Introduce Yourself!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I lost 123lbs in 2012 and want to aim for at least 80 more this year.

Height: 5'6
    CW: 252
    GW 165
    DW: 145

I am mother to an extremely energetic 4 year old son (who is my inspiration for losing weight). I work from home, so I spend a lot of time at the computer.

My exercise regime is a little on the lighter side, I walk 3 to 5 times a week and have started the C25K program.
  • nexterajam
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is John, I am 46, married with 4 children from ages 4 to 19. I have never really been that big (I say that but in reality I have about 50 pounds to lose). People say that I carry it well. Boy if I had nickel for every time I heard that.

My first goal is 20 pounds. That is what I am hoping to do in the first 50 days. My second goal is the next 20. That will put me at about 200 pounds. They (the BMI charts of the Gods) say I should weigh 189 but I will be happy with 200.

Happy New Year.
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a great way to start the new year.
    In the next fifty days I plan to:
    1. Complete the challenges from this group
    2. Run 2 to 3 times a week
    3. Complete 2 training session at the gym a week (NROLFW)
    4. Log, log, log :)
    5. Encourage others along the way
    6. Lose pounds or inches or both!
  • Zoeotis
    Zoeotis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Zoe, I'm 33, Scottish, I started mfp last year got into a really good routine, ate healthy, had good excercise routine (dog walking, zumba, cycling and bodypump) and then I broke my arm and stopped the fitness classes, then I got married went on my honeymoon and got out of the trend of logging on. I went back to my first zumba class just before christmas and realised just how much I miss being fit and healthy, so I'm back starting to pick up my good habits again.
    I never really took part in the forums before so I thought it might help to keep me on track, it's good to see everyone else progressing so well.

Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

cheers :drinker:
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a 5'6" female. I joined MFP in mid-Oct with a starting weight of 198 lbs and I've lost 22 lbs (current weight 176). I would still like to lose about 40 lbs - goal weight 135 lbs. I've been eating between 1200-1500 calories per day and working out 5-6 days a week (mainly cardio). This week I am going to start incorporating strength training 2-3 days a week.

Please add me as a friend as I could use all the support I can get. I'm looking forward to being a fit and healthy person by the summer.
  • Kararenae
    Options
    My name is Kara, I am a single mother of 2 (5 and 2) and I work full time. I don't get much time to myself, I try to do cardio at least 4 days a week at work on my lunch break. I'm excited for this 50 day challenge and I wish to drop 18-20lbs. in this 50 day challenge.
  • Luv2laff
    Luv2laff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Susan. I will turn 53 in a few days and would like to lose about 10-15 lbs, but more importantly, I want to make some lifestyle changes: less loafing and more moving!
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Katie- 25 years old, 5'4, been on this up and down thing called weight loss, and finally ready to make a change. I'm 176, looking for a goal weight of 140.
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Okay, introducing myself....

I am the mom of two wonderful girls, and 8 furry kids (their pictures are on my page - Todd, Desi, Larry, Spitfire, Maximoose, Princess Cadpig, Richard and Doogie).

I spend my waking hours either reading, sewing, crocheting or anything else to avoid writing papers. I am working towards my PhD in Philosophy, with a concentration in Holistic Health. I can tell you/show you how to be healthy - but I also need to practice what I can preach.

I work full time and enjoy coming home to a wonderful husband who works from home.
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Shannon. I am madly in love with my Hubby and a Mom to 4...19,18 and 2 step sons 9,11

I am 42
    CW 134
    GW 122
    DW 117 18% body fat

I love the gym and being active! Especially heavy lifting , Zumba, Spin and hiking!
    I am a promoter of the Body by Vi , 90 day Challenge and a hairdresser.

I have put on 10lbs in the last few months and I need to get back at it! I am a wino and i love food! ;) My goals are to cut down the wine to 1 day a week and to get back to my pre-holiday eating ways.

I am going to Cabo San Lucas in 57 days...so this 50 day challenge is perfect for me to get bikini ready!

Feel free to add me!
  • edspillane
    edspillane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Can't wait to try to lose as much as possible in 2013 while getting back to running with a half marathon in June!
  • JDollS
    JDollS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, starting late hope that's ok! Keep going down then up 10lbs... Gotta get back into things again, hoping this will help. Going for the 15lb in 50'days.... Sw177...
  • irishkate83
    Options
    Hi! Kate here, 29, 5'5". I surprised myself with an all time high weight of 220 around Christmas. I've successfully lost 35 before but managed to put it all plus more back on due to depression, meds and bad habits. My first order of business is to get back under 200, where my knees won't hurt when I jog. 50 days sounds reasonable for that!

Doctor's orders are 185, but ultimately 165 is where I'd be happy to stay forever as it was my weight after HS and where I lost to before.
  • BethLynn2018
    BethLynn2018 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Im Beth! Looking for motivation and willing to motivate! :)

I started out at: 190 lbs.
    I'm currently: 180 lbs.
    My goal weight for the challenge is: 172lbs
    And my final goal weight is: 125lbs

I joined MFP a while ago but didn't actually get started until mid December.. THEREFORE, I haven't hit the "Plateau" everyone talks about. I'll definitely need motivation when that time comes because I typically give up when things get rough.

Well, glad everyone is making healthy choices! Goodluck to all!
  • musetta460
    musetta460 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I love the energy in this group. I got off track over the last few months and need to press the reset button. I am 42 with 2 kids (5 &7) and work from home. I have a very busy schedule so my challenge is to make the time to exercise and most importantly to track what I eat and try hard to not mindlessly eat (e.g. munching on kids' food or eating snacks after dinner). I like to exercise and did an indoor small triathlon last year, which was fun.

I would love to lose 12 pounds in the next 50 days. Please feel free to friend me!