Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I started the Body Revolution on 12/31/12 and am now in week 8. I'm in my late 30's, weigh 156 lbs, and am 5'0 tall. I've lost about 1 lb/week so far on the program, but I am not following the Jillian meal plan and my average daily calories has been around 1600 cals. Going to try to do better on my calories from here on out and hopefully lose more weight!

This is a great group! Tons of useful information!

Hello! 1lb a week loss is brilliant, well done! Slow and steady always win the race as its more sustainable!
    I think its great that you have stated you're at a calorie allowance of 1600, it shows that weight loss can be achieved above the "recommended" 1200 cals by Jillian. 1200 cals is quite low, especially if no exercise cals are eaten back.

well done on your progress so far, keep up the great work!
  • joixful
    joixful Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 48 years young and decided that 2013 was my year of no more excuses. I was fit and very active until about 10/12 years ago, over which time I have steadily gained about 70 lb.

I ordererd JMBR in and tomorrow (Monday feb 24, 2013) begins my 4th week!!!! It hasnt been a perfect run but as JM says " you showed up!". Its been tough but i am so excited by how strong my body is getting! That alone has been the biggest motivator to keep going.

Since starting JMBR I have lost about 7-8 lb, but I have done this before. The real test will be to get my weight under 200 lb. I am not focusing on the weight so much and just want to have a strong body again. I know the weight loss will come with that. I started JMBR at 225lb and my goal weight is 150lb. I am 5'7''.

food wise - im not doing the JMBR meal plan because it is a little too much for me to handle along with focusing on the exercise. i am trying to keep my calories under 1200/day - and i am not eating back my calories. I just feel that i dont have the metabolism to do that. Maybe when my body is back on course i can do that. I know that i will have to get the eating better organized but for now i am trying to focus on getting back into the habit of exercising.

this site and this JMBR group has been such a great place of encouragement! Thank you!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello joixful, thanks for joining us!

it sounds like you really have your plan in hand, so get it girl!!

i wont dictate to you but keeping your cals below 1200 cals isn't advisable, it is said that your body needs that amount just to do basic functions so 1200 net cals at least is recommended! Don't be afraid to eat some, or all of your exercise calories back, with the big burns you will get during Jillian's workouts your body may need that extra fuel! Don't ever go hungry, it will hinder your progress.

good luck on your BR journey!
  • joixful
    joixful Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi new dawn - thanks for your reply! i"m going to pay attention to what you said about eating too few calories...besides MFP keeps telling me the same thing! I guess its just counter-intuitive.

But i will follow your advise.

I do have a question for you:

if i had a week of JMBR that i felt i struggled (did the program each day but struggled through the exercises).....do you think i should repeat that week until i am able to perform the exercises well and then move on to the next week? or should i just keep going?

thank you for any help you can give.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Personally, if it was me, and i was really struggling, i would repeat the week before moving on, to build up a little more strength and stamina and master the basics - many of moves are repeated later on in the program with an added twist (weights, a combo etc). Each new workout means a slight increase in intensity and i think if you move through it before you are ready to you could end up resenting the program because you think its "too hard". Saying that though, its not designed to be easy. I think there is a difference between "struggling" and "feeling challenged", Jillian wants you to feel challenged! You could always TRY the next workout, there's no harm in that - you might surprise yourself! And nothing is stopping you from deciding to stick with the previous workout for a while longer if you decide you're not ready to move on yet. Its all about YOU, and what feels right for YOU, this is your journey, make the most of it!
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Shari, Bug2love & crunchybubble! it's great to have you as part of the BR crew!!

Thanks! I actually started on Monday.
    So far I'm really happy with the program.
    I wasn't able to do 30 day shred, so the easy start is just what I needed.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm Steph, I started JMBR a week ago (this is my 2nd attempt).

I was in another JMBR group but they all seemed very low calorie to me, I eat 1800 cals a day, regardless of exercise, as my TDEE averages 2300 over a week.

My aim over JMBR is to lose inches (because who else but me know the scale number?!), and I measure on the 1st of a month (or an appropriate day near the first of a month!)

So I'll pretty much be measuring this weekend, and then starting workout's 2 & 3 next monday - I'm only doing 3 lots of workouts 1 & 2 as I'm up for moving on.

I'll post up my starting stats when I measure them, but weight wise I'm currently 180lbs, started at 194lbs and my eventual goal is to be a UK size 10, whatever weight that occurs at (I'm 5'5 and I suspect it will be around 160lbs, although could be as low as 140lbs).

Steph x

ETA: Forgot to say that I'm not doing the cardio disks (my knees can't handle it) so I'm doing DDP Yoga on the cardio days instead.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hey all - I'm Steph, I started JMBR a week ago (this is my 2nd attempt).

I was in another JMBR group but they all seemed very low calorie to me, I eat 1800 cals a day, regardless of exercise, as my TDEE averages 2300 over a week.

