Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Angie. I just started Body Revolution on Monday. I only want to lose five pounds that I put on from a holiday in Australia. I'm not following the meal plan but trying to stick to 1200 cals. Loving Body Revolution!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Welcome Angie! It is an amazing program! Make sure you eat enough to fuel those workout - especially as you get further and further in! Have fun!
  • almapig1
    Options
    My name is Katherine. I am a 31 year old married lady with two cats and a dog. I am currently doing Jillian's 30 day shred. Today is Level 1, Day 5 for me and I had to take a day off after two days because I couldnt fully extend my arms since they hurt so bad. I tend to curse at Jillian a lot, but I like her results. I am not sure if I want to do the Body Revolution. I really want to see what its all about. And I want to finish 30DS first. I am also a figureskater and I am on the ice for an hour three days a week. So I wanted to find something to compliment that that would bring in some lifting.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My name is Katherine. I am a 31 year old married lady with two cats and a dog. I am currently doing Jillian's 30 day shred. Today is Level 1, Day 5 for me and I had to take a day off after two days because I couldnt fully extend my arms since they hurt so bad. I tend to curse at Jillian a lot, but I like her results. I am not sure if I want to do the Body Revolution. I really want to see what its all about. And I want to finish 30DS first. I am also a figureskater and I am on the ice for an hour three days a week. So I wanted to find something to compliment that that would bring in some lifting.

hi Katherine, i think alot of us have a love/hate relationship with Jillian!

if you enjoy 30DS then i think you will love BR, it's got the typical jillian feel, the only difference being it's in a class setting rather that just being her & 2 of her girls. I find that there are alot of strength moves in BR, of course not to the point of weight lifting, but lots to aid toning and sculpting.

Good luck with your shred, it's a fantastic programme.
  • battyash
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Ashli and I'm 28 about to hit 29 years old. I have lost 57lbs since my journey began a year ago. In the last few months i have loss just a couple pounds. i figured i needed some extra support and I love the Jillian series and just got the JMBR! I am hoping this will help get over my hump. I am in need of something to kick my bum back into gear. I am starting the DVDs on the 28th of this month.

Can't wait to meet you all and I am really excited about this new adventure!
  • DKrisAn
    DKrisAn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been doing BR, I am on Phase 2 now. I have been overweight pretty much all of my life. Three years ago I was down to 149lbs at 5'1, which was the closest I have been to goal weight. Now, I am weigh 184lbs but I am ready to blast through and get down to my goal weight of 115-120lbs. My husband and I do BR together in the evenings. I am so thankful I have my husband to help push me when i am tired and do not want to exercise.
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi to the new faces in the crowd. I am loving Body Revolution so far. I don't love it when I am sweating like a pig and feeling like I have run out of steam during the workouts lol. I do love that it is getting me moving and I can actually handle the half hour of torture a day. Jillian really makes me sweat!
  • lorasudlowmollohan
    Options
    Hi my name is Lora, I'm 27 and have 2 children :) I was once pretty petite and tiny until I got pregnant with my first and my husband was deployed as soon as we found out and through the whole pregnancy/birth. With that I gained a ton of weight. I done weight watchers when my daughter was 2 and lost some but never worked out. I finally done Jm 30ds and lost 15lbs with that. I am currently on day 6 of BR and so far am proud of me for making it the first week. :) but to make it 90 days I believe I will
    Need tons of support. :) I love all the success stories I've seen on this website, makes this journey bearable. Well I've talked y'all's ears off. But thanks and hope to make my goal and some friends :)
  • CAILSMUM
    Options
    Hi Im Sheona,31, mum of a 21mnth old. I started JMBR on 6th Jan but just found this group today :) I started at 9st 7.25lbs (133.25lbs) and im down to 9st 1.5lbs (127.5lbs). Today is start of week 4 for me and really loving the program although not so much the cardio 1!. I didnt stick to the plan strictly the first 2 weeks as I had some family things happening that got in the way. But this week Ive eaten as cleanly as I could and stuck to the program. I dont really have a goal weight Im aiming for I just want to lose some inches and tone up as pear shaped so all my fat is sitting on my hips, thighs and bum, hoping they will lean out a bit!

I have previously done 30ds,RI30 and dipped in and out of 6w6p,BFBM & NMTZ though didnt like the last 3 as much.
    Options
    Welcome new JMBR fans! :smile: congratulations on taking the plunge! You'll love the results this program will give you! Kick Jillian's butt!
  • Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carol. I am a 42-yr old stay at home mother. I weigh 169.2, about 46lbs overweight for me at 5'4" and am going to do something about it now. I am starting Body Revolution 7-day kickstart tomorrow although I tried workout1 already to see what it was like and loved it, although I am quite sore! I really want to stick with something this time so here I am!
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    Thanks Peggy for adding me! I love Jillian too, and have every one of her DVDs after 30 day shred. I went ahead and started today with workout 1 week 1. I did these last year, but did not complete. I am completing this time. I am a a runner too, so I will run for my cardio. I am 48 married with one son who is 27, and he just got married. My husband is the best supporter ever, and we have been together 27 yrs. I just got done with menopause, and looking to get rid of 15 nasty pounds on my 5'2 body! I have worked out the last 20 years, but never seeing results. Bad diet! Working on it.
    Options
    Hi Carol and Ann! Hope you liked WO1 Carol. So proud of you Ann for starting today! Yes - you will finish it this time or I will hunt you down......bwahahahahahahaha
  • lesleyworth
    lesleyworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lesley, 35 (for a few more weeks!), my goal to lose 50 lbs. I am down 12 so far (woooohooooo!). I am on day 19 of 30DS, and as soon as I'm done with it, I'll be starting JMBR (should be delivered this week!).
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    How lovely to see so many new members, welcome all!

this is it.. This is the start of a whole new you!!
  • tbullock
    tbullock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Toyia, 46yrs 163.5lbs with a goal of 130lbs. I am starting Body Revolution today 1/28/2013. I did all my shopping last night, prepped vegetables and packed my meals. I didn't preview the DVD's was too scared and woke up late this morning. SMH, I'm definitely going to need you guy's support.
    Options
    Hi Lesley and Toyia! Welcome! I think you're going to love JMBR!
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Elisa. I have been reading about this group for a few days. Finally bought the set last night. I have had success with Jillian in the past with 30 Day shred over the summer. I would love maintain this as much as possible for the next 90 days. Hopefully being accountable to this group will help me. I am going to do a 1200 - 1500 calorie diet, but eating more if I am hungry. I did wo 1 a few minutes ago and debating whether I want to do the kick-start this week.
  • gissi84
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ann (Gissi is my nickname). Just started BR this week. Have done 30DS a few times in the past, but only got to level 3 a couple of times.

I'm 56 yo - am I the oldest here?!? I need to lose about 30 lbs - gained and lost and gained, etc over the past 20 or so years! I'm hoping to stick with 1400 or so cals/day. I know it's over the recommended 1200, but that number is always too low for me and I end up quitting and regaining. I'm also rebounding from foot surgery last year (not entirely successful, unfortunately). I'm hoping all the functional training will improve my foot strength and balance, along with overall strength/balance.

So far, I've done Phase 1, dvd 1&2 - unbelievably, I'm not sore!

Good luck to all!
    Options
    Welcome Elisa and Gissi! - I personally wouldn't eat less than 1400 - especially while doing JMBR! It's a fantastic program and you will amaze yourselves with how you progress and what you're capable of! Gissi - age des NOT matter.... Trust me....Jillian has got me into better shape than many youngsters I know! Kick butt ladies!