Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Lesley and I'm a 27 year old Financial Aid Counselor at a college in Boston. I live in RI so I spend 4 hours a day just commuting back and forth to work. :grumble: I don't have any kids yet, but I have 1 dog and 2 birds that are my babies.
    The past few years I have made my health my priority. I have lost a total of 56 lbs already and I decided to pick up Jillian Michael's Body Revolution to keep the weight loss going and change things up a bit.

I started BR yesterday and so far so good!

Hi Lesley! Congrats on becoming our 300th member! I'm afraid there is no prize, apart from the glory! :flowerforyou:

Very well done on your amazing weight loss so far, long may it continue! It's great to have you as part of the crew!

Yay for #300!! I feel special! :smile:
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Stacy Kincy. I have about 30-40 pounds to lose and I just began JMBR a month ago and have successfully moved on to Phase II yesterday. I already notice a big change in my body even though I have only lost 6 pounds total. I am definately getting stronger and starting to see my six pack again and looking better in my clothes. Trying not to focus on the scale number anymore. I am not following Jillian's diet plan, for one its too much work and secondly its not enough calories for me because I also add in Turbo Fire Workouts and I am 5 11. So far so good!! I really love this program:smile:

PS not sure why my ticker says only 1 pound loss.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Stacy Kincy. I have about 30-40 pounds to lose and I just began JMBR a month ago and have successfully moved on to Phase II yesterday. I already notice a big change in my body even though I have only lost 6 pounds total. I am definately getting stronger and starting to see my six pack again and looking better in my clothes. Trying not to focus on the scale number anymore. I am not following Jillian's diet plan, for one its too much work and secondly its not enough calories for me because I also add in Turbo Fire Workouts and I am 5 11. So far so good!! I really love this program:smile:

PS not sure why my ticker says only 1 pound loss.

Hi Stacy, welcome to our group!

So glad to hear you are experiencing changes already - that's the perfect motivation to keep you going!
    It's also great to hear that you're not reliant on just the scale for progress reports - they can be evil sometimes! :grumble:
  • TracyTX
    TracyTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting the Jillian Michaels Body Reveloution Monday March 25th. I plan on working out Monday to Saturday. I keep telling mymself that this is 30 mins a day and I surely can do this! I had a child 3 years ago and have been hanging on to some extra weight. I want to lose 20lbs. It is time to get in shape! I just do not want to be thin, I want to be healthy and fit!

I am looking for workout buddies to join me on this JMBR! I plan on doing the program in its 90 day form.

Can't wait to fit in my colthes again! I am really happy to see you have created this group! This is awesome!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi! I am starting the Jillian Michaels Body Reveloution Monday March 25th. I plan on working out Monday to Saturday. I keep telling mymself that this is 30 mins a day and I surely can do this! I had a child 3 years ago and have been hanging on to some extra weight. I want to lose 20lbs. It is time to get in shape! I just do not want to be thin, I want to be healthy and fit!

I am looking for workout buddies to join me on this JMBR! I plan on doing the program in its 90 day form.

Can't wait to fit in my colthes again! I am really happy to see you have created this group! This is awesome!!

Hi Tracy!

Your goal sounds just like my starting aim when i came to MFP one year ago.

I'm pleased to say that i hit my goals, even though, to begin with, i was a complete exercise-phobe...i couldn't get past day 3 of a workout DVD! Jillian definitely changed my outlook on working out at home, and now i love it. She's given me changes that i could have only dreamt about!

If *I* can do this...you can DEFINITELY do it! Good luck!
  • jgirl63
    jgirl63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning - so glad to have found this group! I am on Ph 1 workout 3 of Body Revolution - have to do the cardio DVD later today. So far I am really enjoying! I have struggled with finding a workout routine that works the whole body and fit it in around my kids, work, their activities, etc...There is no way I can not find 30 minutes a day. Hoping to have great results like I have seen posted on this board. I am hoping to lose weight but more importantly feel stronger and less flabby. :0) I have been holding onto 30 lbs post pregnancy for the last few years and playing with the same 5lb loss for almost a year. Hoping this is the way to change things up for me and get the scale moving again - I am in need of motivation to keep going at it!
    :smile:
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Body Revolution on Tuesday, February 26th! Today is Week 4, Day 3 and I am feeling really good! There is a reason why I started on a Tuesday instead of a Monday. I walk the floors in my work building twice a day for (at least) 15 minutes each time. So Monday through Friday I am getting in about 60 minutes of exercise and Saturday and Sunday I get at least 30 minutes of exercise. This way I am sure to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day of the week. I have a 14.5 month old daughter and I wanted to lose some weight before getting pregnant again (hopefully this September....:bigsmile: ). I am not following the diet because I am on a diet through my hospital right now. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds and LOTS of inches with this program! As of Tuesday, March 19th, I have lost 7.4 pounds. That was the day that I began Week 4.

I find it very difficult to justify skipping a 30 minute workout that is already doing what I need it to do. That's what keeps me going. If it's working, then why stop? :smile:

Stay strong and keep up the great work!!

