Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    So now that I have already failed, which I kinda knew would happen. Moderation will be my goal for the next few months. No drinking Monday-Thursday. And keep them low throughout the weekend.

Sorry I failed you all :embarassed:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Awwww Chloe no worries....Work on moderation then...pick a number and stick to it

Day 5 will be very, very hard...Vikings/Packer game and no work tomorrow...sad that I can't even earn stupid drinks

Anyway, goodness is paying off...I am down 5 lbs. and it feels good
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Kim, I'm feeling a touch better this morning, but my throat is still bothering me. I have been drinking lots of ginger ale and that is certainly helping. I still plan to go to the Y today, but I'm only going to spend about 30 minutes on the elliptical, if that. At least need to do something and then I will come home and sleep. LOL.

Chloe, you didn't fail us all! I had drinking during the K-State game the other night, so it's all good. Every day is a new day!

Other than that, I wish I was feeling better! But I hope that everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    I'm sick of being sick. :sad:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Four days with "0"s but it was hard last night. I see many are under the weather with colds. The flu season is shaping up to be especially hard this year with only a 60% flu shot success rate. :grumble:

Hope all goes well for the great ppl in this group this month. I see many hard working genuine people here giving each other support. I love it! :heart:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Chloe, you didn't fail anyone!!

I'm off to take my PLACE test in a few. I've been so stressed about it, I might have a glass of wine when I get home. :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    2 very very light vodka and soda last night. It really did help take the edge off the tooth pain so I don't feel so bad. I got on the dreadmill so I wasn';t over on calories.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    0 for me again!
  • nisijam5
    Green tea is good. Green tea is my friend. Beer is bad. Beer is the devil. :devil:

Ryzeman...your right, the true flu is rampant. We've had many admissions with people who have been vaccinated and tested positve. The recommendation is to stay home to avoid spreading.

Sydney...awwww, it's a bad one and I hope you get well soon. Is there a weight loss benefit as least?

Robin, teeth are the worst...and, earaches

Dot, welllllllllll...when do you get results?

Bridget, sleep is good.

If I can get thru tonight, I can do anything!!
  • SoCalWoman
    I woke up from my nap and feel almost human again! danceegyption.gif

Poured me some wine (first real drink since I dunno when..Dec 29th?) Will make my son his last homecooked meal since he has an early flight tomorrow morning. :sad:
    We're gunna watch the last 2 epis of Homeland all together. This break went by way too fast.

Kim you're doing GREAT! You should be proud of yourself.
    Dot..keep us posted on your test.

I've never missed exercise so much. Can't wait to join in on all your great calorie burns!
  • nisijam5
    Syd, it breaks my :heart: when he leaves. I'm glad that you are able to have some wine now.

I went to 5 stores today to find NO snowpants. Geez Louise, we still have 4 months to go. I'll have to hit the local skateboard shop and I'll need to bring a child because I will def be the oldest person in there and out of my element. I hope they have some sort of old mom wear.
  • SoCalWoman
    LOL Kim...husband felt the same way when he went to the skate shop last week. He skis in Park City every year and needed some new gear. He said he never felt so old.
  • bgrune131
    I've got to say...my hot tea tastes so much better than any wine would! No booze for me until next Saturday...and then no alcohol until the 30th when my hubby & I go out of town for my birthday!

Friday - 0
    Saturday - 0

Woo hoo! :smile:
  • nisijam5
    I've got to say...my hot tea tastes so much better than any wine would!

LOL, good goals.

Day 5 complete. 16.1% of the way done with one pass to go. I had a dream that I used it already. Happy to say that I still have it like a lifeline.

Work called and I guess it's insane and they are looking for peeps to come in. I'm either money-hungry or insane. Probably both.

BTW, where is our sobriety leader Yvonne????? She should be reporting in.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Football. 1 blue moon. This is what they call moderation? Okay I am a slow learner but I think I can do this. 2 hours on dreadmill = 1 blue moon.
  • SoCalWoman
    One glass of red last night while finishing up Homeland.

The son got on his flight and is safely back in his dorm. I kept busy by taking down all the Xmas decorations. That's the most energy I've had in ages ..still coughing and have some congestion but it felt good to get the house back in order. I will count down the days until Spring Break now. :happy:

I'm thinking I've got the red wine open so I should have another glass or 2 tonight. Must not waste, right?

Back to reality tomorrow. I need to work and pay off some of these Christmas bills.
    Hope all my lushy pals are doing well....drinking or not...whatever is working for you.
    Thanks for letting me b!tch about being sick. You're the bestest.
    Sydney :flowerforyou:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    Checking in for January. Not participating in the sober challenge. Last year I did sober February and I may do that again this year but not sure yet. It is the shortest month of the year :smile:

Congrats to all those who have stayed dry thus far! Cheers to those who haven't!

Saturday - 1 glass white, 1 shot candy cane vodka
    Sunday - 2 glasses white
  • nisijam5
    Nice job Robin...whatever works, right?

Sydney, glad you got your energy back.

Diana, looks like you have moderation going as well. Of course, your drunk on puppy love.

Day 6 is a success despite a huge challenge of going to my friend's house. We got there about eight o'clock and of course she had the kitty cocktails ready in margarita glasses. It definitely felt good to hold one with the kitty cocktail. So, I did it!! 19.4% of the way done and a pass left. The weekend of the 19th it will acutally be exciting to have cocktails as the exception instead of the norm.
  • bgrune131
    Sydney, I'm so glad that you're finally feeling better and can actually enjoy some wine now! YAY!

I successfully made it through the whole weekend without a drop of alcohol. Just lots and lots of water & tea....and I am happy with that. I believe I will be able to stay dry until next Saturday (depending on how this work week goes....sometimes it's just impossible!) Working in a law firm is sometimes just out of this world stressful! However, despite being sick this weekend, I did make it to the gym both yesterday and today! So proud of myself.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend & that Monday isn't too hard on any of you guys!

~Bridget:smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Still booze free! I'm surprised at how easy it was over the weekend and I feel great today and am down 1 pound from Thursday. So I lost a pound over the weekend. Let me think of that last time that happened.....Oh yeah. Never. :smile: