heaviest I have ever been at 197. I would love to get to 150 but right now my aim is at 170. Just so it won't seem like a lot at once.
  • spartania
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. I would like to lose about 15 lbs in the 50 Day Challenge - if it's more, even better. I currently weigh 214 lbs and would like to be 175 as a goal weight. After that, I would like to get to 165, but we shall see. I need to get healthy to help a recent diagnosis of PCOS...a healthy weight is the best thing for it. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • aviatrix80
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Bridget, I live in New Zealand. I'm 32, Im a single Mum to an almost 3-year-old, and I work shift work as an EMT. I love my job, I find it hard to balance my life as I'm studying also. I work in kg's but I understand pounds, thanks to watching many series' of The Biggest Loser. I'm currently 87.4kg and would love to weigh 70kg, but I'm shooting for 75 and we'll see how we go when we get there. That's 27 pounds I'd like to lose. I need to have motivation, help, support, and accountability for this to work, cos I'm sick of disappointing just myself. I really want to be healthy to enjoy activity and life with my daughter, and be a good role model for her. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to everyone :)
  • brittbap
    brittbap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20 lbs to get down to 140.

My plan:
    Strength training via stability ball, resistance band, or kettle ball exercises 3 times/week
    Cardio via elliptical or treadmill 2 times/week (hate cardio)
    Daily yoga (LOVE yoga)
    No fast food
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Melissa and I'm 24. I'm excited to lose any weight with this challenge, but my hopes are more geared toward improving my eating habits! I want to start eating and cooking healthier. I love being active and enjoy working out. Don't have a gym membership at the moment, but I like to make up my own circuits at home and am open to any other workout ideas. Looking forward to our 50 days!! :)
  • Ninjarider85
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Stephen 27 soon to be 28 on January 11. I'm 5,10. 206lbs I joined mfp to lose weight and get in shape l. I go the gym daily where I usually run atleast 2-3 miles sometimes 4. And I do the elliptical for an hour. I aim for atleast 500 calories everyre I work out. Not even 90 days ago I was 247lbs so I've dropped down from a 38 down to 34s and even the 34s I gotta have my belt right as I can pull my jeans out about. 3 inches lol. Probably need to drop down to a 33. But I have met some awesome people here and I'm looking toget down to 190 before I start weigjt training so I can be lean with good muscle mass
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. :)

Started out with a goal of losing 30 lbs and I have lost 7 so far. So excited to keep going and get toned and in better shape. Quit smoking almost 9 months ago and I am feeling great!

Can't wait to start this challenge! :)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Di. I was looking for a group where I can get support and give support and where I can stay motivated.
    I read some posts & decided to try this group: happy:

I joined GISFW (Get In Shape For Women) in April’2012 and learned much about nurtriton and goals and myself. I started MFP for logging food & exercise in May. I enjoy the rewards of meeting others who are on the journey to living a well life, and the support & knowedge MFP gives to one another.

I sprained my ankle late Spring and it was an up & down recovery for me, but appear to be back on track all around. I relearned what patience and persistence means. Many thanks to my MFP peeps for helping me stay the course.

Cheers to all for a healthy and happy 2013! :drinker:
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tammy. I'm 33, my goals are to lose a bit of fat, and gain some muscle. I've lost 11 pounds with MFP since last summer, I've been maintaining that over the last couple of months. I'd like to lose 5 more, plus gain some muscle over the next 50 days!
    Lets do this!:drinker:
  • penbev21
    Options
    I have lost 8 pds in 30 days, so my goal would be at least 14 pds.

I need to start eating healthy again-after the holiday. And, get back
    to walking and treadmill at least 5 times a week for an hour. Also
    to do some abd exercises.

I need to get this weight off! I'm so excited to have this chance to do this with other people.
    It will be nice to help each other. :smile:
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate :) I need an excuse to start shaking this weight off!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Ghette Im 44 years old, married and have 2 grown boys and i'm looking to get healthy. I met my first goal :happy: to be off B.P. medication by my birthday which was November 26. I have lost 24 pounds so far using MFP. I would like to see this challenge take me into Onederland
    Ghette
  • cardgirl48
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the invite. I am Mary. I am morbidly obese. I weigh 300 lbs. I am also gluten free. I am looking to meet new people and be less isolated.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone I joined this group yesterday and am ready for the challenge. I am Amanda, 57 years old am divorced and living in Florida with a platonic room mate. I am physically limited in what I can do for exercise as I am mostly wheelchair bound. Since this is a 50 day challenge (about 7 weeks) I will sent my goal for 15 pounds. I believe I should be able to get rid of at least 2 pounds a week. I will weigh in on Wednesday and post on that thread. Hope to get to know all of you especially those of you who are morbidly obese like myself.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm new to the group and this will be my first 50 Day Challenge. I'm excited and looking forward to it!

I'm Pam, age 58 and live in Kentucky. I joined mfp on October 20, 2011 and weighed in at 290 pounds with a BMI of 51.4. As of today, I have lost 121 pounds and weigh 169 with a BMI of 29.9. Finally moved from the obese category to the overweight category. I am currently 24 pounds away from my original goal of 145. When I started seeing my nutritionist, she asked what my goal weight was and I really didnt know, so I said to cut my weight in half. When I reach that point, I may go for another 10 pounds as my nutritionist felt going lower than 135 would not be good for me. So on that part, we'll se

I have some physical limitations, such as double knee replacements and bulging back discs. During my first knee replacement in 2005, my doctor accidently broke my leg while doing the knee replacement. It required additional surgeries and a log time in physical therapy. During that year I gained 50 pounds and it was downhill after that. The second knee replacement was in 2011 and went perfectly. Did you know that for every pound you lose, you remove 4 pounds of pressure off your knees?????? So far I've removed 484 pounds of pressure.

I'll set my goal for 15 pounds even tho the weight loss has slowed down quite a bit these last few months.

I'll be starting tomorrow, January 1st, Wednesday in the US and Wednesday will be my weigh in day or is there a set schedule for weighing in that i havent seen yet?