Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    Today is my last day of Kickstart! 13 workouts done in 7 days - one to go. Do any of you continue to do two workouts a day? It's kind of fun - although with the weather getting nicer, I'm heading outside soon!
  • cc141
    cc141 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just placed an order for the body revolution and I am waiting anxiously because so many people have had such great results. I know it's going to be hard so I'm going to start do JM 30 day shred until it comes...hopefully it will get me a little ready.
    I just remade my MFP account (for the millionth time) because I'm trying to get a handle on this getting healthy thing and lose 20 pounds.
    Please add me!
    -Catherine
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello Brandy, minijag and Catherine!

welcome to our BR group!

Brandy - Brilliant success with 30DS I hope your success continues with BR! I lost all of my weight with Jillian Michaels DVDs, i didn't follow any of her meal plans though, i just stayed within MFP cals and macros.

minijag - I'm totally with you on the getting outside thing, even though i do love Jillian it does get a bit boring sometimes working out in front of a TV screen! I plan to start running and do C25K when the nice weather arrives!

Catherine - I was like a child with a new toy when my BR DVDs arrived! Too excited!! I hope this group can keep you focused and motivated this time round... You CAN do it!!

Good luck ladies!!
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Samantha! New mommy seeking (desperately!) to get back to my pre-baby weight. I am reaching the end of week 3 (phase 1 workout 2 & 3) and I can already tell that I may end up repeating it before phase 2 starts. I need to get the planks, crescent moon, as well as others down before I move on. Like many others I am not following the diet plan either, as long as I am eating healthy and keeping within my calorie intake I should be fine. I am always looking for more friends, so add me if you wish :tongue:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have just started week 3 and got to say...humph... It's a lot harder than weeks 1/2! But enjoying it so far and hoping for some good results :)
  • MegErin28
    Options
    Hey all! I started JMBR this past Monday. My husband and I want to start trying to get pregnant soon and I want to lose some weight first. Really proud I kept up with the exercises this week, hope it continues!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Welcome Samantha, 89nunu, MegErin!

I love hearing everyone's reasons behind wanting to get in shape!

We can do ANYTHING, if we put our minds to it and work hard enough, and Jillian is THE woman to help you achieve your goals!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. I did workout 1 last night. I plan to start the kickstart tomorrow, but won't be following the diet, as 1200 calories is not for me. I have bodymedia and it puts me on a 1510 calorie diet and usually ends up to about 1800 after exercise to keep my 1000 calorie deficit. I only burned 145 calories last night so I wasn't very happy about that, but I'm gonna give it more of a chance before I decide to not do it. I'll just have to add more cardio or play more Kinect til it warms up and i start c25k lol
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Vanessa I'm 27 yrs old , a nurse ( work night shift) .. On 6/4/12 I lost a total of 50 lbs couldn't seem to the lose the last 10lbs I plateaued for awhile got discouraged bc they weight wasn't coming off I ended up gaining 18lbs back : ( so I'm working hard to get back where I use to be 132 lbs reach my GW of 130 lb then UGW of 125lb ... I want to toned body! I started JM body revolution on Feb 25th so far I've lost 2.2 lbs I've completed the 1st 2 weeks and I love it especially that its only 30 mins a day
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello Michelle, Hello Vanessa! Thanks for joining us!

I hope this group serves as a great tool to help you achieve your goals! You both sound like you know exactly what you want and are determined to make it happen! Get it!!
  • eccoxem
    eccoxem Posts: 7
    Options
    Starting JMBR on monday. VERY EXITED AND MOTIVATED! Im only a little bit overweight but mainly dong this to get my confidence back and be able to play sports again without puffing and panting. Need all the support i can get and also people who can inspire me. feel free to add me as a friend people! xxx
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Vicki and I'm a Jillian-a-holic lol! I love her workouts and the results they bring.

I am on day 11 of Body Revolution and It's great. I have 26 lbs to go until my goal (although that may change when I get there!) and I am realistically hoping to lose at least 14 doing BR.

I have a blog to follow my progress so feel free to take a look and leave me a comment at http://vicki-keeps-pushing.blogspot.co.uk

I am determined to finish this, so come on, lets do it together!
  • 2007me
    2007me Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi All. I just joined MFP. I'm on my last week of Phase 1 of JMBR (3 more days/workouts to go!). I definitely feel stronger, but I've only lost 1.6 lbs so far (and that was all in the kickstart week). I've been good with the workout and eating plan, so I'm a little discouraged with the results. Was anyone else slow to see results? Do you think results will pick up in Phase 2? People seem to lose alot more than 2 lbs in Phase 1, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :-/

About me: 32 year old female. My weight goes up and down alot, and I tend to stress eat (I always gain when things are rough at work, or after a breakup). Overall, I've gained about 20 lbs over the past 5 years (since I started my current job). Also, I was alot heavier before, and years ago I lost about 30-40 lbs over the course of a year or two doing mostly billy blanks tae bo dvds. It was easier to maintain when I wasn't working. but I started to fluctuate and put the weight back on once I started working again. My goal is to get back to my 2007, 20 lbs lighter, self!
  • Treggie227
    Options
    Hi all- I've been on MFP since the beginning of February and am currently in week 3 of BR. I was able to complete workouts 1 & 2, but am struggling with 3 & 4 this week. I am able to complete so much more than I thought I would be able to.

