Introduce yourself!

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
A very big welcome to "Jillian Michaels Body Revolution 2013". This group has been created to offer support, motivation, hints, tips and advice for those doing this amazing programme.

It's well known fact that motivation & support from others doing the same programme gives added incentive to stay committed, remain focused, push yourself harder and aim higher!

We are all on the same journey - a journey to get our bodies REVOLUTION-ISED! There will be sweat, there will be tears..there will be aches and pains.. but if you know Jillian at all, you know it will all be worth it! This woman gives you GREAT results...but they don't come for free!

LET'S DO THIS!!! :wink:

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenni. I'll be starting JMBR as soon as it arrives. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift, but it isn't sent to ship until January 8th. I plan to start as soon as I'm able to pick it up from her, so probably a couple weeks from now.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jillian's body revolution is in my plans for 2013. Right now, I'm over half done with 30 day shred and then will be moving on to ripped in 30. After that, I will either do body revolution then or I might do 1 of her other dvds first & then body revolution. I'm undecided at the moment but it may depend a lot on where I'm at in terms of fitness & weight when it gets closer to deciding. :) For now, I look forward to hearing about it thru each of you & cheering you on! :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    as the creator of the group it's only right that i introduce myself too.

I'm Dawn, I'm 34, mum of 4, and a self confessed Jillian freak. I've completed The 30 day shred, Ripped in 30 and six week six pack, but i also do random yoga meltdown, banish fat boost metabolism, No more trouble zones and Killer buns and thighs workouts from time to time too! I did stray for a little while and do 17 days of Insanity, but it really didn't float my boat, so i came back to my first love... Jillian. I originally started BR about a month ago, but due to a pulled muscle in my calf after working out bare foot :sad: and a few family issues, i dediced to postpone until after xmas when i could commit fully. I did almost 2 weeks so this time round i will be doing the 7 day kickstart workout for one week, then moving straight onto workouts 3&4. I look forward to sharing journeys with you! :flowerforyou:
  • slimsue74
    slimsue74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group!

I am a Jillian Michaels fan! I have done her videos in the past and have loved them all! Who doesn't love getting their butts whipped by her!

I just started my BR on boxing day - a Christmas Gift to myself! LOVE IT!

Look forward to checking in in the next bit...
  • ashley4968
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just started JMBR today. Is anyone interested in doing weekly measurements? I need to keep myself motivated to complete this program! Good luck everyone! :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just started JMBR today. Is anyone interested in doing weekly measurements? I need to keep myself motivated to complete this program! Good luck everyone! :)

Weekly check ins sound like a great idea! Feel free to add a topic for this if you would like to!

Welcome to the group everyone!
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dawn for starting this group & inviting me!!!!

I'm 30 married to my best friend & work full time at a desk job so need to incorporate fitness :) I just started JMBR Dec 23 so completed week 1! I didn't do the Kickstart nor am I doing the meal plan..I normally eat very healthy during the day & need to work on planning my dinners & not going out on weekends. MFP should help me track!!

YAY for JMBR loving it so far!!! :l
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Melissa and I am a 30 year old single mom of two girls (ages 7 and 3). I had started BR before but never made it past the second week. I will start this after I finish Insanity. I will be starting month 2 on Monday. I am also doing a lifting program (Venus Index) which I absolutely LOVE!

I am not sure if I am going to do the kickstart workout plan when I do start this upon finishing Insanity. I might just skip the kickstart plan and continue doing my lifting in the evenings (heavy lifting 3x week). I will not be following the meal plan though. There is no way that I could afford the foods she wants us to eat plus the foods that my girls will eat.

Dawn, I am very similar to you! I love Jillian and all of her workouts. I am so glad to see that she is going to be back on the Biggest Loser starting January! That is the one show that I watch religiously! Though I also have to admit that Bob and Dolvett are pretty easy to look at too!
  • thogan03
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Tonia, 32, mother of 3 boys, married for almost 10 yrs to the love of my life. I have to admit like someone else, I am a self-proclaimed Jillian-aholic. I have done every single one of her videos and I LOVE her!! I know most people find her harsh, but the cussing and threats just make me love her more.

Currently I am finishing Phase 1 Wk 2 with my husband. I had to fight him tooth and nail in the beginning to do this as he thought it might be a bit to girly, but after the first few workouts we race to the dvd player to turn it on.

I am so glad this group has formed and am excited to check in with all of you from day to day, week to week to see what beautiful new shapes our bodies have taken!
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Waiting for my DVDs to arrive and going to start 7th January
    I am 30 in march and after getting married June just gone I haven't been back on the food and exercise wagon since then! Kinda let myself down and I miss having a routine and I miss feeling good about me
    I have lost my confidence and hoping jillian can help me get it back for my 30th!!
    Xxx
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Welcome to the group everybody! It's good to see so much interest, and i'm hoping that the group sees lots of activity!