My aim over JMBR is to lose inches (because who else but me know the scale number?!), and I measure on the 1st of a month (or an appropriate day near the first of a month!)

So I'll pretty much be measuring this weekend, and then starting workout's 2 & 3 next monday - I'm only doing 3 lots of workouts 1 & 2 as I'm up for moving on.

I'll post up my starting stats when I measure them, but weight wise I'm currently 180lbs, started at 194lbs and my eventual goal is to be a UK size 10, whatever weight that occurs at (I'm 5'5 and I suspect it will be around 160lbs, although could be as low as 140lbs).

Steph x

ETA: Forgot to say that I'm not doing the cardio disks (my knees can't handle it) so I'm doing DDP Yoga on the cardio days instead.

Hi Steph, thanks for joining us!

I'm totally with you on the cal thing... alot of people think you need to eat much less but exercise more in order to lose weight (me included when i first started on MFP) but i have since learnt otherwise! Glad to hear you have discovered the same!
    It's great that you are not reliant on the scale, and prefer to focus on a pant size... you're tuned in to my way of thinking!

Good luck on your BR journey, we'll be cheering you along!!
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have just finished the 30 Day Shred and have had great results measurement wise with that. I love JM's style and have finally found a workout that is not too dancey so I can follow and keep up. I am going to start BR on Monday, 4 March 2013 and am really excited about this new journey. I am 1.65cm and weight 80.1kg. So far, I have been sticking to around 1200 cals per day (some days I eat a little more but not usually more than 1350 cals) and one day a week when I allow myself a treat. Although, I lost 4.5 kg during the shred, I did not lose any weight during the last level and I am a little discouraged with that but perhaps I need to persevere for a while. I was thinking that perhaps the cardio workouts in BR may help me lose some weight. Obviously losing inches is more important than kilos but I would like the scale to show at least a gradual decline. My other option is to up my cals a little. Maybe they are too low. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Katherine
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Diane from California. I did JMBR from August-November last year and had great results. I tried Turbo Fire for a couple months but it didn't motivate me like JMBR. I restarted JMBR on 2/17.

I love this program because it's fast, delivers results and Jillian makes me laugh with her comments and snorts.

I realize that i'm not as disciplined this time around. I'm hoping to get some support from other JMBR's to help me through.
  • LValyear
    LValyear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lori and I am 29 years old, 5'8 and 180lbs. I had my first child 10 months ago and therefore looking to loose the weight I have gained while on mat leave. I have already lost 13lbsso far, and just tarted JMBR on Feb.25 and looking to lose 15lbs more before I go back to work at the end of April. I hope to reach this goal with JMBR so that I can start trying for my second child and not carry the extra weight to my next pregnancy.

In 4 days I had already lost an inch off my waist, but no weight loss in my first week :( But I am sure it will come!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    In 4 days I had already lost an inch off my waist, but no weight loss in my first week :( But I am sure it will come!

You can do it! I lost 15 lbs with my first round of JMBR.
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 34 years old 5'9" and 169 lbs. I've been doing Jillian workouts since jan 1st and I've lost 26 lbs
    I just got my BR yesterday so I'm all set to start today. I'm going to do the kickstart with both the eating and exercise and see how it goes :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi Kayenne, Lori, Diane and Katherine! Welcome to the group!

It sounds like you have had BRILLIANT progress with Jillian so far! I hope she continues to work her magic!!
  • firemanswife950
    Options
    Hi! Im Tracy mother of 2 and very busy Lab Manager. Just started JMBR two days ago and it's going good so far! I started out on 2/19/13 at 228 and so far Im 5lbs lighter...I have a blog www.tracysbodyrevolution.wordpress.com if you would like to follow me! We can help each other!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Hi! Im Tracy mother of 2 and very busy Lab Manager. Just started JMBR two days ago and it's going good so far! I started out on 2/19/13 at 228 and so far Im 5lbs lighter...I have a blog www.tracysbodyrevolution.wordpress.com if you would like to follow me! We can help each other!

Tracy - 5 lbs down, that's so awesome!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Hello Tracy! Wow, you are off to a great start! Long may it continue!
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sue. I'm on the 6th day of the Kickstart. I have followed the diet and exercise and have lost 7 lbs. Tomorrow is my last day. Kind of scared that I will gain some back. Did any of you?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sue. I'm on the 6th day of the Kickstart. I have followed the diet and exercise and have lost 7 lbs. Tomorrow is my last day. Kind of scared that I will gain some back. Did any of you?

Hi Sue, well done for almost completing your kick start, that's quite a tough week!
    good job on your loss! I lost my Christmas gain during kick start (about 3lbs) and its stayed off.
  • bmurray2002
    Options
    Hi, my name is Brandy. I am on my 4th day of Kickstart:) I am not following the diet plan but am logging food into mfp. I just finished 30 day shred and lost inches but only around 5 lbs. Have others had sucess in weight loss joing JMBR without following her diet? Thanks.