2007me - I completely understand about the weird weight loss numbers. After the 1st week of BR I actually gained .2 lbs :sad: It was also TOM, but still. Trying to stick with it and keep positive because I can feel a difference in my body and my clothes. A few nights ago I went to scratch the back of my shoulder and was surprised when I felt muscle and bones rather than the usual fat. Don't plan to take measurements until next week, but I feel confident there will be a big changes that may not be as evident in my weight alone.
  • change4five18
    change4five18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started keeping track of things this past Monday and figured joining a group would help me stay accountable. Planning on starting Body Revolution in about two weeks and can't wait!

I'm a SAHM of a 3-year-old autistic boy. I've been married to the most incredible husband for almost 16 years. We live in NC and love it here (originally from IL).

I'm excited to get started!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi Ecco, Vicki, 2007me, Treggie and change4five! It's great to have you as part of the crew!

2007me - i'm afraid i can't comment about slow weight loss as i'm in maintenance, but you are more than welcome to create your own topic if you would like to? I will mention though that i think it's important to gauge progress on the tape measure as well as the scale, they often say things that don't logically correlate! (e.g i'm the same weight as i was before Christmas but i measure smaller now that i did then).

Good luck on your BR journeys ladies!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm starting JMBR today. This will be my second attempt. Last year I got as far as Phase 3 workout 7 but did not finish. I don't believe I was fully committed assuming that I could not do this because of my age and weight. But I want to give this another shot. I've been on MFP since July and the weight is coming off really slow and I've had starts and restarts but I'm not giving up.

I plan to complete JMBR in the mornings and continue walking (treadmill, the park or Leslie Sansone DVDs) in the evening. Sunday will be my rest day. I'm ready to get started and looking forward to support. I've read through many of the threads in this group and everyone is so motivating and supportive and very responsive to questions.

I plan to take measurements today so that even if the weight loss continues to be slow I have something else as an indicator of success. I'm determined to finish this program this time. Good luck everyone and let's do this!!! Please feel free to add me.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Lesley and I'm a 27 year old Financial Aid Counselor at a college in Boston. I live in RI so I spend 4 hours a day just commuting back and forth to work. :grumble: I don't have any kids yet, but I have 1 dog and 2 birds that are my babies.
    The past few years I have made my health my priority. I have lost a total of 56 lbs already and I decided to pick up Jillian Michael's Body Revolution to keep the weight loss going and change things up a bit.

I started BR yesterday and so far so good!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm starting JMBR today. This will be my second attempt. Last year I got as far as Phase 3 workout 7 but did not finish. I don't believe I was fully committed assuming that I could not do this because of my age and weight. But I want to give this another shot. I've been on MFP since July and the weight is coming off really slow and I've had starts and restarts but I'm not giving up.

I plan to complete JMBR in the mornings and continue walking (treadmill, the park or Leslie Sansone DVDs) in the evening. Sunday will be my rest day. I'm ready to get started and looking forward to support. I've read through many of the threads in this group and everyone is so motivating and supportive and very responsive to questions.

I plan to take measurements today so that even if the weight loss continues to be slow I have something else as an indicator of success. I'm determined to finish this program this time. Good luck everyone and let's do this!!! Please feel free to add me.

Hello Kathy! Good on you for coming back for another try! You CAN do this! Age and weight is just a number, this group proves that! We have a members spanning a wide range of age, weight and fitness levels but we all have that same goal - to get our bodies REVOLUTION-ISED by doing the BEST WE CAN, nothing more nothing less! Thanks for joining us, and good luck!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Lesley and I'm a 27 year old Financial Aid Counselor at a college in Boston. I live in RI so I spend 4 hours a day just commuting back and forth to work. :grumble: I don't have any kids yet, but I have 1 dog and 2 birds that are my babies.
    The past few years I have made my health my priority. I have lost a total of 56 lbs already and I decided to pick up Jillian Michael's Body Revolution to keep the weight loss going and change things up a bit.

I started BR yesterday and so far so good!

Hi Lesley! Congrats on becoming our 300th member! I'm afraid there is no prize, apart from the glory! :flowerforyou:

Very well done on your amazing weight loss so far, long may it continue! It's great to have you as part of the crew!