I wish you all the very best of luck in your Body Revolution journies, although "luck" doesn't really come into it. As with any workout, if you put the effort in..you WILL see results. Jillian may cause you pain, she may cause you to swear and want to throw things at the T.V...but she does it out of love. She means business... and these workouts WORK! :drinker:
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Tonia, 32, mother of 3 boys, married for almost 10 yrs to the love of my life. I have to admit like someone else, I am a self-proclaimed Jillian-aholic. I have done every single one of her videos and I LOVE her!! I know most people find her harsh, but the cussing and threats just make me love her more.

Currently I am finishing Phase 1 Wk 2 with my husband. I had to fight him tooth and nail in the beginning to do this as he thought it might be a bit to girly, but after the first few workouts we race to the dvd player to turn it on.

I am so glad this group has formed and am excited to check in with all of you from day to day, week to week to see what beautiful new shapes our bodies have taken!

Tonia so awesome you & your hubby do this together! My husband does every once in awhile...he seems to like JMBR. I mainly can get him to do yoga with me :) He has a very physical job as he is a finish carpenter and owns his own business (luckily very lean) so he gets worried about getting sore for work. (Although I have told him if he stuck to it he would be sore for a few wks & then stronger :))

Tonia besides this program what is your other favorite Jillian? I prob like No more trouble zones myself!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Tonia so awesome you & your hubby do this together! My husband does every once in awhile...he seems to like JMBR. I mainly can get him to do yoga with me :) He has a very physical job as he is a finish carpenter and owns his own business (luckily very lean) so he gets worried about getting sore for work. (Although I have told him if he stuck to it he would be sore for a few wks & then stronger :))

Tonia besides this program what is your other favorite Jillian? I prob like No more trouble zones myself!!

I wish my husband would join in with my workouts. Unfortunately he sees it as a "woman's programme" too, despite there being MEN on the DVD. I say he's just making excuses because it's too hard for him...:laugh:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thank you so much for starting this group Dawn! You are all going to kick Jillian's butt! I'm Peggy, 49 years old and married. I'm a huge Jillian fan - that woman knows what's she's doing! I started with 30DS in February 2012 and haven't looked back! Have completed (in order) 30DS, RI30, KB&T, 6W6P, NMTZ/BFBM combo and am halfway through my seventh week of JMBR!

This program is amazing! Each level effectively prepares you for the next. You'll end up being able to do moves and workouts you never though possible! At 49, I'm likely the 'senior' of this group but Jillian has got me in the best shape of my life! I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you exceed your expectations which will happen if you commit to the program! Enjoy!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I started with 30DS in February 2012 and haven't looked back! Have completed (in order) 30DS, RI30, KB&T, 6W6P, NMTZ/BFBM combo and am halfway through my seventh week of JMBR!

You are a Jillian pro, my friend...and you have AMAZING arms to prove it!! :love:
  • KB1127
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Kathy and I am currently in Phase 2 and will be starting Week 8 tommorrow. I am really enjoying this program so far it is so to the point with no fancy dance moves to learn or get confused by.
    I also just got a few more of her dvds which I plan on doing once I get done with the 90 days.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Kathy and I am currently in Phase 2 and will be starting Week 8 tommorrow. I am really enjoying this program so far it is so to the point with no fancy dance moves to learn or get confused by.
    I also just got a few more of her dvds which I plan on doing once I get done with the 90 days.

Welcome Kathy! Jillian does rock! So do you for reaching week 8! Well done!
  • tatash16
    Options
    Hi I'm Natashia, mother of 4, and on day 6 of the body revolution. So far enjoying the program got kinda bored in the evenings so I added the 30 day shred for something a little extra. Eating habits need a fine tuning, doing a shake in the morning, eating a healthy snack then after lunch is when I start munching..lol....hopefully when classes start on the 2nd that will change and I see awesome results!! :)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ann and my daughter (AmandaCanzo here on MFP) and I just started Body Revolution today. I have all of Jillian's stuff and am a huge Jillian fan - Ripped in 30, 30 day shred, Extreme Shed & Shred, Shred-It with Weights, all of those. I'm excited to be on board the Body Revolution and challenge myself to something new.

My daughter and I just finished Ripped in 30 - I dropped 5 inches total and my daughter dropped 11 inches total so we are excited to drop more!! :bigsmile:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    A very warm welcome to all the new members! I hope to see alot more new faces as we progress through the new year!