Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Congrats on the dry weekend everyone!!!!!

Friday-2 shots of bourbon, 3 vodka and diet tonic and 2 glasses of wine. I was pretty trashed!!
    Saturday-3 beers before dinner, a manhattan and 1/2 a bottle of wine at dinner, then 3 beers after dinner. Seems like a lot but it was spread out over several several hours.
    Sunday-1 screw driver and 4 beers.
    Monday-thursday will be zeros...hopefully!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Friday- half bottle of red
    Saturday- a couple very weak vodka and diet tonics and probably a bottle of red
    Sunday- a Sangria and a large coors light from Hooters

This week definitely zeros Monday-Thursday!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Sun - 2 beers
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Zip, did we rub off on you at all? :wink:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Kate & Chloe, looks like you guys had a fun weekend! :)

I will hopefully make it Monday-Friday without booze, but Wednesday nights are kind of my hubby & I's date night and he always buys me my favorite wine so it's just sitting there when I get home. I told him I'm not wanting to drink so not to buy any, but he's forgetful. LOL. So, Wednesday I may have a glass or 2 of white wine, but that is it. I don't really have any desire to drink....you can really tell I don't feel good when that is the case!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    And 0 for Sunday! It's a New Years miracle!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Well Sunday I had two beers- but had "0"s up to then. Grats to you who have done well and kudos to the rest of us who are moderating! :smile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Still lushing. Husband and I had lots at the bar during the day Saturday but I was still able to watch and enjoy my Packers with my new cheesehead :smile: . About to go log an hour on the bike, it'll be nice working out consistently again. We stocked up on lots of good eats so something healthy for dinner tonight and probably some wine.
  • kblue2007
    Zero last night, let's see if I can make it another tonight :laugh: It should be pretty easy we don't have any wine in the house...well except delicious port but I am making an effort atleast for the rest of the month to tone it down a bit!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    All 0's since last Friday! :smile:

All I've have to drink during the days is water and lots and lots of tea!! I think I'm addicted to green tea! I'm drinking that instead of my coffee in the mornings. Still keeps me pretty peppy!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Monday....................Day #7.....................Success

Bring on Day #8..............:drinker: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    You guys are doing great!

2 glasses of red last night. Off for my first cardio/strength workout since I've been sick and can't wait. Wish me luck!
  • kblue2007
    You guys are doing great!

2 glasses of red last night. Off for my first cardio/strength workout since I've been sick and can't wait. Wish me luck!

LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I almost caved last night...but I didn't!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I almost caved last night...but I didn't!!

Yipee! I'm on day 8 as well. I've been detoxing/fasting so I feel so healthy drinking all my green crap that it sort of makes me not want to drink alcohol. Herbal tea is my friend. Herbal tea is my friend. And my break is near! Well a week away.
  • Kat120285
    So proud of you all staying strong and hanging in there :flowerforyou: You're all amazing!

3 or 4 glasses of wine last night.

Going to get another hour on the bike in today, probably sooner than later. Had a scrumptious healthy lunch of homemade kitchen sink salad, a mini ham sandwich with grey poupon mustard and lettuce with a few chips on the side. Got back into having lots of water too which is made all the more easy by the convenient water dispenser on our fridge.

Took all the Christmas decorations down yesterday and even though it's not Spring I'm getting some "Spring cleaning" done each day. Freshened up the table scape on our dining room table, tall taper candles along with 2 big vases of pretty and pretty smelling flowers. Need to get some laundry done and do the kitty boxes.

Not sure about drinks tonight, we put our old fridge downstairs and it's primarily for beer and wine now so there will always be lots of booze in the house. I'm focusing on the losing weight the healthy way now as opposed to working out like mad before the wedding. I want a routine I can stick with the weight will actually stay off and for this lush that includes boozy beverages haha.

Happy Tuesday all, good luck to those doing a no booze January and cheers to my fellow lushes who like me are balancing things out :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I am really impressed by you guys. You are doing great. I am doing my own moderating thing but not having a drink until it is almost bed time. It really relaxes me so I can go to bed so early. (I aim for 8:00-8:30 most nights) I had another 15000 step day yesterday!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Here's the kitten joining me in my exercise today.

bella-1_zpsd2e6bcea.jpg
  • Kat120285
    Here's the kitten joining me in my exercise today.

bella-1_zpsd2e6bcea.jpg

So cute! I love when my little one jumps up and "plays" with the things moving on the TV :smile: