• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Syd, I'd love the recipe!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Day 15 and halfway thru....tomorrow is official weigh-in day and I will see some good results I hope.

Ditto. We rock. :wink:

My official weigh in day is Thursday, but I am having my cheat day (for drinking and eating) on Wednesday, so I think I'll weigh tomorrow as well. I need to do a litle damage control today for yesterday....so I'm not expecting anything fantastic, but had a nice loss last week.

Mmmm....homemade Kahlua..... Oh, and Kate, yum chocolate covered pretzel martini. How does one make that?

I'm excited about my wine tomorrow. I do hope to drink moderately. I need a plan. I'm thinking split a bottle of wine at dinner and 2-3 drinks at the show. If we can even drink at this venue. It's a fancy sit down theater so who knows..... My husband and I both have the next day off, so maybe a night cap when we get home. I'm keeping it to 6 or less. After 6, everything goes down hill......
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member

Oh, and Kate, yum chocolate covered pretzel martini. How does one make that?

[/quote]

Oddly enough, its whipped vodka and frangelico (2 to 1) with a salted rim. Quite tasty!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Last night was 2 glasses of red. Try for 0 tonight, since I'll have margs tomorrow. even drinking every other day is better than some months I've had.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ashley, I am jealous of your evening but it is well-deserved after our dry spell. I am excited to hear if you're a cheap date :bigsmile:

I am counting down to SaTuRdAy...:drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Way too much wine was had last night with my girl :sick: I'm going to New York with her for her birthday this weekend so I'm sure there will be just as much had this weekend.

Maybe I'll get some 0's sometime this year :tongue:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Gosh have I really not posted in here yet this month, I remember reading some of the posts at the beginning of the month.

Well done to the abstainers. I decided to opt for a sort of moderation in January. I finally got my taste for alcohol back and I had loads of drink left over from Christmas and it needed drinking. Anyway there's more days that I haven't had alcohol than I have, so that's moderation in my book. Plus I still don't seem to have fully recovered from my abstinence as drink goes to my head really quickly.

I'm going to have to clean up my act a bit soon, I'm baking more sugary treats, and of course eating them, so I'm looking a bit too 'fluffy' round the middle.
  • nisijam5
    Hi Yvonne...Happy late lushing

Ok, I've created the ultimine sin of this thread. :noway: I opened a beer to make the patty melt gravy and have to throw 1/2 the bottle away. :sad:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member

Ok, I've created the ultimine sin of this thread. :noway: I opened a beer to make the patty melt gravy and have to throw 1/2 the bottle away. :sad:

I hate wasting anything; especially alcohol. :ohwell:

I'm excited about tonight. I'm excited to drink, but not as much as I thought I'd be. What do they say, it takes two weeks to form a habit? Not that I'm not going to drink in February.....but maybe my outlook will have chnaged. Hopefully. So 15.5 days alcohol free for me!!! Then I'll have another couple dry days, then a 6 day run to end finish it out. Yay.
  • kblue2007
    Have a great time tonight Ashley!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Ashley- Have fun tonight! I do find when I cut back on drinking the less I want it also.
  • nisijam5
    Yay, Ashley, go have some fun with hubs and a day off. I agree with your sentiments on the not really wanting it as much as I used to. However, I am sure that it can be easily fixed.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    0 last night.

Dot, I will dig through my mom's recipe box and post that Kahlua recipe sometime this week.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Tuesday=0 drinks!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    0 last night.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    I feel bad breaking the zero streak...7 of you lushes (or is that ex-lushes) in a row!!!

Monday - 1.5 glasses of wine
    Tuesday - 1 vanilla rum and diet coke
    Wednesday - yep today ...candy cane vodka and diet root beer and some wine tonight.
  • kblue2007
    I feel bad breaking the zero streak...7 of you lushes (or is that ex-lushes) in a row!!!

Monday - 1.5 glasses of wine
    Tuesday - 1 vanilla rum and diet coke
    Wednesday - yep today ...candy cane vodka and diet root beer and some wine tonight.

Wolf, I am feeling a bit cranky and could possibly be joining you in a cocktail this evening....we shall see :sad:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Wolf, I'm going to enjoy some wine tonight too!! :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I decided to have vodka for dinner. Yesterday was just hellish and I needed it. Some of you are doing so well with abstaining. I just can't seem to do it. Oh well. have a great day.!