JJ
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Good morning - so glad to have found this group! I am on Ph 1 workout 3 of Body Revolution - have to do the cardio DVD later today. So far I am really enjoying! I have struggled with finding a workout routine that works the whole body and fit it in around my kids, work, their activities, etc...There is no way I can not find 30 minutes a day. Hoping to have great results like I have seen posted on this board. I am hoping to lose weight but more importantly feel stronger and less flabby. :0) I have been holding onto 30 lbs post pregnancy for the last few years and playing with the same 5lb loss for almost a year. Hoping this is the way to change things up for me and get the scale moving again - I am in need of motivation to keep going at it!
    :smile:

Hi jgirl, thanks for joining us! The fact that the workouts are so short was the main appeal to me too, and it's amazing what changes 30 minutes a day can make! i hope this group serves as a useful tool to keep you motivated... you CAN do it!!! Only YOU can change YOU. Oh and Jillian too - when she kicks your butt (purely out of love of course! lol)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Body Revolution on Tuesday, February 26th! Today is Week 4, Day 3 and I am feeling really good! There is a reason why I started on a Tuesday instead of a Monday. I walk the floors in my work building twice a day for (at least) 15 minutes each time. So Monday through Friday I am getting in about 60 minutes of exercise and Saturday and Sunday I get at least 30 minutes of exercise. This way I am sure to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day of the week. I have a 14.5 month old daughter and I wanted to lose some weight before getting pregnant again (hopefully this September....:bigsmile: ). I am not following the diet because I am on a diet through my hospital right now. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds and LOTS of inches with this program! As of Tuesday, March 19th, I have lost 7.4 pounds. That was the day that I began Week 4.

I find it very difficult to justify skipping a 30 minute workout that is already doing what I need it to do. That's what keeps me going. If it's working, then why stop? :smile:

Stay strong and keep up the great work!!

JJ

Hey JJ.

Love this: I find it very difficult to justify skipping a 30 minute workout that is already doing what I need it to do. That's what keeps me going. If it's working, then why stop? :smile:

So very true!!

Welcome to the group!
  • TracyTX
    TracyTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the wishes! Way to go for hitting your goals!
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi, I have just bought the DVD and am very excited to start tan exercise program. However, I will be starting on Monday morning 1 April. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to numbers, so just couldn't start today.
    Crazy I know ...
    I will do my usual brisk walking on the beach until then.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi, I have just bought the DVD and am very excited to start tan exercise program. However, I will be starting on Monday morning 1 April. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to numbers, so just couldn't start today.
    Crazy I know ...
    I will do my usual brisk walking on the beach until then.

Hi Ginoo! Welcome!

I don't think it's crazy, I think it's somehow mentally motivating to start something new at the beginning of a brand new month! It's like a new "chapter"

Good luck on your BR journey!
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am really excited about this new journey of mine. My whole life has always been a vicious cycle of either starving or binging mode. This is the first time that I am eating a healthy amount of calories and also the first time I actually understand how exercise plays its part in my weight management.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Brittany, and I too am a Jillianaholic! Lol!! I have a 2.5 year old little girl who I am greatful for, just wish I could lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight!! I am ideally wanting to lose about 20-25 lbs total with the program. This is my 2nd attempt to complete this, the first time life got in the way and I fell off the excercise bandwagon. Here's to sticking with it this time and getting the results I am hoping for!! :drinker:
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow, forgot to do an intro!

My name is Dee. I currently reside in PA, but orginally from Los Angeles.

I am a federal correctional officer and I work at a high security institution.

I have a husband (my soul mate) named Marc whom I met while both of us were serving in the U.S. Navy in Japan, and we have a 3-yo named Drake! I am going to be 35, so I am an older mom....

I lost, depending on the week, between 85-90 pounds since having my son, and I want to get 30 more pounds off if possiable. (I may like where I am before then!)

I started my weight loss efforts with Walking Away the Pounds programs and then I have been doing the Shred and other JM and Bob Harper, and I love Kettlebell. I started JMBR on March 4th and I love it!

Look forward to posting more, so I can keep accountable with others doing the program!

Dee
  • nlewis214
    Options
    HI! I just bought the DVD a few days ago, and I will be starting Monday April 1. I have about 50lbs to lose and I am hoping this system is just what I need to get my weight loss off to a good start. I love jillian!, and I have done a few of her other workouts and lost motivation within a couple days. I am serious about my weight loss this time and completely motivated to stick to this program. So here's to a complete body transformation for me.
  • ElleRose101
    ElleRose101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started week 6 yesterday! Seeing some amazing results...can't wait to see how I look at the end of the 12th week!
  • stacey716
    stacey716 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started JMBR on March 5th, in this last week (I was sick) I've missed a total of 5 workouts so I'm staying on 3 and 4 for the rest of this week before heading to phase 2. Is there anyone with really chunky legs that hav been doing this program and it totally transformed them to "chunk no more"? I'm hoping so
  • stacey716
    stacey716 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Stacey
    Besides starting this on March 5th, I really want this program to work for me. I'm tired of being over weight. I would love to wear shorts and dresses etc. My friend Angie is also doing this program with me to. I have learned that with the stress of life and as you get older the weight doesn't fall off like it used to. I hope to find support from other members because sometimes it's hard to stay on track. Currently I work two jobs, one is a factory which I sit and sew all day (I hate this job) and the other is doing CNA work at a nursing home. I live with my boyfriend and he has two kids. Life is just so busy sometimes. Also I design and make costumes at home. I have two dogs a boxer named Rocky and a tea cup chi. named Izzy. My main goal is to get down to 125 and I want to dress up as cat woman for Halloween. Thats my dream.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I started today, April 3rd.

I finished 30 Day Shred on Monday! I really improved my overall fitness with Shred, and have toned up all over and lost a lot of inches. I didn't lose any pounds at all, which was a huge bummer! I chalk it up to focusing more on making the daily workout a habit and building new muscles and less on finding the magic calorie number to lose.

I am really going to focus on calories in and hopefully start losing some pounds!!

I am loving the Jillian workouts!! We had a great Shred group, and they really motivated me to get up every morning and do this! Looking forward to what the next 90 days bring!

Viva la Revolution!! ????