Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I had a late meeting last night, and typically I like to drink when I have to work an 11 hours day, but alas I did not.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

I can not tell you the last time I went 3days...in a row...without a drink and let me tell you I have been sleeping awesome..could also be that I am back to working out. Although I skipped the gym this morning, three days back to heavier weights and my entire body is screaming at me. Lifting my arms over my head hurts, pulling up my pants and washing in the shower...ouchy. Gonna take a break from working out today, maybe go for a walk to pick some things up at the market OR maybe just PT.
    I am aiming for another zero tonight. Tomorrow though.....brewskis with my gf, I can not wait!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Wow, impressed with Ashley and Kate...well done girls

Kate, I am also sleeping better but still take an 1/2 ambien each night. I have horrible insomnia, even as a kid.

Well, my hell-a-icous weekend starts tomorrow and I will def be alcohol-free.

Day 10 is under way....32.3% of the way...1/3rd whoot, whoot

Have both Yvonne and MamaLush dropped off?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    I too am sleeping better. Something else different about sleeping.....if I get under our big fluffy comforter, I wake up literally damp with sweat during the night. It sucks and it's gross. That's not happening to me now. Could it be the booze? Sounds like I need to do some reasearch.....

Way to go ladies!

I'm looking forward to wine next Wednesday. I'm thinking of either adding another free pass (I know...I know....) or exchanging my 1/19 pass. My BFFs have not been together in a dinner/fun setting in months. We were supposed to do Xmas dinner and gift exchange last month, but 2 days prior one of my BFFs had her baby 8.5 weeks early (I think I told you all about it). Anyways, baby and Mom are doing fine so we're getting Mom out for dinner on the 26th. It's just that it's so close to February.......
  • nisijam5
    Ashley, it will be interesting to see how much we can handle when we do. Look at Dot, could barely finish the wine

I was trying to think of how much money I'm saving without purchasing alcohol for the month. It much be hundreds I'm sure between happy hours and home drinking :blushing:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Nice job on the zeros ladies!

Ashley- I wake up sweaty too sometimes, I never about it being booze related. But, yes it is gross.
  • kblue2007
    Oh my god, me too..with the sweats....Hmmmm, very interesting!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    2 glasses of red. I'm nothing if not consistent. :laugh:

Good job on the 0 ladies! I also wake up sweaty but I'm old....it's menopause related.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Oh my god, me too..with the sweats....Hmmmm, very interesting!

Yeah, from my expert research (aka Google) it's pretty much a sign of alcohol withdrawal/detoxification. Whoopsies..... I guess the good news is that they've gone away. And typically I think I just get them after weekend bingers.
  • nisijam5
    Well, I guess that explains day 4 or 5. I was chilled to the bone and cold and sweaty-ish.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    0 last night.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I am still here. My post yesterday disappeared and I got frustrated so I didn't redo it. I stayed home yesterday and had a wonderful me day. I got 17500 steps in and only had a couple vodka rocks at the end of the day. With so much more exersize and good eating I may try a zero week next week and see how it goes.

Great job on the zeros.

I get night sweats but that comes with being 52:wink:

Happy Lushing.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Wine last night and there will be wine tonight. Drinks tomorrow as well since I'm getting together with some of my girls. Saturday husband and I will have an early dinner and be home to watch my Packers. Then he leaves Sunday for business and I won't really see him until Friday after he's home from work and that'll probably be for maybe a short dinner before he passes out from exhaustion. I'm not seeing many if any 0's until the week after but I'll be trying to keep up with work outs and healthy eating to balance :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    1 glass of wine tonight...but that's only because my other one spilled. :sad: I broke my glass too....and cleaning red wine out of my carpet definitely burned extra calories. :grumble:
  • kblue2007
    Booo, I'm not sure whats worse the broken wine glass, the stained carpet or the spilled wine....all sucky Syd!!!!

Well, I made it 3 days with zeros, last night I had two manahattans and they were glorious!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Oh no! Red wine on carpet is bad news!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Going to a hot yoga class tomorrow morning, so that is my motivation to not drink tonight. I want to make sure I am really hydrated and feeling good in the morning. I am really excited to get back into yoga. Tomorrow will start my one month membership at this studio.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    two moderate glasses of red wine. Keeping with calories and walking my butt off.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    No moderation last night. Started with martini and a mani, then a tall boy can of coors light, then red wine. Feeling a little rough today and likely more drinking tonight at a concert, tomorrow for the playoff game...Go Broncos...
  • SoCalWoman
    Ummm...yeah..if I looked like your profile pic in my bikini I wouldn't worry about moderating either!

TGIF lushes!
  • nisijam5
    Strong craving for a red wine with pizza tonight but refrained. I have a coupon for a bistro, buy one glass and get one free. I will wait until next weekend. I will def be over in cals d/t the pizza. Oh, well. I had to have the extra piece. I'm going to try and get some elliptical in.

The scale moved again this morning and I am liking it.

Spilled red wine sounds like a nightmare, ugh :explode: I agree with you, Syd, Amy's abs are TO DYE FOR.

Robin, are we going to have to call you Mama Moderation?

Chloe, hot yoga you would def want to be hydrated for - or - be :sick:

Kate, I am proud of your 3 days!!