Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Renee - I am 43 years young and I just ordered JM's Body Revolution. I should be getting it sometime next week.

I loved her 30DS and Shred it with weights. I just felt so good when I completed those programs, I finally bit the bullet and ordered BR. I am hoping that I enjoy it as much as the other ones.
  • Kimberly92122
    Options
    Hello Everyone: My name is Kimberly. I started JMBR yesterday. Mother of two kids, and I work full time. Will find 30 minutes a day to work out and do some extra cardio too. Not doing the meal plan specifically although I did look at some of the recipes but counting calories to match the suggested amount.
  • saspillar
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sammye and I just started JMBR on 1/29/13. I am ready to be done with who I am now and I'm looking forward to the person I know I can be and I know that JMBR is going to be the best way to do that. I also know this will be a struggle for me (trust me when I say JM is already kicking my butt right now!) I really can use all the encouragement I can get!!!
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

Im 23 from wny and the proud mama of a 5 year old pitbull. (Its my boyfriends chiwawa in my picture and yes im an awful speller) i am waiting for jmbr to come in the mail!! Ive done a lot of her videos before but never completed a challenge. This time i am planning on doing the program completely! I love working out but where i live there r no gyms close by so ive always done at home things.

Summer time will be here before we know it and im hoping that with this group and jmbr i will finally have the confidence that ive always wanted!

I love supportive friends and i am always encouraging back so please feel free to add me but use jmbr as a message so i know you rfrom this group.

We can do this together!!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies, so nice to have you as part of the crew!

Age, weight, dress size... They're all just numbers, fitness level - not important.... no-one will judge or be judged here! body revolution is our journey to make better versions of ourselves.

i agree about the cals, although Jillian does recomment a 1200 cal diet, the workouts burn in excess of 200-300 cals, and mfp recommend you net 1200.
  • Trasid
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm excited to find a group of people who are working out to JM BR. I have not seen many results listed so I wanted to share. I'm 45 yrs old and 5' 5" tall.

I started BR 4 weeks ago at 194 pounds. Fast forward and I now weigh 184 lbs. I've lost 2" in my chest, 3" in my waist and 2 1/2" in hips. I am happy with these results.

I look forward to sharing my successes with all of you and seeing your successes to help keep me motivated as well.

Thanks so much for posting here. It is going to be a great help to me!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm excited to find a group of people who are working out to JM BR. I have not seen many results listed so I wanted to share. I'm 45 yrs old and 5' 5" tall.

I started BR 4 weeks ago at 194 pounds. Fast forward and I now weigh 184 lbs. I've lost 2" in my chest, 3" in my waist and 2 1/2" in hips. I am happy with these results.

I look forward to sharing my successes with all of you and seeing your successes to help keep me motivated as well.

Thanks so much for posting here. It is going to be a great help to me!!!

Hello Trasid! We are a fairly new group and at the moment only have one graduate, staceypunk. A few ladies are due to finish shortly though! Thankyou for sharing your progress with us, you're doing great already! Long may it continue!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey Folks! I just started week seven. It's brutal. I love the workouts so far, and I have to admit that Jillian really motivates me, even through a TV. I've been doing her workouts for months now, but have not lost much weight. I'm definitely stronger and in better shape, though. I'm 33 and I've never worked out before. I'm determined to get in shape once and for all, and have the best body that I can! My purpose is to becoming physically stronger, in hopes that it will transpire to my inner being, as well :-)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hey Folks! I just started week seven. It's brutal. I love the workouts so far, and I have to admit that Jillian really motivates me, even through a TV. I've been doing her workouts for months now, but have not lost much weight. I'm definitely stronger and in better shape, though. I'm 33 and I've never worked out before. I'm determined to get in shape once and for all, and have the best body that I can! My purpose is to becoming physically stronger, in hopes that it will transpire to my inner being, as well :-)

Hey, nice to have you as part of the crew. I started workouts 7&8 this week too, she's really starting to mean business isn't she!
    I am a big fan of Jillian, i've been working out with her since April last year and have lost 25lbs. She has given me strength and stamina that i didn't think was possible, and a glimmer of real abs too!

Good luck on the rest of your BR journey!
  • slimbysummer13
    Options
    Hey my name's julieanna, I just started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution DVD yesterday and Im also new to this site.Im looking to lose the weight I've gained in the past year and a half, I went from weighing 150 pounds to 200.8 pounds(as of yesterday). Im doing the 7 day kickstart metabolism program to detoxify my body, and after that Ill jump right into week 2 and continue with the 90 day program! Im following the meal plan as best I can, but it requires alot of preparation and planning ahead.
    Anyway I didnt know how out of shape I was, until I started the workouts(yikes), and Im only on day 2 of week 1!lol But Im glad I found this forum, going through this together with other people will help me succeed with the program.I can't wait to read all of your success stories, and write my own as well, Looking forward to it!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you can make it past the first week with Jillian, I think you will be astounded at how quickly your body adapts to excericise! When I first started the 30 Shred, I couldn't make it through the first two minutes of cardio. By the third or fourth time I was able to complete all of the two minute cardio circuits in Level 1. Now I do the whole 30 minutes of cardio in phase 2 of Body Revolution. It's really empowering to "not suck" so bad when it comes to working out. Stick with it!
  • umimar
    umimar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mar and I am going to start BR today. I have just received the DVDs and I'll get down to business as soon as I am done with this post.

I am 5'7" and 179lb. Since last year (started last Feb.) I have lost almost 30lb. but still need to lose more (I'd like to get rid of 20lb. more). Before losing weight I didn't exercise at all. Last year I combined power walking, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos and Jillian Michaels (I know, very different styles :P ). I noticed that cardio was important, but definitely needed the weight training. That's why I like Jillian.

To be honest, I don't think I'll be following her diet plan, although I will be monitoring my calorie intake and make healthier choices. I can't function with less than 1400 calories, I've tried it and I get jittery :S

I've noticed these forums help me be accountable for my workouts, I agree that an exercise buddy makes a big difference. I'm glad I've found this one :)

Wish me luck!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hey my name's julieanna, I just started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution DVD yesterday and Im also new to this site.Im looking to lose the weight I've gained in the past year and a half, I went from weighing 150 pounds to 200.8 pounds(as of yesterday). Im doing the 7 day kickstart metabolism program to detoxify my body, and after that Ill jump right into week 2 and continue with the 90 day program! Im following the meal plan as best I can, but it requires alot of preparation and planning ahead.
    Anyway I didnt know how out of shape I was, until I started the workouts(yikes), and Im only on day 2 of week 1!lol But Im glad I found this forum, going through this together with other people will help me succeed with the program.I can't wait to read all of your success stories, and write my own as well, Looking forward to it!

Hi Julieanna! I was very out of shape when i first started working out, and found it extremely challenging, so don't be discouraged!

If you can make it past the first week with Jillian, I think you will be astounded at how quickly your body adapts to excericise! When I first started the 30 Shred, I couldn't make it through the first two minutes of cardio. By the third or fourth time I was able to complete all of the two minute cardio circuits in Level 1. Now I do the whole 30 minutes of cardio in phase 2 of Body Revolution. It's really empowering to "not suck" so bad when it comes to working out. Stick with it!

^^^ This ^^^ TOTALLY!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mar and I am going to start BR today. I have just received the DVDs and I'll get down to business as soon as I am done with this post.

I am 5'7" and 179lb. Since last year (started last Feb.) I have lost almost 30lb. but still need to lose more (I'd like to get rid of 20lb. more). Before losing weight I didn't exercise at all. Last year I combined power walking, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos and Jillian Michaels (I know, very different styles :P ). I noticed that cardio was important, but definitely needed the weight training. That's why I like Jillian.

To be honest, I don't think I'll be following her diet plan, although I will be monitoring my calorie intake and make healthier choices. I can't function with less than 1400 calories, I've tried it and I get jittery :S

I've noticed these forums help me be accountable for my workouts, I agree that an exercise buddy makes a big difference. I'm glad I've found this one :)

Wish me luck!!!

Hi Mar, welcome!!

I love the way Jillian gives you a great combination of cardio and strength exercises all wrapped up in one workout! Such great things can be achieved in just 30 minutes per day!

There are quite a few people here who aren't following the meal plan, and i do agree that 1400 cals + is a more realistic figure for diet, especially when the workouts will burn in excess of 200 cals. MFP recommend you should net 1200 cals.

Best of luck on your BR journey!
  • breakawaygurl
    breakawaygurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name's Gizzelle and I'm into the first week of BR. I did 30 Day Shred last month and I just love how Jillian makes me want to workout the next morning that after I finished it, I started BR. So far, I like how you rotate the workouts and how she makes me forget about the time. I warm up and the next thing I know, I survived the workout. :happy:

Here's hoping I complete this one as well!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Welcome Gizzelle! You will do more than survive - you will CONQUER!
  • PrayEatCleanDina
    Options
    Hi, I am Dina, I am in week 4 of Body Revolution. Haven't lost weight, but can tell my body is changing.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi, I am Dina, I am in week 4 of Body Revolution. Haven't lost weight, but can tell my body is changing.

Hi Dina, thanks for joining us!

Do you measure as well as weighing? I'm actually in maintance but found that I'm becoming smaller in the waist, bust and hips! Hoping that my thighs will follow suit shortly!! Lol.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lynds, 23 and on week 3 of my second run through of Body Revolution. I lose 22lbs last time not really giving it my all for the first 6 weeks so this time I'm trying to get as small and fit as possible in the next 9/10 weeks. I'm not sticking with her diet plan as I'm living with parents at the moment who are incredibly fussy when it comes to 'healthy' meals so sticking to it is not an option, just counting calories and trying to stay around the 1500-1700 mark on work out days (12-1350 on non workout days).

With Jillian workouts and counting calories I've lost 49lbs so far and currently weigh 279lbs...lemme tell you jumping straight into the 30 day shred at almost 330lbs and incredibly unfit is no laughing matter (I threw up and almost passed out in the shower after the first time) ANYWAAAY, looking forward to sharing progress, stories and the occasional rant about how plank filled these workouts are (seriously, holding up 270lbs on my hands is bloody difficult!)

x
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lynds, 23 and on week 3 of my second run through of Body Revolution. I lose 22lbs last time not really giving it my all for the first 6 weeks so this time I'm trying to get as small and fit as possible in the next 9/10 weeks. I'm not sticking with her diet plan as I'm living with parents at the moment who are incredibly fussy when it comes to 'healthy' meals so sticking to it is not an option, just counting calories and trying to stay around the 1500-1700 mark on work out days (12-1350 on non workout days).

With Jillian workouts and counting calories I've lost 49lbs so far and currently weigh 279lbs...lemme tell you jumping straight into the 30 day shred at almost 330lbs and incredibly unfit is no laughing matter (I threw up and almost passed out in the shower after the first time) ANYWAAAY, looking forward to sharing progress, stories and the occasional rant about how plank filled these workouts are (seriously, holding up 270lbs on my hands is bloody difficult!)

x

Welcome Lynds! Wow, you have had incredible progress so far, Jillian may be tough but boy, she knows how to get it done! I think i might have another rotation of BR at some point, i find that some of the moves are still challenging even when it's time to progress onto the next workout.

The 30 day shred was my first workout, and my introduction to Jillian. OMG i thought i was going to die! and my poor, poor, body on day 3 - i felt like i'd been hit by a bus! (lol @ the memories of hovering over the toilet and coming downstairs sideways!)

Nice to have you as part of the group!